These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Classiest Smack Talk Ever

First post
Author
Esnaelc Sin'led
Lonesome Capsuleer
#21 - 2015-02-01 12:55:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Esnaelc Sin'led
Epikurus wrote:
Yeah, you're right, we didn't make a strategic misjudgement by picking a fight with someone who is stronger than us, boasting about how cool we were for doing so, and then complaining that we're a poor little kid getting bullied when we got slapped back down.

Common sense and an accurate perception of our capabilities makes us bad. Far better to have an overinflated sense of our abilities combined with indignant self-pity. The combination looks really good on you and we should seek to emulate it.

We don't have to be ashamed of being proud of what we've done to Snuffed Out.
And when we were all chest-beating about it, we deserved it.

But why would we still be chest-beating when a strong entity like Snuff, bat-phones Amarrs and Squids, plus drops 15 Archons on field ?

I think we can still be proud that such a powerfull entity have to do such things when it fights Gal Mil, can't we ?

Aside all that, and whatever thoughts you can have about Gal Mil, we can impartially make the statement that Snuffed Out smack talking about Gal Mil being "pussies" or "cowards" is kinda shamefull from them.

Such force projection capacity, to rule a Factional Warfare warzone, and being proud of it.
Such a challenge..

I wonder what they could possibly do in Null Sec, which is at their level, more than FW warzone.

But we can't blame them for remaining in a zone where they are all-powerfull and, i quote : "just want good fights nothing more, nothing less".
Ronga Dosloe
Blue Canary
Watch This
#22 - 2015-02-01 14:18:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Ronga Dosloe
Epikurus wrote:
Ronga Dosloe wrote:
News just in Snuff continue to pick fights with the smallest kid they can find

The Gallente self-image has changed radically in the last few months. Not long ago it was all chest-beating about how you could stand toe to toe with Snuff and were actively provoking them to fight you. Now you're 'the smallest kid' getting bullied by the nasty big guys?

We were chest beating because we killed a few snuff fleets after they escalated with capitals and supers which is a big deal for us and rightfully so. Bohica were actively provoking Snuff by RFing everything in sight, us other guys in GalMil weren't RFing anything at the time.

The only reason we could actually beat Snuff those few times was that Bohica put in the work RFing towers, and added enough to our numbers with Ishtars, dreads, HIC and stuff that we could actually stand toe to toe for bit. Without them ofc we cant match a 40 man T3 fleet with capitals and supers on stand by.
Zedarh Amarizto
CORE Backbone Industry
Brothers of Tangra
#23 - 2015-02-01 15:01:52 UTC
I just ran out of shampoo.

Note: Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.

Elo Mittani
Doomheim
#24 - 2015-02-01 15:07:01 UTC
I also just ran out of shampoo.
Zel Toni
UK Mercs
#25 - 2015-02-01 15:07:56 UTC
I just ran out of shampoo whilst typing I have nearly ran out of shampoo.
Varathius
Enlightened Industries
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2015-02-01 15:34:36 UTC
pure entertainment
Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#27 - 2015-02-01 16:17:48 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
*Snip* Please refrain from posting private in game correspondence. ISD Ezwal.
Epikurus
TheBlacklist
#28 - 2015-02-01 16:19:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Epikurus
Ronga Dosloe wrote:
Epikurus wrote:
Ronga Dosloe wrote:

The Gallente self-image has changed radically in the last few months. Not long ago it was all chest-beating about how you could stand toe to toe with Snuff and were actively provoking them to fight you. Now you're 'the smallest kid' getting bullied by the nasty big guys?

We were chest beating because we killed a few snuff fleets after they escalated with capitals and supers which is a big deal for us and rightfully so. Bohica were actively provoking Snuff by RFing everything in sight, us other guys in GalMil weren't RFing anything at the time.

The only reason we could actually beat Snuff those few times was that Bohica put in the work RFing towers, and added enough to our numbers with Ishtars, dreads, HIC and stuff that we could actually stand toe to toe for bit. Without them ofc we cant match a 40 man T3 fleet with capitals and supers on stand by.

So you're saying that now the nullsec tourists, having got you into a conflict you weren't really suited for, have left your side you're now the 'smallest kid' in lowsec. Big smile

Fun as this forum smack is, the reality is that GalMil is a bunch of very fine pilots who, rightly, haven't hesitated for a second in the past when it has come to bringing the hammer down on a completely outclassed enemy (those Bohica Ishtars did some quite nasty work against CalMil, for instance). You should be proud about taking Snuff on but you really shouldn't be whining about Snuff using the tools that they have at their disposal to beat you. The fact is, you would do exactly the same in their position.
Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#29 - 2015-02-01 16:27:46 UTC
Epikurus wrote:
Ronga Dosloe wrote:
Epikurus wrote:
Ronga Dosloe wrote:

So you're saying that now the nullsec tourists, having got you into a conflict you weren't really suited for, have left your side you're now the 'smallest kid' in lowsec. Big smile

Fun as this forum smack is, the reality is that GalMil is a bunch of very fine pilots who, rightly, haven't hesitated for a second in the past when it has come to bringing the hammer down on a completely outclassed enemy (those Bohica Ishtars did some quite nasty work against CalMil, for instance). You should be proud about taking Snuff on but you really shouldn't be whining about Snuff using the tools that they have at their disposal to beat you. The fact is, you would do exactly the same in their position.

I could care less about who is chest beating, when, and why. Calling people in the military Cowards, or calling everyone faggots is a bit out of line imo, but it's the internet so I can't say I'm surprised.
Esnaelc Sin'led
Lonesome Capsuleer
#30 - 2015-02-01 16:38:58 UTC
Epikurus wrote:

You're totally right, and i see some impartial thoughts.

The fact is that GalMil is not complaining at all about what Snuffed Out is using against us. Like you said, we'd do the same.
GalMil, well at least _me_, is only smiling at people smack talkin' about how their ennemies are so weak.

They know we can't face them anymore, so why bother chest-beating about how strong they are in a Factional Warfare zone with no challenge at all anymore ?
Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#31 - 2015-02-01 16:40:18 UTC
There is no such a thing as "out of line" when it comes to smack talk!

Sadly we live in these civilizations or societies where true freedom of speech actually doesn't seem to exist.
Deacon Abox
Black Eagle5
#32 - 2015-02-01 17:00:33 UTC
"Btw perhaps if you and roy had some balls you mite of made us work for this moon, But tbh what can we expect from galmil much the same way as the US army cowards."

This above is the offensive Perunga quote itt, for those sidetracked with the internet spaceship gripes. Who really gives a **** about Snuff dropping supers and mewling to Calmil for backup. Everyone in this game does **** like that if they aren't certain of a victory.

The point is though the stupid rl insult. I'm sure there was plenty of leadership drama behind Perunga leaving Galmil. But calling the US army cowards? Where the hell did that come from? Perunga lost his mind a while ago. Straight

CCP, there are off buttons for ship explosions, missile effects, turret effects, etc. "Immersion" does not seem to be harmed by those. So, [u]please[/u] give us a persisting off button for the jump gate and autoscan visuals.

Ronga Dosloe
Blue Canary
Watch This
#33 - 2015-02-01 17:06:16 UTC
Epikurus wrote:
Ronga Dosloe wrote:
Epikurus wrote:
Ronga Dosloe wrote:

Smallest kid they can find doesn't mean smallest kid in low sec what so ever and its pretty clear it doesn't say that.

Next we regularly try to match fleet comps to get good fights as is the nature of FW reshipping, if you turn up in armour cruisers we aren't exactly known to try and drop battleships and triage on you.

Finally we wouldn't be in FW if we formed 40 man t3 fleets with capitals and super on standby, people in GalMil who want to do that leave and join Snuff, SC or some other group that flys them. So we wouldn't be in their position in the first place, but the original point was about Snuff outclassing us and smacking why we don't drop dreads again etc, not the fact that they shouldn't fly to win tower timers etc.
Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#34 - 2015-02-01 17:21:27 UTC
Deacon Abox wrote:
"Btw perhaps if you and roy had some balls you mite of made us work for this moon, But tbh what can we expect from galmil much the same way as the US army cowards."

This above is the offensive Perunga quote itt, for those sidetracked with the internet spaceship gripes. Who really gives a **** about Snuff dropping supers and mewling to Calmil for backup. Everyone in this game does **** like that if they aren't certain of a victory.

The point is though the stupid rl insult. I'm sure there was plenty of leadership drama behind Perunga leaving Galmil. But calling the US army cowards? Where the hell did that come from? Perunga lost his mind a while ago. Straight

Maybe he was speaking his mind. Or maybe he was trying to **** you off.
Dread Operative
Main Corporation
Prisoners With Jobs
#35 - 2015-02-01 18:49:46 UTC
Why is **** censored and ****** isn't?

EDIT: wth!
Ashlar Vellum
Esquire Armaments
#36 - 2015-02-01 20:10:50 UTC
lol, perunga sure knows how to rustle some peeps jimmies.
Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
#37 - 2015-02-01 22:50:12 UTC
Perunga is super chill, man. I never had a problem with his straightforwardness. It was a riot.

As for this. Bah, I hope it doesn't get blown out of proportion. We all stick our head in our rear sometimes. People who want to get politically correct should be mindful of the history of their own mother country before we go down that road. Let it be. We have civilians on our own shores saying these same things lately. It's a sensitive subject. Honor the dead, don't be bastards, and if you're gonna have one foot in the subject, make sure you understand what we - what others - have been fighting. War is kinda like a fist fight. It's gonna get dirty if there's a biter.

I would hate for this to keep escalating to something similar, like, say, the recent bonus room thing. In the end, people should see that a man thought it was worth making a fool of himself for internet fake money. I never listened to it myself. Others should ask why they chose to, and not be so easily influenced by the crowd. Or in this case the news which led to the parroted smack talk.

Besides. The best that snuff's got came from Galmil. :p bunch of hand biters
Yuri Antollare
Moira.
#38 - 2015-02-02 02:03:41 UTC
Ronga Dosloe wrote:
Epikurus wrote:
Ronga Dosloe wrote:

Those Bohica Ishtars getting volleyed by Machs at range while the real fight happened at 0 with Megas, or the fight where they were in Domis at range while the fight was won or lost @ 0 with Megas? HICS/Dreads???? Did they manage to squeeze a dread into the group of galmill ones that dropped one fight? I didn't notice.

"us other guys in GalMil weren't RFing anything at the time." Moira does not equal Galmill.

"Without them ofc we cant match a 40 man T3 fleet with capitals and supers on stand by" Like the fight two weeks ago? Pirate
Dread Operative
Main Corporation
Prisoners With Jobs
#39 - 2015-02-02 03:54:36 UTC
Yuri Antollare wrote:
Those Bohica Ishtars getting volleyed by Machs at range while the real fight happened at 0 with Megas, or the fight where they were in Domis at range while the fight was won or lost @ 0 with Megas? HICS/Dreads???? Did they manage to squeeze a dread into the group of galmill ones that dropped one fight? I didn't notice.

Honestly this ALWAYS bothered me about the fights with you guys. You were all risking ships and isk and they sat back at range and used you guys as meat shields.
Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#40 - 2015-02-02 04:35:44 UTC
Michael Moore did it better.