These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

AUR / PLEX / ISK to ISK -> AUR -> PLEX

First post
Author
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#21 - 2015-01-25 17:35:13 UTC
To fill in a little detail on the NES and the launcher:

The Launcher starts Eve by starting it with a login token, rather than passing the username/password with it. It gets that token from login.eveonline.com

The NES requires Eve to have been started with the launcher, as it uses the login token to open it up. The NES is, basically, a frontend on a webservice which is authenticated by that token.

The idea is:
You can only buy Aurum. (from CCP and designated third parties). PLEX can no longer be bought directly for RL money.

You can buy things from the NES, with Aurum. These things can be, if desired, sold on the ISK market (this includes PLEX)

PLEX is no longer a value insertion point, as it is now.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Mag's
Azn Empire
#22 - 2015-01-25 17:46:40 UTC
So basically CCP wants to force me into buying Aurum?

This went well, when they wanted to force me into the CQ.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#23 - 2015-01-25 17:48:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
Itd also increase presentation to people and sales as a result. Like how some stores have the cashier in the back not the front of the store so u have to walk through the entire store before making a purchase so you can see and maybe impulse buy an item before you get there. Product placement is a HUGE part of driving sales.
When it comes to things, you can inform me once of your product. However, usually, I seek a product out when I need it and occasionally, when I have unilateral decision that I want it.

Any advertising that I actually remember, I boycott. I won't even tell people the brands that I boycott because that further advertises them. All I hope for is that they follow my method and advertising will one day be done in a more intelligent way without all false creation of demand. Here is a nice example of such a thing. The other example of that item involves a video that makes most people throw up when they see where it comes from and how it is treated. The supply that is constantly shipped to your house is the best because of regulations.

The only reason I redeemed any cosmetic things was to stop the darn redeem thing pestering me. That AUR junk will just gather moth balls.

How ludacris is it? We can't even visit each other's Captain's Quarters. Captain's Quarters is like Second Life's prettier but handicapped cousin.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-01-25 17:54:32 UTC
"No" says Ila, while wearing a shirt purchased in the NES.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
Just let it happen
#25 - 2015-01-25 17:55:41 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
To fill in a little detail on the NES and the launcher:

The Launcher starts Eve by starting it with a login token, rather than passing the username/password with it. It gets that token from login.eveonline.com

The NES requires Eve to have been started with the launcher, as it uses the login token to open it up. The NES is, basically, a frontend on a webservice which is authenticated by that token.

The idea is:
You can only buy Aurum. (from CCP and designated third parties). PLEX can no longer be bought directly for RL money.

You can buy things from the NES, with Aurum. These things can be, if desired, sold on the ISK market (this includes PLEX)

PLEX is no longer a value insertion point, as it is now.

One wonders if this was done, there is a reason for PLEX at all. Just get rid of them, convert existing ones to Aurum. Use the NES store to sell game time directly (Rather than PLEX) for yourself or someone else. Also, allow players to sell Aurum directly to each other.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Solops Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2015-01-25 18:39:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Solops Crendraven
AUR / PLEX / ISK to ISK The should Get Rid it Of it all together they are outdated Business Models we need a disruptive alternative where Players Truly Get There ROI And I dont really see How CCP can Continue to make Money this way in the next 20 years. And This Launcher Issue I have No clue what you talking about its as confusing as the AUR.I never Buy That.

Moving To Las Vegas Watch Me Play Poker! enter link description here

Guardian Stella
Distributed Denial of Service
#27 - 2015-01-25 20:41:39 UTC
CCP can't just get rid of the PLEX in the ISK / PLEX / AUR chain...

Its very easy to understand why Roll
Solops Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-01-25 20:51:28 UTC
Guardian Stella wrote:
CCP can't just get rid of the PLEX in the ISK / PLEX / AUR chain...

Its very easy to understand why Roll
Well at least maybe they will make some Money Selling T shirts with Bees on it.Blink

Moving To Las Vegas Watch Me Play Poker! enter link description here

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#29 - 2015-01-25 21:26:39 UTC
The NEX store has never worked for me, and I always use the launcher. Good thing I don't really care about it I guess.

I'm skeptical about moving PLEX into the NEX to be purchased with AUR. I worry it will further promote the idea of selling all the other junk on the market to convert $$$ to ISK instead of just using PLEX, causing the price of PLEX to rise. It was better, I think, when all the $$$ to ISK converters were competing over one market item, keeping PLEX cheap in ISK value. But I'm no economist maybe I'm wrong.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#30 - 2015-01-25 21:38:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcanis
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Either my EVE-Search Fu is not strong, this hasn't been raised yet or the search engine is not particularly good.
Quote:
The team is looking into removing buying PLEX directly and replacing it with buying AUR which can then be redeemed for a PLEX from the New Eden Store, reducing the current ISK/PLEX/AUR to simply ISK/AUR
I would rather not run the launcher.

Do you think that having AUR floating around in your account would tempt you into dressing up your barbie doll?

It absolutely makes sense to combine PLEX and AUR into a single currency. The great roadblock in the way of this sensible move was the massive Incarna giveaway. I infer from the notes you quoted that the very clever MCT mechanic has largely cleared that stockpile without costing CCP hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I hope CCP go right ahead with combining PLEX and AUR as soon as possible, and take the opportunity of adding more granular options for trading game time.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#31 - 2015-01-25 21:41:39 UTC
Mag's wrote:

"I'll happily give CCP money for this MT currency but I won't give them money for their other MT currency that does the same thing as well as other things too"

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Mag's
Azn Empire
#32 - 2015-01-25 21:43:52 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Mag's wrote:

"I'll happily give CCP money for this MT currency but I won't give them money for their other MT currency that does the same thing as well as other things too"
It's more about the thought of being forced into using NES tbh. Rather the the currency per se.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#33 - 2015-01-25 21:45:03 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Mag's wrote:

It's more about the thought of being forced into using NES tbh. Rather the the currency per se.

It will be an interesting test of your willpower to see if you can resist buying hats.

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Mag's
Azn Empire
#34 - 2015-01-25 21:46:51 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Mag's wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Mag's wrote:

It will be an interesting test of your willpower to see if you can resist buying hats.

It's the boots. I simply love slagwellies. Oops

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#35 - 2015-01-25 21:48:59 UTC
Yes I bet you do, you little strumpet!

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Mag's
Azn Empire
#36 - 2015-01-25 21:50:28 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Yes I bet you do, you little strumpet!
You want me, I can tell. P

Memphis Baas
#37 - 2015-01-25 22:12:10 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
You can only buy Aurum.

You can buy things from the NES, with Aurum. These things can be, if desired, sold on the ISK market (this includes PLEX).

CCP's income from PLEX (or the equivalent aurum) is going to drop significantly.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#38 - 2015-01-25 23:35:21 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
You can only buy Aurum.

You can buy things from the NES, with Aurum. These things can be, if desired, sold on the ISK market (this includes PLEX).

CCP's income from PLEX (or the equivalent aurum) is going to drop significantly.

Do you regularly buy PLEX from CCP?

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#39 - 2015-01-25 23:38:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
I fail to see the issue here. (yes, the launcher sucks, but the workaround is well known and widely used)

As for PLEX, they can do what they want. Eliminating the digital middleman isn't really all that bad if you ask me.

[edit: Wait, apparently only use of the launcher will let you use the PLEX system? Okay, that's not exactly great.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Lexia Nova
Aggrobears
Clouds Of War
#40 - 2015-01-25 23:43:13 UTC
Considering EVE has such a surprisingly strong and nice to use character creator I am disappointed that our characters, our actual avatars dont have any sort of meaningful interaction or gameplay.

As long as my character is basically just a picture, I cant really say that I have that much interest on customisation and virtual clobber related stuffs for my character.