These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

EveMon/EFT/Other program developers ‘in game’ allegiances?

First post
Author
Yourmoney Mywallet
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-01-23 09:52:18 UTC
Rowells wrote:
I have reason to believe that Chribba is the one actually control of all the third party API data and he is actually skynet.

This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
GsyBoy
Doomheim
#22 - 2015-01-23 10:39:54 UTC
Just to clarify the only concern I have is the connection made from my mains to my spais, so much training, rubbish skills, going through the starter missions, going for a roam in lowest maybe in a rookie ship or frig, salvaging level 1 and selling scrap, and making a unique story for the toon as would be expected would be wasted if a simple connection was made with the IP used by both toons or associated data in same version of eve on. This is the reason I have never used evemon for them.

You are right, no need for evemon really know about from planning and spais don't really need plans, was just wondering that's all.

https://www.twitch.tv/gsyboy

Serene Repose
#23 - 2015-01-23 18:38:33 UTC
Somebody's watchin' YOU.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#24 - 2015-01-23 19:03:09 UTC
GsyBoy wrote:
Just to clarify the only concern I have is the connection made from my mains to my spais, so much training, rubbish skills, going through the starter missions, going for a roam in lowest maybe in a rookie ship or frig, salvaging level 1 and selling scrap, and making a unique story for the toon as would be expected would be wasted if a simple connection was made with the IP used by both toons or associated data in same version of eve on. This is the reason I have never used evemon for them.

You are right, no need for evemon really know about from planning and spais don't really need plans, was just wondering that's all.


The only thing that could really "burn" you if used that way is if you derped and made an API for full account instead of a single character but then it's your won fault...
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#25 - 2015-01-24 00:05:02 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Serene Repose wrote:
Relevant.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#26 - 2015-01-24 06:40:28 UTC
That's the spy game. By your very existence you leave a trail. It can't be helped, but can it be hidden, obscured or otherwise chamouflaged? Just how good are you at the game, secret agent man? How much of it do you know that others might not...or, might? You take your chances.

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

McChicken Combo HalfMayo
The Happy Meal
#27 - 2015-01-24 07:31:30 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
So, they know what skills I have. EFT and EVEMON only require very very basic stuff like skills etc.

Good luck with that.


I can tell you 3 skills you have trained without even having your API:

Paranoia V
Advanced Paranoia IV
Tin Foil Hat Wearing V

It's not about API info of a specific character. It's about connecting your characters. If you want to setup an EVEMon skillplan for each character, you potentially run the risk of them collecting that data.

There are all our dominion

Gate camps: "Its like the lowsec watercooler, just with explosions and boose" - Ralph King-Griffin

Miomeifeng Alduin
Lithonauts Inc.
#28 - 2015-01-24 07:48:38 UTC
So: dont allow access to the internet for programs you suspect. (the basis of any internet security, just below: dont download programs you don't trust through your firewall.)
Sadario
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2015-01-24 07:56:27 UTC
Step 0: Learn Python (programming language).
Step 1: Fetch the source-code for Pyfa.
Step 2: Read it and find out exactly what it does with the API.
Step 3: Edit source if necessary.
Step 4: Compile software from source.
Step 5: Profit.

Alternatively, you could find other people who read the source, trust them and simply install the executable / compile from source.

Or, even better, once you complete step 0, learn the EVE API and write your own software.
Serene Repose
#30 - 2015-01-24 15:02:13 UTC
Sadario wrote:
Step 0: Learn Python (programming language).
Step 1: Fetch the source-code for Pyfa.
Step 2: Read it and find out exactly what it does with the API.
Step 3: Edit source if necessary.
Step 4: Compile software from source.
Step 5: Profit.

Alternatively, you could find other people who read the source, trust them and simply install the executable / compile from source.

Or, even better, once you complete step 0, learn the EVE API and write your own software.
Ask 'em what time it is, they tell you how to build a clock.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#31 - 2015-01-24 15:16:08 UTC
I'm being spied upon, therefor I am
Daimian Mercer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#32 - 2015-01-24 19:42:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Daimian Mercer
Tripwire doesn't store anyone's API key. Also when you register Tripwire recommends deleting the API key you used.
http://puu.sh/eYaN1/d2891dddd7.jpg

I am considering adding a check that after successful registration that you are not allowed to log in until the API key you used is deleted.

Creator of Tripwire mapping tool - EVE-O thread

Twitter | daimian.mercer@gmail.com

Solops Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2015-01-24 19:51:18 UTC
GsyBoy wrote:
As per the title, was just wondering who the eve ‘in game’ parties were that would have access to my API information if I was to put my spai/developing spai accounts into the same version of the program as my mains or on different devices from the same IP address?

Don’t think I am being tooooo tin foil hatish :-s
I dont Know However I ant given My API Info out To No One.Its bad Enough
Crowd Control Productions has my Account Info.

Moving To Las Vegas Watch Me Play Poker! enter link description here

Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#34 - 2015-01-24 20:49:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Primary This Rifter
If you're THAT paranoid you could just set firewall rules to prevent those programs from connecting to anyone except CCP.

Not that it would help much. I'm sure digi knows what shirt you're wearing right now.
Serene Repose
#35 - 2015-01-24 23:43:00 UTC
Solops Crendraven wrote:
GsyBoy wrote:
As per the title, was just wondering who the eve ‘in game’ parties were that would have access to my API information if I was to put my spai/developing spai accounts into the same version of the program as my mains or on different devices from the same IP address?

Don’t think I am being tooooo tin foil hatish :-s
I dont Know However I ant given My API Info out To No One.Its bad Enough
Crowd Control Productions has my Account Info.
You might want to just go ahead and wrap your keyboard and hard drive with duct tape, after unplugging them from anything and everything. Only way to be sure...aside from nuking from orbit.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Solops Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2015-01-24 23:43:24 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:

Classic! Good Song.

Moving To Las Vegas Watch Me Play Poker! enter link description here

Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2015-01-25 17:41:27 UTC
If someone goes to that much trouble to collect info, they probably deserve the intelligence. Just don't hand them a full API key.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Solops Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2015-01-25 18:25:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Solops Crendraven
Regardless I wont use it Eve Mon EFT/Other Programs or 3 party If I Have To Give Out API.We Can debate this Forever I still will not change my Mind.Note: I used too not no more

Moving To Las Vegas Watch Me Play Poker! enter link description here

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#39 - 2015-01-25 20:14:54 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it.

The Rules:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Solops Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2015-01-25 20:26:54 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it.

The Rules:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.
Thank You I do Respect What ISD Is Doing even if we differ on Issues at least you are keeping forums Civil.

Moving To Las Vegas Watch Me Play Poker! enter link description here

Previous page12