These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[HOLY COW] Sleepers, Jovians, and the 'Other'

First post First post
Author
Scuzzy Logic
Space Spuds
#441 - 2015-01-29 05:42:13 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
Sooo.....

How does Sansha fit into all of this?

Honestly, it wouldn't be too far fetched to expect Sansha to be TheOther masquerading as him to the True Slave collective...
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#442 - 2015-01-29 06:38:16 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
make new jove char, can't clone, perma death.. omg that would so own... I have a free spot.

Rise was talking about this at Vegas, or maybe it was Fozzie.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#443 - 2015-01-29 07:10:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Uh... guys.... that pic of the Jove from the Reddit page, the one with the sleeper drone....

The Jove never had black eyes before.

Those are the people you find in sleeper stations.

Templar One, page 93:

Quote:
Their eyes are completely black. No whites in them at all.

This bodes ill.

(Though possibly the old artists renditions of them simply failed to have fully black eyes the implication in Templar One is that..... oh spoiler alert.... sorry)

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#444 - 2015-01-29 08:20:26 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
This bodes ill.

They supposed to be dying race.
Looking like hive mind borg btw.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Anthar Thebess
#445 - 2015-01-29 09:39:24 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
This bodes ill.

They supposed to be dying race.
Looking like hive mind borg btw.

Maybe they are no longer dying.
They might solve their issues , and cleanse all not willing to change , or those who they could not help any more.

Recently in Stain people see new type of sansha citizens , maybe Sansha helped them out.
Lachesiss
Perkone
Caldari State
#446 - 2015-01-29 11:08:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Lachesiss
For years everyone even I have said,

Bring back the Jove. Make them come into our space again and make it so they shoot us and stuff and we can shoot them.

Ok so

Star blows up wiping out any existence of Jove Tech in that area.
Wormholes appear because of that and a new system is found that pretty much has no control.
Huge Beacons appear which in fact are Jovian and they have been watching us since time began but because there home system was alpha'd the beacons cloaking devices are failing.
Probably had a link with there home system which got popped.

Because there home system is now ours and the beacons are failing the Jove sent out new sleepers to identify our AI in how we are in modern times.
Ship types
Ship fits
Tactics.
weaknesses

Now they have what they need they can start adapting like the Jove do. Re-writing fits and rebuilding there ships to adjust to our weapons and defensive systems.

We all know that one of the Joves main tactics was infiltration and listening and watching to adapt to better than EvE has.

So basically we asked for it and now there coming.

However this time there not going to just sit there and laugh at us trying to blow there ships up.

This time there going to hit back Twisted

EDIT: Whilst typing this I have had 5 coffee's bitten all my nails and in sheer excitement of what is coming

PS Falcon you sneaky sneak saying they would never come back.

On the third day after your birth myself and my sister's will come to you and decide your fate.

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#447 - 2015-01-29 11:27:12 UTC
Lachesiss wrote:
So basically we asked for it and now there coming.

However this time there not going to just sit there and laugh at us trying to blow there ships up.

This time there going to hit back Twisted

Jovias are like star trek Vulcans but It's possible that there are some renegades like Romulans.
It seems like we are going to have jovians diaspora soon, their home systems are propably destroyed.
They will share technology with us and we'll build stargates to new systems.

Samsara Toldya
Academy of Contradictory Behaviour
#448 - 2015-01-29 14:32:27 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
They will share technology with us and we'll build stargates to new systems.

They do have an Academy of Aggressive Behaviour...
Maybe instead of sharing technology (they already did that, not sure if they are happy with the results) they'll enslave us...

There is a future... where miners and gankers mine Veldspar together to please our new masters...
The only open question is: Will Chribba be our foreman or their slaverhound?
Chea Panasty
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#449 - 2015-01-29 14:58:33 UTC
Havent read Templar One yet, but I've already ordered it and it's on it's way...so I stopped reading, but I've come at the mention of bacon
Luna Arindale
Caldari Independent Navy Reserve
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#450 - 2015-01-29 15:58:06 UTC
You know, in Templar one the main sleeper hub was built around a star using it for power. If the explosion of Caroline's star was co-located at the star, and sleepers have seemingly woken up. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that the sleepers are no longer sleeping.
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#451 - 2015-01-29 16:51:54 UTC
http://now.eveonline.com/post/109490798348/the-little-brother-makes-the-final-sorrowful

This quote confirms it- the sleepers are the "little brother"- I'll be sure to welcome them if I can.

Also, the integral insignia is on the top of this ship.
Allant Doran
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#452 - 2015-01-29 17:26:25 UTC
So the Sleeper's really were the Prophesied 'Little Brother'?

Somebody break out the rest of the Macaper Prophecy again. There must be more!
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#453 - 2015-01-29 18:15:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Jeremiah Saken
Samsara Toldya wrote:
Maybe instead of sharing technology (they already did that, not sure if they are happy with the results) they'll enslave us...

Possible, but i don't think they shared all their technology with us. You don't selling machine guns to the monkeys.
As writen in prophecy:
“the little brother makes the final sorrowful steps home; he is not welcome”
I think it's about Jovians not sleepers. Little brother as not so populous as we are.
Why "he's" not welcome?
Maybe because sleepers behaviour?
What happened in Jove empire? Was it attack? Natural dissaster like EvE gate collapsing but on smaller scale?
Something was imprisoned at now it's free? What will come with them?

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#454 - 2015-01-29 21:10:49 UTC
Allant Doran wrote:
So the Sleeper's really were the Prophesied 'Little Brother'?

Somebody break out the rest of the Macaper Prophecy again. There must be more!

i still think this line "“what was many now becomes one when one becomes four" Esentually will be when we have 4 levels of conciousness for 1 person.

i.e.

EVE
Legion
Valk
unknown.

But it could be the empires uniting as one.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#455 - 2015-01-29 22:42:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jeremiah Saken
Quote:
http://now.eveonline.com/post/109490798348/the-little-brother-makes-the-final-sorrowful

This ship has the claw logo.
DaReaper wrote:
"“what was many now becomes one when one becomes four" Esentually will be when we have 4 levels of conciousness for 1 person.

What about four ancient races? Talocan, Takhmal, Sleepers, Yan Jung?
Maybe it's not about splitting but merging. Jovians as remnants of the Four.

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#456 - 2015-01-29 23:03:36 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Quote:

This ship has the claw logo.
DaReaper wrote:
"“what was many now becomes one when one becomes four" Esentually will be when we have 4 levels of conciousness for 1 person.

What about four ancient races? Talocan, Takhmal, Sleepers, Yan Jung?
Maybe it's not about splitting but merging. Jovians as remnants of the Four.

The way I've seen that part of the prophecy:

Many become one (capsuleers unite as one) when one becomes four (CONCORD dissolves- it comes from the four empires)
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#457 - 2015-01-29 23:47:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Ned Thomas
So apparently the Drifter Battleships have an extra layer of shields that may or may not react differently to Polarized weapons......

EDIT: I haven't confirmed any bit of that sentence myself as I don't do anything on the test server.
Herzog Wolfhammer
#458 - 2015-01-29 23:49:47 UTC
Luna Arindale wrote:
You know, in Templar one the main sleeper hub was built around a star using it for power. If the explosion of Caroline's star was co-located at the star, and sleepers have seemingly woken up. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that the sleepers are no longer sleeping.

C'mon, say it.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Allant Doran
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#459 - 2015-01-29 23:49:59 UTC
Ned Thomas wrote:
So apparently the Drifter Battleships have an extra layer of shields that may or may not react differently to Polarized weapons......

Okay, now that IS cool.
Herzog Wolfhammer
#460 - 2015-01-30 00:04:38 UTC
Allant Doran wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:

Okay, now that IS cool.

I would figure that to be cool... but there's a part of my brain that envisions death bubble camps and entire fleets of drifters and further shutdown of everywhere but highsec.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!