These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Plex my account in return for most anything!

First post
Author
Thomas Robertson
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2015-01-31 19:46:00 UTC
Hi there,

I have recently made this new (trial) account although I am returning to Eve after a good year-ish.

I have another 24-25m sp character as well, although there is no doubt: I am a noob.

I was wondering if there are any players/ corps out there that would ever consider plexxing my account (whichever they should choose) in return for me doing pretty much anything in-game.

The sole reason for this is that I really would like to play Eve and simply do not have the money to pay for subscription at present.

I understand that this is a bit of a long-shot - to say the least - as there would need to be a certain level of trust in place for someone to simply plex my account for me. Nevertheless, please get in touch if you are interested. I can assure you I'm a quick learner and have much to offer in the long-term: your investment would be a lucrative one.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Thomas
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-01-31 19:55:30 UTC
Don't think begging is allowed, no matter how articulated it is.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#3 - 2015-01-31 20:04:36 UTC
Tsukino Stareine wrote:
Don't think begging is allowed, no matter how articulated it is.

Correct, begging isn't allowed.
reported.
Thomas Robertson
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2015-01-31 20:09:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Thomas Robertson
Sorry chaps, didn't realise this was begging.

That being said, I can't see anything in the forum rules against asking. It's not like I'm not offering anything in return, it's an offer of time in return for temporary plexxing of my account. I certainly don'y mind paying back the borrowed isk once I could afford to either.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#5 - 2015-01-31 20:24:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Thomas Robertson wrote:

That being said, I can't see anything in the forum rules against asking. It's not like I'm not offering anything in return, it's an offer of time in return for temporary plexxing of my account. I certainly don'y mind paying back the borrowed isk once I could afford to either.

Well in that case you're looking for the Market Discussion subforum.

Edit: I'll apologize for the report in this case. o7
Haedonism Bot
People for the Ethical Treatment of Rogue Drones
#6 - 2015-01-31 20:34:06 UTC
Oh, I could think of some things for you to do. The question is, how far are you willing to go for your PLEX? If you are interested, send me a full non-expiring API key as a demonstration of good faith (and a means to audit your work) and I'll get you started.

TwistedTwistedTwisted

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!

Celine Sophia Maricadie
Tal-Cel Industry and Salvage LLC
#7 - 2015-01-31 20:34:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Celine Sophia Maricadie
Thomas Robertson wrote:

The sole reason for this is that I really would like to play Eve and simply do not have the money to pay for subscription at present.

Just a suggestion, get your priorities sorted out as far as your personal finances. If you can't afford to pay for your game time perhaps trying to use that time to play this game is better spent elsewhere. It doesn't take a lot to earn the few $$ you'd need, your personal situation to earn not withstanding (not trying to attack you on your situation, whatever it may be, and I don't care to know as it's none of my business). Wanting others to pay for your game-time is just lame. There are plenty of free-to-play sci-fi games out there (you get what you pay for, and you'll get hit with offers to start paying for those).

And I bet 1x PLEX that ISD will come and lock this thread for begging Blink.

Edit: Just to clarify, it's not lame to leverage others in-game to earn ISK so that you can PLEX your account time.
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#8 - 2015-01-31 20:45:45 UTC
HAHAHA

Just cause your other thread got closed for begging, doesn't mean this one will stay open long.

In before thread lock by ISD cause of begging.

p.s. Give me 1 good reason, why anybody would pay the sub of some random shrub?

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

J'Poll
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-01-31 20:46:43 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Thomas Robertson wrote:

So, you ask people to pay for your sub, and give nothing in return (or any factual proof you will ever return the money - p.s. your word means jack **** in EVE).

That is called....here it comes....begging.

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

J'Poll
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-01-31 20:49:54 UTC
Thomas Robertson wrote:

Then I would seriously start to rethink your choices in life, if you have time to play EVE, but can't afford 15 Euro / 15 Dollars a month for it.

Thomas Robertson
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2015-01-31 21:01:58 UTC
Haedonism Bot wrote:
Oh, I could think of some things for you to do. The question is, how far are you willing to go for your PLEX? If you are interested, send me a full non-expiring API key as a demonstration of good faith (and a means to audit your work) and I'll get you started.

TwistedTwistedTwisted

Hi there,

I think I'd be willing to go quite far to be honest; I don't have a great deal to lose. I'm about to send you the full API in-game. I would also add that, if you are not impressed with, or don't think I merit your time and money. When I do get enough to pay for my account, I really do not mind reimbursing you in full.

Thanks for your time regardless :)

Thomas
Thomas Robertson
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2015-01-31 21:13:07 UTC
Celine Sophia Maricadie wrote:
Thomas Robertson wrote:

Just a suggestion, get your priorities sorted out as far as your personal finances. If you can't afford to pay for your game time perhaps trying to use that time to play this game is better spent elsewhere. It doesn't take a lot to earn the few $$ you'd need, your personal situation to earn not withstanding (not trying to attack you on your situation, whatever it may be, and I don't care to know as it's none of my business). Wanting others to pay for your game-time is just lame. There are plenty of free-to-play sci-fi games out there (you get what you pay for, and you'll get hit with offers to start paying for those).

And I bet 1x PLEX that ISD will come and lock this thread for begging Blink.

Edit: Just to clarify, it's not lame to leverage others in-game to earn ISK so that you can PLEX your account time.

Hiya and thank you for the post.

Although I urge you not to assume to know the ins and outs of my life, you make a very valid point that I need to sort the priorities.

The amount for subscription is not any great amount in the grand scheme of things, however, since I can not even afford this amount at the moment, I thought I'd ask in a friendly manner if anyone would mind doing so in return for my work in-game. I don't believe this to be begging and fully intend to work in equivalent value to the PLEX borrowed.

Thank you for the reply.

Kind regards,

Thomas
Candi LeMew
Division 13
#13 - 2015-01-31 21:18:54 UTC
What're you going to do after your first month? Cut a deal with someone every single month, or spend all your eve time day in/day out grinding for enough ISK to get the next month's plex?

🍌

Remember... in Anoikis Bob Is Always Watching...

"I been kicked out of better homes than this" - Rick James

Orlacc
#14 - 2015-01-31 21:33:48 UTC
Just pitiful really.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Phig Neutron
Starbreaker and Sons
#15 - 2015-01-31 22:00:15 UTC
More likely to work: go ask your neighbors if you can mow their lawns or clean up their garages for $15. Then buy a PLEX. And you won't be obligated to be anyone's slave for the rest of the month.
Solonius Rex
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2015-01-31 22:03:16 UTC
Sounds like a scam, to me.

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#17 - 2015-01-31 22:08:07 UTC
Well at least in this thread we can agree on stuff and point&laugh at the OP.
Thomas Robertson
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2015-01-31 22:18:40 UTC
I really just wanted to see if anyone would be interested!

I just thought I'd ask on the off-chance that someone was interested as I thought it could be mutually beneficial.

Thanks for the suggestions though :)

Demolishar
United Aggression
#19 - 2015-01-31 22:41:09 UTC
Sell your 24M SP character on Bazaar for some ISK.
Thomas Robertson
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2015-01-31 23:10:31 UTC
Demolishar wrote:
Sell your 24M SP character on Bazaar for some ISK.

A very good suggestion, and one I'll definitely consider. Should it come to it, I could always do that.

Thank you :)
12Next page