These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What's the best way going about getting SOE standing?

Author
Regrets x
Crystal Ballers
#1 - 2015-01-31 17:53:01 UTC
Relatively new to missioning, looking to get standing with Sisters of EVE corp to be able to install jump clones in NPC null sec (as I understand it, they are the best corp to have standings with for this purpose) and that new Thera system...if I ever stumble upon it.

What's the best way to get standings with SOE? The standard mission grinding from 1 to 4 and then continue at level 4? Outside of skill training, are there any tips and tricks I should be aware of that may make the process more efficient?

Also, what are epic arc missions as well as PLEXs I believe they are called? Are there any special missions that will help boost my standing with them quickly?

I don't need help with fittings unless there is something specific I should be aware of when running SOE lvl 4 missions. Just wanna know the fastest way to +8.0 standings with SOE.

Sorry for the wall of text, any help would be appreciated o/
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#2 - 2015-01-31 17:59:29 UTC
Regrets x wrote:
Relatively new to missioning, looking to get standing with Sisters of EVE corp to be able to install jump clones in NPC null sec (as I understand it, they are the best corp to have standings with for this purpose) and that new Thera system...if I ever stumble upon it.

What's the best way to get standings with SOE? The standard mission grinding from 1 to 4 and then continue at level 4? Outside of skill training, are there any tips and tricks I should be aware of that may make the process more efficient?

Also, what are epic arc missions as well as PLEXs I believe they are called? Are there any special missions that will help boost my standing with them quickly?

I don't need help with fittings unless there is something specific I should be aware of when running SOE lvl 4 missions. Just wanna know the fastest way to +8.0 standings with SOE.

Sorry for the wall of text, any help would be appreciated o/

Train Social to V and Connections to V and then run 1 level 1 mission for SoE corp. You will get immediate access to level 2's

Then blitz level 2's until your unmodified standings get to 3.75, modified to 5.0 and then run Level 4's

Or... for a little over a bil you could have Candy Box at ONS in channel '.ONS.' run them for you and get your standings up in about 2 or 3 days. That is what I did :)

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Orlacc
#3 - 2015-01-31 18:37:37 UTC
Over and over and over etc.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#4 - 2015-01-31 19:40:10 UTC
in the time it takes to train social V and connections V you could have easily gotten the 8.0 standings with SoE. Imo lv3 or 4 is more than sufficient. With connections lv 3 you only require one lv1 mission then I'd move up to lv2s, and then onto lv3s when you get the chance. Here it depends on your skills, with lower skills I'd say just keep blitzing lv 3 missions, as they will likely go faster than lv4s. with good/great skills lv4s will probably be faster as they give bigger boosts, but that might require relocating or getting a different ship.

looking at my alt's standings (only one to have done the SoE epic arc, and relatively neutral beyond that) I'd say the SoE arc is not worth doing for SoE standings.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-01-31 20:53:39 UTC
not sure, but I have 7.06 SoE FACTION standing and I've barely ever missioned for the corp (SoE corp standing is 5.15)

Does doing gallente agent missions add to SoE or something?
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#6 - 2015-02-01 06:40:17 UTC
Tsukino Stareine wrote:
not sure, but I have 7.06 SoE FACTION standing and I've barely ever missioned for the corp (SoE corp standing is 5.15)

Does doing gallente agent missions add to SoE or something?

yea, they have 8.0 standings to each other so eventually derived standings will get you to that level. Also the reason running SoE missions repairs negative gallente standings so effectively Blink

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2015-02-01 07:12:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Tipa Riot
OP wants to install jump clones ... first, you can choose any corp with medical facility to grind standings, create clones and move them where you need them, there is no need to create a "SOE clone" to store a jump clone in their stations. True, SOE is one of the best corps to have high standings and run lvl4 with, but because of the LP store goodies (sisters launcher and probes). Second, you can skip the grinding completely by using a jump clone service either from your player corp or a public one like http://www.jumpclones.de/index.php/services/jumpclones

I'm my own NPC alt.

Iyokus Patrouette
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-02-02 00:48:50 UTC
Doing missions for the Sisters of Eve Corp is the best way to get standings with them Blink

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

KapTaiN KaVerN
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2015-02-02 08:47:45 UTC
Also you can do the SoE Arc mission for a major bump to your standing

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/The_Blood-Stained_Stars

@kaptain_kavern -- Proud member of EvE-Scout Enclave -- EveEyeMap user

Antonio Steele
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-02-05 01:52:24 UTC
Aren't all the SOE L4 agent systems full of craploads of gankers? It always sounded like a deathtrap to me.
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-02-05 12:49:02 UTC
Antonio Steele wrote:
Aren't all the SOE L4 agent systems full of craploads of gankers? It always sounded like a deathtrap to me.

Well there are 3 high sec locations for SoE... but only one of them is really bad. The other two don't have as much population for some reason.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

erg cz
Blood Blind
Short Bus Syndicate
#12 - 2015-02-05 15:25:10 UTC
Antonio Steele wrote:

Missioned quite a lot in Apanake and Lanngisi. Couple of times near Apanake I really got my MTU under fire, but always have had enough time to save it. Lanngisi agent will sometimes send you across Barkrik, which takes almost minute to cross in most BS hulls. But no big deal really.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#13 - 2015-02-06 03:40:10 UTC
Antonio Steele wrote:

I took a look on the killboards the other day, and they didn't look all that bad. that said there is nearly always a small ship somewhere near station which I can only assume is scanning ships looking for shiny mods. Imo any mission ship can be fit to be very effective and not likely to get ganked.

heck I barely saw anything in the way of mission invaders, then again I tend to blitz, so that helps quite a bit.

HoruSeth
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2015-02-06 09:21:02 UTC
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
Train Social to V and Connections to V and then run 1 level 1 mission for SoE corp. You will get immediate access to level 2's

Then blitz level 2's until your unmodified standings get to 3.75, modified to 5.0 and then run Level 4's

As already said V/V is not really needed skillwise. 3/3 is OK.
And blitzing Level 2 until you can do IVs is not efficient. As soon as L3 are available do them. And even with L4 keep doing Level 3 for a while. If you are lucky you get L3 Gurista Strike Storyline. Provides so much standing push as it has 10 story line missions in a row and with some luck you can get 70+M ISK from those 10 missions as well, but the main thing is the standing increase!

On my gravestone will be written: "Died because he used sarcasm in the wrong moment"

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#15 - 2015-02-06 12:19:22 UTC
HoruSeth wrote:
Market McSelling Alt wrote:

As already said V/V is not really needed skillwise. 3/3 is OK.
And blitzing Level 2 until you can do IVs is not efficient. As soon as L3 are available do them. And even with L4 keep doing Level 3 for a while. If you are lucky you get L3 Gurista Strike Storyline. Provides so much standing push as it has 10 story line missions in a row and with some luck you can get 70+M ISK from those 10 missions as well, but the main thing is the standing increase!

Honestly the highest standing boost in the game is Shipyard Theft... it is a 32.55 and can one shot someone to level 4's