These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

CEP Response to Federation Election, Roden manifesto ?

Author
TomHorn
Horn Brothers Holdings Inc.
#1 - 2015-02-02 21:50:24 UTC
What do you think will be the response by the CEP, after the recent Federation elections and Roden manifesto of continued increases in funding for defense and security, along with further investment in strengthening of the Tripwire Border Protection Program. There was no mention of the Caldari homeworld and a continuation of the talks to end the occupation.

Im sure they will soon gather to discuss the ramifications of the elections and his manifesto.

Since the fall of Heth and the reoccuption of the homeworld the Patriot bloc has been fairly silent. There have been rumblings of disapproval , but Ishukone has decided the direction of the State, with the rest of the bloc eventually agreeing, voting with them. Apart from CEO Alakoni Ishanoya, Lai Dai, who is his own man and will stand up for what he believes in, and what he thinks is right, who voted against the agreement for the re occuaption of the homeworld. Who is a true Caldari, man of honor and integrity.

I think it will lead to the Patriot voice within the CEP start to grow louder once more, Ishukone direction for the State begin to slow down. Increase on spending by CEP on our navy and intelligence services.

Personally, if the Patriot blocs voice does grow louder and start to gather more infulence within the CEP, id like to see them remove Ishukone as administrators for Caldari Prime. Replace them with Lai Dai Corporation CEO Alakoni Ishanoya part of the patriot bloc.

Roden and this goverment are going to continue their policy of occuaption of our homeworld.
Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#2 - 2015-02-02 22:34:23 UTC
Can you explain to me what Federation "occupation" of "your" homeworld is presently taking place? Our military left long ago, replaced by Mordu's Legion peacekeepers.

Or do you mean the Gallente civilians?
Nathaniel Kalen
Dynamic Frontier Solutions
#3 - 2015-02-02 22:59:24 UTC
I'm sure, that the question of returning Caldari Prime will be one of the very first to be discussed. But there are rumors about Jacus Roden statement during the elections, when he indicated the State as a significant threat to the Federation. I think, we're at the very edge of a new war to broke out.

CEP, I'm pretty sure, will mention that and I hope they won't be too indecisive to speak of it loud and clear. Alakoni Ishanoya will certainly do everything possible to increase Lai Dai's influence both within and outside the State. Hope this to be true.

As I mentioned elsewhere further increase in fundings military forces (no matter what for) will lead to the arms race and the break out of war. So let's just wait until CEP makes its statement and ready ourselves for action.
TomHorn
#4 - 2015-02-02 23:04:09 UTC
Rinai Vero wrote:
Can you explain to me what Federation "occupation" of "your" homeworld is presently taking place? Our military left long ago, replaced by Mordu's Legion peacekeepers.

Part of our homeworld is controlled and governed by the Federation. Inhabitants of Gallente districts are considered part of the Federation and fall under Federal Law. These districts are purely administrative, they are not segregated by ethnicity. So Caldari living in Gallente districts are living under Federation occupation.

Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#5 - 2015-02-02 23:43:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Rinai Vero
TomHorn wrote:
Rinai Vero wrote:

Part of our homeworld is controlled and governed by the Federation. Inhabitants of Gallente districts are considered part of the Federation and fall under Federal Law. These districts are purely administrative, they are not segregated by ethnicity. So Caldari living in Gallente districts are living under Federation occupation.

I don't think that's a wholly accurate assessment of the situation at all. My understanding was that the entire planet was under the split mandate of Ishukone and Material Acquisitions, with the two of them administrating Caldari and Gallente Districts respectively. Gallente inhabitants within Ishukone jurisdictions are subject to the same governing principals as would be a Caldari Citizen of a non-Ishukone Corporation elsewhere in the State under their administration. Basically, they are treated as Material Acquisitions "citizens" under terms negotiated with the State vis a vis Ishukone.

Caldari Citizens in Material Acquisitions administered Districts are required to follow the local regulations as they would in any district administered by a Caldari Megacorp. Gallente Citizens, at the same time, are guaranteed their full rights and privileges under the Federal Union through the auspices of Material Acquisitions status as a Federally registered Corporation.

As I see it, the entire setup is purposefully arranged to guarantee the Corporate rights of Caldari Citizens and recognize Caldari Sovereignty.

All of this, of course, is secured wholly without the involvement of Federation or State militaries. The only thing the State can't do is park another Titan in orbit. The only thing the Federation can't do is send its Navy in to land ground troops. Not without a fight from Mordus Legion anyway.
John Revenent
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#6 - 2015-02-03 01:12:56 UTC
TomHorn wrote:
Personally, if the Patriot blocs voice does grow louder and start to gather more infulence within the CEP, id like to see them remove Ishukone as administrators for Caldari Prime. Replace them with Lai Dai Corporation CEO Alakoni Ishanoya part of the patriot bloc.

Roden and this goverment are going to continue their policy of occuaption of our homeworld.

I'm sure you would like to see this, but it isn't going to happen. The Federation deals with Ishukone because they continue to prove to be a stable entity that is capable of a thing called compromise.

Ishukone Loyalist - Private Contractor

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."

Alexi Drakenovic
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-02-03 01:35:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Alexi Drakenovic
Quote:

As mademoiselle Vero has stated, Mordu's Legion is the only military group there, bar the security groups of Ishukone, and the equivalent for the Federation, apologies i cant not recall that groups name.

And as Revenent-haan has stated, and as i'm sure you know, is that Ishukone can come to a compromise and hold onto it, and as it has been seen on our home planet, it is working, the rights of Gallente civilians is protected by the Federation, as the Caldari Citizens are protected by the State, Mordu's Legion is the middle ground there.

This is why they should not, and i hope will not replace Ishukone with Lai Dai, peace will never be reached if we allow a group that is "loud" as you say, will not end well, having members of the patriotic bloc will lead to more hostilities that are un-needed, if we upset the balance there, and something happens, something to Caldari citizens.. And by extension the Gallente citizens who our people, for the most part, live alongside each other, then that is on our hands.. We must preserve the peace, war is not the answer here, peace is the answer, something i believe only Ishukone has the capability of making it happen.

All for the good of many.
Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#8 - 2015-02-03 01:59:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Anabella Rella
There doesn't seem to be any way to reason with people like Horn. What they want is a Caldari Prime ethnically cleansed of Gallentean citizens and re-militarized by State forces. He and the more vocal "patriots" forget that there are ethnic Gallente who've been living on that planet for centuries and who wish to remain doing so. They also forget that it would be foolish in the extreme for the Federal government to allow Caldari Prime to be re-militarized. Like it or not, Caldari Prime sits in the heart of Gallente high sec space. Why should the Federation allow the State to have unfettered and unconditional sovereignty over the planet so that one of their future leaders could place another doomsday weapon in orbit and threaten Luminaire?

Brute force isn't the answer Pilot Horn. Your people tried that once and it didn't end well. Why would you argue for going down that road again?

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-02-03 02:09:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Caught in a snowstorm, foot bitten by the frost, the ranger has an option: There is shelter to hand. If he makes use of it, it will keep him warm and alive, but he'll most likely lose a toe to the frostbite.

On the other hand, there is a medical center an hour away which could save the toe, but in getting to it he might freeze to death.

Horn's the kind of man who wouldn't hesitate to set out toward the hospital. All or nothing, no compromise allowed. Not an admirable quality, in my view.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

TomHorn
#10 - 2015-02-03 02:51:15 UTC
Rinai Vero wrote:
TomHorn wrote:
Rinai Vero wrote:

I don't think that's a wholly accurate assessment of the situation at all. My understanding was that the entire planet was under the split mandate of Ishukone and Material Acquisitions, with the two of them administrating Caldari and Gallente Districts respectively. Gallente inhabitants within Ishukone jurisdictions are subject to the same governing principals as would be a Caldari Citizen of a non-Ishukone Corporation elsewhere in the State under their administration. Basically, they are treated as Material Acquisitions "citizens" under terms negotiated with the State vis a vis Ishukone.

Caldari Citizens in Material Acquisitions administered Districts are required to follow the local regulations as they would in any district administered by a Caldari Megacorp. Gallente Citizens, at the same time, are guaranteed their full rights and privileges under the Federal Union through the auspices of Material Acquisitions status as a Federally registered Corporation.

As I see it, the entire setup is purposefully arranged to guarantee the Corporate rights of Caldari Citizens and recognize Caldari Sovereignty.

All of this, of course, is secured wholly without the involvement of Federation or State militaries. The only thing the State can't do is park another Titan in orbit. The only thing the Federation can't do is send its Navy in to land ground troops. Not without a fight from Mordus Legion anyway.

No your wrong Vero. All inhabitants of the Gallente districts are considered full citizens of the Federation and fall under all laws that previously applied to Caldari Prime prior to Heth invasion. Prior to the Heth invasion Caldari Prime had been occupied and controlled by the Federation for the past 200 years.

Even if the above is not true which it is, we would want to see an end to the Gallente districts.The fact remains that the planet should belong to the Caldari State and only the Caldari, which at the moment it does not.

Your own father believed in an end to Federation occupation and control Vero, every daughter should listen to their father.

Alexi Drakenovic
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-02-03 03:12:08 UTC
Quote:
No your wrong Vero. All inhabitants of the Gallente districts are considered full citizens of the Federation and fall under all laws that previously applied to Caldari Prime prior to Heth invasion. Prior to the Heth invasion Caldari Prime had been occupied and controlled by the Federation for the past 200 years.

Even if the above is not true which it is, we would want to see an end to the Gallente districts.The fact remains that the planet should belong to the Caldari State and only the Caldari, which at the moment it does not.

Your own father believed in an end to Federation occupation and control Vero, every daughter should listen to their father.

This is somewhat wrong, Ishukone protects all Caldari on Caldari Prime if they wish to be, there are a few who have willing become citizens of the Federation, and visa versa, and that was the past Tomhorn-haan, we should not let that rule our train of thought. Any Citizen of either the Federation or the State my approach Ishukene or the Federation equivalent and have this corrected, No Caldari is forced to be a Gallente citizen on Caldari Prime, and to my knowledge, no Gallente is forced to be a Caldari citizen just because they are in the district.

While i wish Caldari Prime was still ours, unfortunately for the foreseeable future, it wont be, there have been Gallente family lines that have been there for over 200 years and before the war, just as there has been Caldari there since the time of the war, the problem is. Think of it this way, imagine it the other way round for one moment, do you think for a second we would give it up given its strategic importance? No.. unfortunately we would not.. I do not believe Gallente should leave Caldari Prime, as it is as much there home now as it was our, our home world or not, but we can live in peace side by side, we would not give it up in history was reversed.. I would prefer to have my homeworld as a becon of hope, prosperity and peace, then a pace of hate, exodus and racial prejudice.. Our people have the chance to make New Eden better, and rather then taking the first step, all we think about is who we must kill, and who we must hate..

And please, do not insult mademoiselle Vero, from what i have seen she is one of the even headed ones, not blinded by hatred and pride as much as us Caldari are, most of us look at this as a chance to kill the Federation, to take back what they "stole", and then what? do you honestly beleive that would be the end and there would be peace? cause there would not.. This is a chance at peace.. And we are squandering it..

Just imagine the whole situation reversed, you might gain a new perspective.

All for the good of many.
TomHorn
#12 - 2015-02-03 03:28:01 UTC
John Revenent wrote:
TomHorn wrote:

I'm sure you would like to see this, but it isn't going to happen. The Federation deals with Ishukone because they continue to prove to be a stable entity that is capable of a thing called compromise.

John, thats just it, we've all seen Roden elected for a second term, seen his manifesto. Yeah, maybe we should wait, here him speak at the senate first. There ain't going to be any more compromises from Roden and his goverment. As far as Roden and the Federation goverment are concerned the deal is done on Caldari Prime. Maybe secretly Ishukone know this, or maybe they don't im not sure.

From here on in, Mens Reppola aint going be able to handle it. Think we're going need a little bit more Caldari spirit and backbone, like heroic sacrifice of Admiral Yakiya Tovil-Toba during the first Gallente Caldari war, in the future negotiations regarding Caldari Prime.
Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#13 - 2015-02-03 03:52:49 UTC
Care to provide any evidence of that claim that the governing laws of Gallente Districts are the same as before the Invasion? I've never seen anything to suggest such a state of affairs.

In fact, I have read exactly the opposite... that the current administration has been carefully negotiated between Ishukone and Material Acquisition. Caldari Prime bears absolutely no resemblance to the Occupation Era government anymore. How could it? That was a regime entirely built upon the presence or threat of intervention by the Federation Armed Forces. Believe me, I lived there. I saw it first hand. Again, our military is gone.

With it went any Federal ability to compel any Caldari not to live within the State if they choose to do so. Even if they are within a Gallente District, and were unsatisfied with the local administration... no barrier but their own merit prevents them simply joining their Caldari governed neighbors.

I believe you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how Federal citizenship works. What rights it confers, and what responsibilities it requires. I think you fear that which you misunderstand, and most of all... I think you fear that some Caldari on "your" Homeworld might desire to be Federation Citizens. That they may freely choose the liberty and equality we offer and reject the State.

As for my father: he believed in ending the Occupation. The Occupation is ended.

He did not believe that the State should take over oppressing and abusing his Gallente neighbors the way he had been abused. I wish he were alive today. I wish all of us could benefit from his wisdom on how to heal the wounds and solve the problems of Caldari Prime. He isn't.
Gwen Ikiryo
Alexylva Paradox
#14 - 2015-02-03 03:55:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Gwen Ikiryo
People talk about reclaiming Caldari Prime by force like it's still YC 110, as if all State orbital presence around the planet hasn't been completely neutralized. CONCORDs brief "interregnum" that allowed Tibus Heth to plunge a relatively small force through the border zone and secure the planet was either, depending on your perspective, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, or an incredible stroke of bad luck. Regardless, the point is that it's not something that can simply be repeated at will.

Many more militant members of the State seem to frequently forget that in spite of their resistance on the ground, right now, if the Federation chose, it could reduce the Caldari controlled half of the planet to colourful assortment of smoldering craters and glassy wastelands, and there would be absolutely nothing they could do about it. The only way reinforcement fleets are getting to that planet is through a lengthy conventional campaign through the now far more fortified Federal stargate network, opposed by both Rodens far less docile navy, and, of course, CONCORD.

It is the wiser solution - Perhaps the only solution - To milk the Federal Senates recent amicable attitude and general war weariness for all they are worth, even if Rodens administration results in delays that last decades. The State is simply no longer in a position where it is diplomatically sensible to make threats. Open war, even victory, would lead at best to it only liberating ashes.
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#15 - 2015-02-03 04:08:36 UTC
John Revenent wrote:
TomHorn wrote:

Despite my standing as a member of the Patriot bloc I have to say that instability and change is something we do not want at this point. Ishukone has done a sterling job managing the negotiations for the return of, and administration of, the new territories thus far. Rewarding success with punishment doesn't seem to be fair or sensible, to me.

On the other hand, I'm sure Ishukone knows that no one corporation can remain the sole steward of Home forever. The question is whether the time is ripe, the juncture correct and so forth.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#16 - 2015-02-03 04:16:49 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:
There doesn't seem to be any way to reason with people like Horn. What they want is a Caldari Prime ethnically cleansed of Gallentean citizens and re-militarized by State forces. He and the more vocal "patriots" forget that there are ethnic Gallente who've been living on that planet for centuries and who wish to remain doing so. They also forget that it would be foolish in the extreme for the Federal government to allow Caldari Prime to be re-militarized. Like it or not, Caldari Prime sits in the heart of Gallente high sec space. Why should the Federation allow the State to have unfettered and unconditional sovereignty over the planet so that one of their future leaders could place another doomsday weapon in orbit and threaten Luminaire?

Brute force isn't the answer Pilot Horn. Your people tried that once and it didn't end well. Why would you argue for going down that road again?

I wouldn't say that the Patriot bloc forgets that there are Gallente citizens who have been on Home for centuries, Anabella. Au contraire, we remembered when Liberal corporations found it more convenient to forget, I'm sure. Did you really think we forgot? Oh dear me, no.

The question of settling Caldari Prime is one that needs to continue by diplomacy, but I do hope the people of the Federation remember that if diplomacy fails there is always diplomacy by other means.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

TomHorn
#17 - 2015-02-03 04:22:10 UTC
Quote:
Care to provide any evidence of that claim that the governing laws of Gallente Districts are the same as before the Invasion? I've never seen anything to suggest such a state of affairs.

Only changes, im aware of regarding the treaty below is the handing over of the city of Arcurio to Ishukone control Vero.

Final details of Caldari Prime DMZ

Caldari Prime will be divided into a number of districts that shall be split between Gallente and Caldari administration, while Mordu's Legion will provide security for the planet. After final negotiations, roughly fifty-four percent of the districts will fall under the Caldari jurisdiction of the Ishukone Corporation, while forty-six percent will be Gallente districts administered by Material Acquisition. The districts are purely administrative; they shall not be segregated by ethnicity.

The treaty has been signed into law by the Senate, President Jacus Roden, and the Chief Executive Panel. Inhabitants of the Gallente districts will be considered full citizens of the Federation and fall under all laws that previously applied to Caldari Prime prior to the Caldari invasion. The Caldari districts are under a more convoluted system, with individuals retaining corporate citizenship with their current megacorporate employers, though Ishukone will collect administrative taxes and apply their corporate law for civilian activities.

According to the terms of the treaty, Caldari Prime's two largest cities, Arcurio and Tovil, shall be split between the two sides. Tovil will fall under Caldari administration, while Arcurio has been placed within a Gallente district.

Mordu's Legion shall be solely responsible for defense and policing of the planet, with neither the Gallente or Caldari armed forces or any corporate police forces having jurisdiction. Mordu's Legion will be paid from a joint fund provided by the Federation government and the Chief Executive Panel, with each side providing an equal share to prevent the potential for bias. Vessels belonging to Mordu's Legion have already been spotted transporting troops, police, and supplies in preparation for a longer term stay.

In a joint statement released by both the Federation and State, the agreement was called “a compromise that provides the best path toward the preservation of Caldari Prime” and “the fairest resolution that could be reached.”

Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#18 - 2015-02-03 04:23:41 UTC
TomHorn wrote:
John, thats just it, we've all seen Roden elected for a second term, seen his manifesto. Yeah, maybe we should wait, here him speak at the senate first. There ain't going to be any more compromises from Roden and his goverment. As far as Roden and the Federation goverment are concerned the deal is done on Caldari Prime. Maybe secretly Ishukone know this, or maybe they don't im not sure.

From here on in, Mens Reppola aint going be able to handle it. Think we're going need a little bit more Caldari spirit and backbone, like heroic sacrifice of Admiral Yakiya Tovil-Toba during the first Gallente Caldari war, in the future negotiations regarding Caldari Prime.

Roden is talking about increasing defence - and I don't have a problem with that. Let him continue to build bloated ranks of ships that are utterly unsuited for a campaign of aggression within the State. If it allows him to defend the Federation from the depredations of a true enemy that is actually attacking him then I'll cheer him on. The defence of it's Citizens is the first duty of government.

He says that the State is a threat to the Federation. Good. We are a threat to the Federation, especially if they overstep their authority and try to expand their borders. They should fear us - would you like to live in a cluster where they do not?

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#19 - 2015-02-03 04:44:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Diana Kim
Rinai Vero wrote:

Every gallente on our homeworld is OCCUPANT. And we will continue fighting, as one great Caldari patriot and soldier of the State, Mantel, said:

"So be it, until there's no Gallente on Caldari Prime"

(By the way, he is from Ishukone corporation, but he is Caldari in his heart unlike traitor Reppola!)

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#20 - 2015-02-03 05:08:46 UTC
TomHorn wrote:
Quote:

Only changes, im aware of regarding the treaty below is the handing over of the city of Arcurio to Ishukone control Vero.

Final details of Caldari Prime DMZ

Caldari Prime will be divided into a number of districts that shall be split between Gallente and Caldari administration, while Mordu's Legion will provide security for the planet. After final negotiations, roughly fifty-four percent of the districts will fall under the Caldari jurisdiction of the Ishukone Corporation, while forty-six percent will be Gallente districts administered by Material Acquisition. The districts are purely administrative; they shall not be segregated by ethnicity.

The treaty has been signed into law by the Senate, President Jacus Roden, and the Chief Executive Panel. Inhabitants of the Gallente districts will be considered full citizens of the Federation and fall under all laws that previously applied to Caldari Prime prior to the Caldari invasion. The Caldari districts are under a more convoluted system, with individuals retaining corporate citizenship with their current megacorporate employers, though Ishukone will collect administrative taxes and apply their corporate law for civilian activities.

According to the terms of the treaty, Caldari Prime's two largest cities, Arcurio and Tovil, shall be split between the two sides. Tovil will fall under Caldari administration, while Arcurio has been placed within a Gallente district.

You realize that the DMZ Treaty was signed two years ago yes? What was done at the time merely established a legal framework, the full structure of which will continue to be expanded or renovated over time by the people who live in each administrative district as they see fit. I can assure you that nowhere in the Gallente Federation do our laws remain static.

In other words, proving that the laws were a certain way does not prove that they are still.
12Next page