These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

A bit behind the curve, but what is this?

Author
Allant Doran
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2015-01-29 16:47:01 UTC
Part of me wonders if that even IS a nebula behind the gate. It looks like it might just be an intense glow of the gate's own energy reflecting off a cloud of debris.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#22 - 2015-01-29 20:24:33 UTC
Allant Doran wrote:
Part of me wonders if that even IS a nebula behind the gate. It looks like it might just be an intense glow of the gate's own energy reflecting off a cloud of debris.

Its always the light from Venus reflecting off a cloud of swamp gas.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Evi Polevhia
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#23 - 2015-01-29 20:27:48 UTC
The Prophecy Trailer is essentially a things to come video. Hinting at both the unification of EVE, DUST/Legion, and Valkyrie, but also hinting at a future where player made stargates are a thing. A slowly growing theme behind EVE is that the players are gradually slipping beyond the control of CONCORD and the Empires.

Caroline's Star is not the same thing. I assume it is the result of a conflict between two of the following. (Sleepers, Jove, Sansha's Nation) I seriously doubt Caroline's Star has any direct connection to player made stargates. Exception being if the blast cracked open cosmic instabilities which made the new gates possible.
Allant Doran
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2015-01-29 20:36:35 UTC
Evi Polevhia wrote:
The Prophecy Trailer is essentially a things to come video. Hinting at both the unification of EVE, DUST/Legion, and Valkyrie, but also hinting at a future where player made stargates are a thing. A slowly growing theme behind EVE is that the players are gradually slipping beyond the control of CONCORD and the Empires.

Caroline's Star is not the same thing. I assume it is the result of a conflict between two of the following. (Sleepers, Jove, Sansha's Nation) I seriously doubt Caroline's Star has any direct connection to player made stargates. Exception being if the blast cracked open cosmic instabilities which made the new gates possible.

Funnily enough, a short while before you posted this, it did occur to me that the Prophecy trailer is a battle that actually hasn't happened yet. You're very much right, it is certainly a future vision of the moment the Capsuleers gained full control of their own power.

Exciting times ahead if CCP really do have the guts to introduce such a fundamental change to the EVE landscape.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#25 - 2015-01-30 23:32:49 UTC
Allant Doran wrote:
Exciting times ahead if CCP really do have the guts to introduce such a fundamental change to the EVE landscape.
+1

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Colette Kassia
Kassia Industrial Supply
#26 - 2015-01-31 08:19:19 UTC
"Ooooo... look at all that debris floating around at the end... I wonder how much I can make salvaging it."
j/k
Shin Jan
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2015-01-31 12:36:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Shin Jan
I may be wrong, but what this video described, is pretty much the same kind of scenario that happened when the EVE gate was opened : people thinking of a new future, others thinking they will be doomed, and hundreds of ships reduced to ashes (caused by the wormhole, but i don't know how exactly).
Gilan Isana
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#28 - 2015-01-31 14:00:29 UTC
Gateway to New, New Eden? New Eden^2?
Allant Doran
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2015-01-31 14:13:46 UTC
Shin Jan wrote:
I may be wrong, but what this video described, is pretty much the same kind of scenario that happened when the EVE gate was opened : people thinking of a new future, others thinking they will be doomed, and hundreds of ships reduced to ashes (caused by the wormhole, but i don't know how exactly).

Kinda makes you wonder if the original EVE-gate catastrophe was entirely natural after all, doesn't it ;)
Shin Jan
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2015-01-31 17:45:01 UTC
Allant Doran wrote:
Shin Jan wrote:

Kinda makes you wonder if the original EVE-gate catastrophe was entirely natural after all, doesn't it ;)

The Sanctuary (Sisters of Eve) may know the truth or half of it. Or they are still searching, but to me, scientfic research mixed with religious belief seems kind of fishy.
Allant Doran
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2015-01-31 17:53:48 UTC
Shin Jan wrote:
Allant Doran wrote:
Shin Jan wrote:

The Sanctuary (Sisters of Eve) may know the truth or half of it. Or they are still searching, but to me, scientfic research mixed with religious belief seems kind of fishy.

It's a system that tends to only look for the science that conforms to pre-disposed beliefs. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the engineers of the EVE-gate's collapse, assuming there is such an entity, come from OUR side and not the other.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#32 - 2015-02-01 00:37:21 UTC
Never, ever get your hopes up. Half the "cool stuff" shown to players never happens.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Allant Doran
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2015-02-01 00:39:15 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
Never, ever get your hopes up. Half the "cool stuff" shown to players never happens.

Yeah, I'm familar with a lot of that stuff. Still, it'll take more than CCP to squash my optimism for life's ''what if?'' scenarios :)
Previous page12