These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I am an alt...

First post
Author
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2015-01-17 01:00:41 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
I'm fairly certain I'm an alt of Ned Thomas.

Wait.. weren't you accused of being my alt not too long ago? Learn your place before I deactivate the account you're on!

I cant risk another character of mine running amok. Last time it cost me like 2bil ISK in court cost over a paternity case..

Actually I think you told me I AM your alt and you made such a compelling case that I've been unsure ever since.
Dradis Aulmais
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2015-01-17 01:00:45 UTC
There is only one main and his name is Ezwal.

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#23 - 2015-01-17 01:09:59 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
"snarky" I like that word. It's one of those very accurate words. I'm not even sure it's a real word!

*Wanders aimlessly away mourning the fate of humanity.*

Snarky

*puts fingers in his ears, repeating la la la over and over in his best operatic contralto *

Mr Epeen Cool
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#24 - 2015-01-17 01:10:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Unezka Turigahl
I'm up to 8 characters now. Not sure any of them are alts. Or maybe all of them are. But this is pretty much my forums shiptoasting alt.
dark heartt
#25 - 2015-01-17 01:26:32 UTC
This is my alt, but I use it more than my main these days.
Ertur Adestur
Hek Xplo Ltd
#26 - 2015-01-17 01:54:42 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Like "alt". Alt isn't a real word either.

Alt is a German word, meaning "old". It's also a Scandinavian word, meaning "everything".

As for me? Too many.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#27 - 2015-01-17 01:58:52 UTC

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Serene Repose
#28 - 2015-01-17 02:55:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Mr Epeen wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:
"snarky" I like that word. It's one of those very accurate words. I'm not even sure it's a real word!

*Wanders aimlessly away mourning the fate of humanity.*

Snarky

*puts fingers in his ears, repeating la la la over and over in his best operatic contralto *

Mr Epeen Cool

snarky(adj.) "irritable, short-tempered," 1906, from snark(v.) "to find fault with, nag" (1882), literally "to snort" (1866), from an imitative source akin to Low German snarken, North Frisian snarke, Swedish snarka; and compare snarl (v.2), sneer (v.) Back-formation snark (n.) "caustic, opinionated, and critical rhetoric" is from c.2002 (compare snark [n.]) Related: Snarkily; snarkiness.

Nothing like etymology. Cool I hearken unto snarkiness.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#29 - 2015-01-17 04:18:27 UTC
If my main is an alt, of a main that became an alt because of the alt becoming the main, who am I?

a guy who owns a titan

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#30 - 2015-01-17 04:37:08 UTC
Agata Matahari wrote:
How many alts do you have?

Twenty something.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#31 - 2015-01-17 05:04:38 UTC
I am not allowed to name them, as currently both of them are holding my fedo at gunpoint and demanding I not do so...
Strangely the fedo looks like it hopes they'll shoot.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2015-01-18 03:39:47 UTC
Ashiri Hareka
Paper Cats
#33 - 2015-01-18 03:53:44 UTC
If my main is an alt, of a main that became an alt because of the alt becoming the main, who am I?

As confused as I am. Is the main the original character of the original account, the character with the most SP, or the character played most often?

Times like this, something needs blowing up... like my alt who's become my main Evil
Serene Repose
#34 - 2015-01-18 04:04:46 UTC
Ashiri Hareka wrote:

As confused as I am. Is the main the original character of the original account, the character with the most SP, or the character played most often?
Times like this, something needs blowing up... like my alt who's become my main Evil
They don't really know what a "main" is, so they don't have a clue what an "alt" is. They think they're supposed to know, since these children who grew up on computers think they've been inventing a language and reality all along and they're oh so cool for it. But, if you put their feet to the fire, which is something I enjoy doing, you'll get a different answer from each person.

Calling things "mains" and "alts" comes down to which is required to make a witty comeback involving a snide putdown. In the end (at the end of the day) when it's all said and done....(and any other timeworn phrase or cliché that fits) it's all taurus excretia.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Badel Jramodarr
#35 - 2015-01-18 04:05:26 UTC
Hello capsuleers...

Take a look at your alt
Now back to me
Now back at your alt
Now back to me
Sadly, it isn't me
I'm on a main.
Cool
Soul Crusher
Cartman's Big Wheel Deputies
#36 - 2015-01-18 06:38:27 UTC
Soul Crusher is an Alt of an old character that I let a buddy sell for isk to some guy in Russia.

Now he's an alt of my main The Huth. Although I just got him a nice warm cozy home of his own. Gonna move him to his own account tomorrow.
Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#37 - 2015-01-18 11:05:07 UTC
I have multiple accounts and all started as "alts" for my main character. In time they diverged into their own specialty. This is a subcap PvP character for example. You see "me", I'm probably trying to kill you in a subcap.

These days, the character I use depends on the ship I'm gonna use. So I no longer have alts really.
Jadek Kin
Incorruptibles
#38 - 2015-01-18 18:36:47 UTC
I have 64 free alts on my Dust side accounts...so when it comes to EVE, I have less than that amount. Lol
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#39 - 2015-01-18 22:50:53 UTC
My main is the character I'm logged in for most of the time in a given period of time.

Mara is the only character I post on the forums with.

Remove standings and insurance.

Hengle Teron
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#40 - 2015-01-18 22:51:02 UTC
Badel Jramodarr wrote:
Hello capsuleers...

Take a look at your alt
Now back to me
Now back at your alt
Now back to me
Sadly, it isn't me