These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Salvage ninja´s, profitability?

Author
RJBlues
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2011-12-19 16:53:10 UTC
Hey, I am a lvl 4 missioneer.

I have noticed a lot of ninja salvagers jumping into my missions. I dont salvage much myself except the more profitable salvage missions (Lots of BS´s, yum). What makes those ninja salvagers keep at it? Where is the profit from salvaging a few ships from a missioneer?

Just wondering what makes them tick :)
OllieNorth
Recidivists Incorporated
#2 - 2011-12-19 16:57:01 UTC
Some people will ransom mission objective items. Either that or they are just trying to goad the mission runner to agress in their blinged-out mission ship so their corpmates can come gank them.

The third option is that it is some nubly mcnoob who is low on cash.
Orlacc
#3 - 2011-12-19 18:07:11 UTC
For newer capsuleers, it pays better than missioning.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2011-12-19 19:43:41 UTC
RJBlues wrote:

It used to be a very lucrative activity. These days your guess is as good as mine.

But as already mentioned, if they snag your mission objective it's at least a 10mil item to them and to you if you really want to finish the mission. Don't make the mistake of not dealing with them if you must complete the mission. They'll just as easily get what they're asking via a contract. At least it used to work that way for me. ;)

There are also a few price items like arbalest heavy missile launcher that drops in specific missions and a good ninja know's this. When I say ninja I mean ninja looter. He'll salvage and loot your mission sites.

For me it was a fun activity finding the sites, popping in to see what was available. It was such a profitable venture back in the day for me being a low skilled player. And it was a challenge to find way to make it more profitable either via skills, equipment or technique.

There was also the risk factor because I was a looter and I would loot all your large wrecks and salvage them too. Getting caught doing it and then being chased was exciting. Having small corps round up a posse to chase you around a system while they had aggro on you......fun! Russians were the best. They would waste their time trying to catch me in the room behind them looting their stuff. But they never did. Then there were the noobs who would actually try to shoot me just for salvaging their loot. Watching them getting concorded was a blast. And then there were the tears. Missioner carebear tears are the best tears.

Back then, there wasn't a noctis. The cormorant was the king of salvage. And I would sit right on top of that cormorant salvaging and looting the wrecks faster than the missioner as he tractored them in ;) It wasn't that I had to do that. My little frigate was faster at salvaging than the cormorant. But it was the complete and utter demoralization of the missioner. Sometimes, they'd just leave the site and the wrecks when they realized it was hopeless.

But these days....nah, no real reason to be a ninja.

Don't ban me, bro!

Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2011-12-19 19:48:45 UTC
I was trying to do this over the weekend but could not find any high mission players in my area running missions. It was either to try this or do my level 1 and level 2 missions and make about 50K isk a run. I'd rather not play at all and watch tv then run missions for just 50K isk
Riedle
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2011-12-19 20:23:54 UTC
OllieNorth wrote:
Some people will ransom mission objective items. Either that or they are just trying to goad the mission runner to agress in their blinged-out mission ship so their corpmates can come gank them.

The third option is that it is some nubly mcnoob who is low on cash.

You don't understand aggression mechanics do you?
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#7 - 2011-12-19 20:37:50 UTC
RJBlues wrote:

I have noticed a lot of ninja salvagers jumping into my missions. I dont salvage much myself except the more profitable salvage missions (Lots of BS´s, yum). What makes those ninja salvagers keep at it? Where is the profit from salvaging a few ships from a missioneer?

30 million Interstellar Tear Kredits per hour.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

RJBlues
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2011-12-19 21:20:37 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
RJBlues wrote:

30 million Interstellar Tear Kredits per hour.

Great rates!