These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Reduce mineral diversity

Author
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#61 - 2015-01-31 14:05:30 UTC
This thread left reality behind so long ago that I don't even know which fantasy land we're currently passing through.

Anyway, posting to confirm that I have made a profit doing ship and ammo production using nothing except the ingame notepad. I did no complicated math (being averse to detailed calculations as I am) so my profits could probably have been much bigger but the point is that I used nothing except ingame tools and did indeed see profits.

As it stands currently, I guarantee that I could have taken the same approach to T2 production and made a profit if I had the skills for T2 production.

Therefore, OP's entire point is totally invalid - you don't need to use out-of-game resources to be profitable in industry; you just need to use out-of-game resources to compete at the level of other people who do use them, which is a completely reasonable thing.
Shai'd Hulud
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2015-01-31 15:03:59 UTC
No thank's
Van Beyus
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2015-01-31 15:06:13 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
This thread left reality behind so long ago that I don't even know which fantasy land we're currently passing through.

Anyway, posting to confirm that I have made a profit doing ship and ammo production using nothing except the ingame notepad. I did no complicated math (being averse to detailed calculations as I am) so my profits could probably have been much bigger but the point is that I used nothing except ingame tools and did indeed see profits.

As it stands currently, I guarantee that I could have taken the same approach to T2 production and made a profit if I had the skills for T2 production.

Therefore, OP's entire point is totally invalid - you don't need to use out-of-game resources to be profitable in industry; you just need to use out-of-game resources to compete at the level of other people who do use them, which is a completely reasonable thing.

Sure you can get some profit now and then, but if you want to really play the market you will need more than a notepad.

I'm not online most of the time, but I won't change this signature when I do just to make your life easier.

Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
Citizen's Star Republic
#64 - 2015-01-31 21:51:36 UTC
Van Beyus wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:

Sure you can get some profit now and then, but if you want to really play the market you will need more than a notepad.

I totally disagree.....in fact i personally make some where near 6-7 billion isk with my eyes closed per month........and as my CEO learned.......i can produce 8-10 billion isk every 36 hours just with industry alone when i put my mind to it. No notepads, no spreadsheets, etc etc
Van Beyus
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#65 - 2015-01-31 21:55:13 UTC
Max Deveron wrote:
Van Beyus wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:

I totally disagree.....in fact i personally make some where near 6-7 billion isk with my eyes closed per month........and as my CEO learned.......i can produce 8-10 billion isk every 36 hours just with industry alone when i put my mind to it. No notepads, no spreadsheets, etc etc

I can also do a backflip while I juggle, but I don't have to prove it to you, because it's not relevant to the discussion, right?

I'm not online most of the time, but I won't change this signature when I do just to make your life easier.

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#66 - 2015-01-31 23:40:51 UTC
Van Beyus wrote:
I can also do a backflip while I juggle, but I don't have to prove it to you, because it's not relevant to the discussion, right?

Your entire thread has been torn to pieces and left to die, so this is how you act?
Van Beyus
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#67 - 2015-01-31 23:46:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Van Beyus
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Van Beyus wrote:

Your entire thread has been torn to pieces and left to die, so this is how you act?

I was just being sarcastic because the guy said he had profits of billions with his eyes closed.
But I honestly don't care much about this discussion anymore. I tought I made this clear with my logic essay.

Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#68 - 2015-02-01 00:01:45 UTC
Van Beyus wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Van Beyus wrote:

I was just being sarcastic because the guy said he had profits of billions with his eyes closed.
But I honestly don't care much about this discussion anymore. I tought I made this clear with my logic essay.

you made it clear you didnt give a **** when you posted this OP and the 2 others that were all equally terrible ideas
Van Beyus
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#69 - 2015-02-01 00:04:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Van Beyus
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
Van Beyus wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Van Beyus wrote:

you made it clear you didnt give a **** when you posted this OP and the 2 others that were all equally terrible ideas

People are entitled to their opinions, but if you have nothing to add to the discussion it's better that you simply do not post at all.
I will not respond to any posts on this thread anymore.