These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Unscannable C3 Fleet

Author
Nyheter
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-01-19 23:57:36 UTC
Im just curious, Do you think this will work?

since Combat recons are immune to dscan, i tried making an "ungankable" c3 Fleet.

[Huginn, C3 PEW]

Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Capacitor Power Relay II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
10MN Afterburner II

650mm Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
Pithum A-Type Medium Remote Shield Booster

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hammerhead II x4

This is what i came up with. According to EVE SURVIVAL, you need to be able to tank atleast 600 dps if not more.
If a fleet of 4-5 of these Come do the site, they can spider tank pretty easily,
With links they have pretty good EHP (about 27k)

and with 2 implants they are cap stable

now dps is an issue, its hard to find a recon that does dps without depending on drones

each Huginn does 341 dps with no drones

now obviously i know there are better ways to do this, but i feel like this would make people feel safe, while still making isk

DISCUSS; GO
Nox52
Pterygopalatine
#2 - 2015-01-20 00:33:21 UTC
Hit dscan - notice wrecks
Fiddle dscan to get approximate location.
Drop combats - two passes if youre lazy, get warp in, pull probes.
Give warp to t3/hac/logi/hic/dictor/potatotes.

Your fleet is too expensive, crap tank and pathetic dps and application. C3 income split 5 ways is rather bad.

Drop two RR domis with 1200 dps and better application and go to town. Better dps, better application cheaper and better tank. Or a t3.

Or hell provide Jsig and route, need some Fed Navy webs.
Marsan
#3 - 2015-01-20 03:18:27 UTC
It certainly will lead some people to believe you just POSed up. So some people will just give up. Most corps however will at least try to find your POS and ships to try and determine if you are just pausing or continuing. It's not going to take them long to realize that the number of wrecks on dscan is increasing. You still are at risk from combat probes unless the system you are in very small. Most systems I can simply find a place to drop my probes, and position them outside of dscan range. At that point I'll see a cluster of ships away from a POS.

All and all you are better off just using a normal fleet, watching for new wormhole sigs, and positioning alts on known holes with the sound turned up.

Former forum cheerleader CCP, now just a grumpy small portion of the community.

Gunz blazing Ronuken
Insane's Asylum
#4 - 2015-01-20 09:22:11 UTC
Its a creative idea but its gonna be too slow for sleeper melting like the others said.
Perhaps you could mix and match between the odd recon and some battleships , t3 cruisers. Idea
Icarus Able
Refuse.Resist
#5 - 2015-01-20 13:22:30 UTC
Not worth the effort. You are gonna lose more ships than its worth it to sites.
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-01-20 13:51:54 UTC
safer pve wasn't the point of the recon change...stop trying
Nitrah
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#7 - 2015-01-20 14:40:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Nitrah
D-scan. Four wrecks on scan, no ships.

Hrm. Gank maybe? Checks eve kill.

D-scan. Six wrecks on scan. Smirk. On comms: siterunning recons in space.

D-scan anomalies. Find wrecks. Warp in. Reposition. Call in cavalry. Dead "ungankable" recons.
MooMooDachshundCow
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-01-20 15:12:24 UTC
Yeah, this idea's bad, but one way to make it better would maybe be an in-site salvager. Then you could stay down to 1-2 wrecks at a time and maybe make it a bit harder to dscan if your salvager is good and keeps it clean. Other than that, this system fails as soon as you blap your first rat, as mentioned.

You're better off bringing a poweful DPS capable non-recon fleet and just dropping a scan inhib if you're paranoid. Still kinda dumb and not gonna help much except if you're in a signature, but it much better than this other idea.

Yeah, well, it's just like my opinion, man.

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#9 - 2015-01-20 15:20:38 UTC
This would probably be more viable in null - where there is a station.

1. Since I can't dock in your statrion, I can't tell if you're in space or not.
2. Some of the popular ratting systems have so many wrecks I wouldn't bother noticing or trying to pinpoint the 2 new ones.
3. Having tittybaby local to alert you to new players in the system will allow safe warp out way before any d-scan decto work bears fruit.

It doesn't really add much safety to running sleeper sites.

1. It would be great for running the pirate faction data/relic sites, but who wants to hack in a recon (yuck).
2. It would be great for gassing/mining in a site already cleared of sleepers (w/ crap cargo and abilities - triple yuck)

PRO TIP: D-scan immunity is a tool for wh hunting and inefficient tittybabynullbear super safety pve risk aversion
Ghenghis Kralj
Big Johnson's
#10 - 2015-01-20 15:35:53 UTC
I won't be as harsh as everybody else. I like the effort to use the new, more powerful recons. But as somebody pointed out, changing number of wrecks would be a giveaway. Also, we have started sweeping system with combats when nothing is on dscan just in case. Nothing yet other than free drones. Thanks NOHO!!
HTC NecoSino
Suddenly Carebears
#11 - 2015-01-20 18:18:56 UTC
This is a great idea! You should definitely pioneer this idea and get out as often as you can, preferably around 9PM EST in C3 wormholes. You'll make soooo much isk and be safe from dscan! Genius!!!!!