These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

unfair advantage over others ingame.

First post
Author
Charadrass
Angry Germans
#1 - 2015-01-26 17:44:34 UTC
hi guys, hi ccp,

in order of the current ongoing nonsense i hereby ask ccp officially to ban every usage of teamspeak and other voice third Party Software.
it gives pilots an unfair Advantage over others.

please make the usage a banable offense asap.

i recommend also the usage of a warden program which is Monitoring all Services and programms a Pilot has currently running.
realtime decryption of all communication leaving the customer pc is also recommended, to avoid ingame Advantages over other Players.

you already planned that?
good Boys
Agent Unknown
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2015-01-26 17:46:38 UTC
Lol

Oh, threads like this never cease to amaze me...
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#3 - 2015-01-26 17:48:15 UTC
holy crap... give it a bloody rest.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#4 - 2015-01-26 17:48:25 UTC
lol wut?
Paranoid Loyd
#5 - 2015-01-26 17:48:53 UTC
Roll

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

David Therman
#6 - 2015-01-26 17:48:56 UTC
Roll

Never-mind that this is a complete nonsensical idea, you do know that people use TS and the like to socially engage, when the act of typing and reading words isn't enough?

IB4L
Hamar Halltyr
Nemesis Logistics
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2015-01-26 17:49:58 UTC
yes in the terms like the eula ist used at the moment this is the next step
Kaphrah
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2015-01-26 17:50:28 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
holy crap... give it a bloody rest.



he has a point tho...

technically multiple monitors also give you an advantage over others, when I was on my laptop I had no chance of multiboxing since the client had a minimum size, so I needed ISBoxer (ONCE) for window size management. what if someone has 4 1080p monitors? he is clearly superior to someone with 1 small screen.
ban multiscreens.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2015-01-26 17:50:44 UTC
Charadrass wrote:
hi guys, hi ccp,

in order of the current ongoing nonsense i hereby ask ccp officially to ban every usage of teamspeak and other voice third Party Software.
it gives pilots an unfair Advantage over others.

please make the usage a banable offense asap.

i recommend also the usage of a warden program which is Monitoring all Services and programms a Pilot has currently running.
realtime decryption of all communication leaving the customer pc is also recommended, to avoid ingame Advantages over other Players.

you already planned that?
good Boys


You should pop every incursion moms to make your point imo...
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-01-26 17:50:50 UTC
Really? There is a war on bots that may or may not have intrusive actions to see if the person is running bot software. If CCP was to starting monitoring my use of programs like Team Speak I would have to cancel and uninstall the game at the point.

EvE has built in voice comms. Most don't like it because of its low quality and inability to make sure the voice communications between players is secure.


Don't like other people using people Team Speak, then get over it.
Drizzd
Opera Gomera Liquidate 03
#11 - 2015-01-26 17:51:56 UTC
to bring it to a conclusion .. CCP please ban the EVE client ... it offers EVE VOiCE which gives a clear advantage over typing chats.... Roll

ROTFL
Kaaeliaa
Tyrannos Sunset
#12 - 2015-01-26 17:53:24 UTC
In before lock.

This **** is saltier than the Dead Sea.

"Do not lift the veil. Do not show the door. Do not split the dream."

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-01-26 17:54:00 UTC
Kaphrah wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
holy crap... give it a bloody rest.



he has a point tho...

technically multiple monitors also give you an advantage over others, when I was on my laptop I had no chance of multiboxing since the client had a minimum size, so I needed ISBoxer (ONCE) for window size management. what if someone has 4 1080p monitors? he is clearly superior to someone with 1 small screen.
ban multiscreens.


Ban all faster internet connections faster than the slowest connection to the game server also.
Airi Cho
Dark-Rising
Wrecking Machine.
#14 - 2015-01-26 17:54:33 UTC
I would always thing you are mad ... but i am not sure yet. watching.
Kaphrah
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2015-01-26 17:55:01 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Kaphrah wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
holy crap... give it a bloody rest.



he has a point tho...

technically multiple monitors also give you an advantage over others, when I was on my laptop I had no chance of multiboxing since the client had a minimum size, so I needed ISBoxer (ONCE) for window size management. what if someone has 4 1080p monitors? he is clearly superior to someone with 1 small screen.
ban multiscreens.


Ban all faster internet connections faster than the slowest connection to the game server also.



nah, just slow all others down to the slowest connection actually on grid, like fleetwarp.

oh fleetwarp was going to be removed... mhmmm
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2015-01-26 17:56:34 UTC
Drizzd wrote:
to bring it to a conclusion .. CCP please ban the EVE client ... it offers EVE VOiCE which gives a clear advantage over typing chats.... Roll

ROTFL


We should send direct server command to CCP in text format so they execute it in a fair* order.

*Determined by CCP
Angel T Hunter
Republic Military School
#17 - 2015-01-26 17:58:43 UTC
Charadrass wrote:
hi guys, hi ccp,

in order of the current ongoing nonsense i hereby ask ccp officially to ban every usage of teamspeak and other voice third Party Software.
it gives pilots an unfair Advantage over others.

please make the usage a banable offense asap.

i recommend also the usage of a warden program which is Monitoring all Services and programms a Pilot has currently running.
realtime decryption of all communication leaving the customer pc is also recommended, to avoid ingame Advantages over other Players.

you already planned that?
good Boys


Since there is a ingame voice program built into the game using ts or mumble is okay. your own fault if you dont want to use voice coms..

Solops Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2015-01-26 17:59:10 UTC
You Got My Vote.

Moving To Las Vegas Watch Me Play Poker! enter link description here

Sera Kor-Azor
Amarrian Mission of the Sacred Word
#19 - 2015-01-26 18:01:39 UTC
Skill points also seem to give some players an unfair advantage over others. Should these be banned as well?

"A manu dei e tet rimon" - I am the devoted hand of the divine God.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#20 - 2015-01-26 18:01:58 UTC
The OP is an idiot, but the people that replied to him are even bigger idiots.

Mr Epeen Cool
12Next page