These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Make a replay when you die.

Author
Ichtys kuromitsu
Fit me I'm famous
#1 - 2015-01-31 10:29:34 UTC
What do you think to make a replay ( point for vaisseau (green / red)) with tactic display. (not too long)

It's would be cool to see some replay, for share your defeat and see what will i do for the next time.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#2 - 2015-01-31 12:26:00 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#3 - 2015-01-31 12:31:47 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
what?

battle recorder i.e. fraps.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#4 - 2015-01-31 13:50:16 UTC
This is a thing that a lot of CoD-style FPS games have, isn't it? There's a countdown timer before you're allowed to respawn and so there's no reason not to fill that timer with a replay.

In EVE there's no countdown timer and people want to get back into a ship and back into the fight as fast as they can.

Besides, a replay every time your ship is destroyed would quickly prove infuriating and a replay of your pod being destroyed wouldn't give you any useful info at all.
Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-01-31 14:05:42 UTC
Every single death in eve can be accredited to these three main parts:

80% "AWWW **** I SCREWED UP"
19.9% "Goddamn blobbers"
0.1% "I got outplayed, well done"
Ichtys kuromitsu
Fit me I'm famous
#6 - 2015-01-31 15:22:17 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:

19.9% "Goddamn blobbers"

Yeah ahah, to see my error i need to watch my problem ( for more accuracy). My battle was so fast.

An idea that goes through my head after a defeat . =p
Lugh Crow-Slave
#7 - 2015-01-31 15:58:25 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:

19.9% "Goddamn blobbers"

wrong 100% are i screwed up yeash take some responsibility
Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#8 - 2015-01-31 22:24:23 UTC
It would be awesome, but impossible. This is because the game cannot predict when you will die, or when you will limp away with 10% structure. This means that to record all the kills, the server would have to keep track of everything you did within lets say a 20 second window if you wanted a 20 second window.

I believe it was CCP Rise that stated he would like to do it, like for stuff they do for the alliance tournaments, however the sheer server power it would take to track everything on the scale seen outside of the alliance tournaments would be virtually possible.

As an example, think of what would happen to the servers when rooks and kings pipebombs a 200 man fleet and they all die within about 5 seconds of each other.

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.