These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rorqual How to Guide?

Author
Nice Rocks
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#1 - 2011-12-18 10:19:10 UTC
So we just had our Rorqual float off the assembly line, and now I have a few questions on how to use it.

I have the Industrial core fit to the ship - I am trying to figure out where to put all the ore in relation to the compression BPO's to get as much done at a time.

Does the ship know to pull ore from the cargohold, Corp hanger, and ore hold? Or does it only pull for one.

The fuel bay is only 10k, seems kind of small?

Any quick guides on how to use this thing would be appreciated.
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-12-18 12:52:04 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
As a Rorq pilot myself

Your BPOs for compression can fetch ores from the following 2 cargobays:

- Cargo Hold
- Corp Cargo hold

There is no way to compress ores in the ore hold directly.

On the fuels, you can put Industrial Core fuels into your main hangar. The fuel bay is only really needed to stash your jump fuels.

EDIT: From my point of view, if you really need a guide on how to run Rorqs which is quite similar to an Orca + compression runs, you aren't really ready to use it. But then again, that is my personal point of view

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Nice Rocks
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#3 - 2011-12-18 21:53:10 UTC
I can run an Orca just fine. An Orca lacks the Industrial Core, Compression blueprints and the like. I am just trying to figure out how to use that part of it.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#4 - 2011-12-18 21:59:44 UTC
I would suggest spending a few hours on Sisi testing it out. It'll be much more educational to be able to see it than to have someone explain it to you in words.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#5 - 2011-12-18 22:31:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Keep the compression BPO in a corp hangar. This lets you do a filter to only show the relevant ones. You want 4 of each, which is a lot of BPO to sort through otherwise. Do one type of ore at a time. Right-click the BPO to start a job.

Ore must be in your cargohold. This limits how many runs you can do. Best to park next to an array filled with ore. You can put compressed ore/ice into the ore hold.

Look at the last tab of S & I for settings:
* Input/Output Settings: Defined by user or defined by blueprint location.

Watch the S & I jobs tab to see when the job completes.
TheBlueMonkey
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-12-19 16:29:22 UTC
I thought people just deployed these at a dikstar pos and lived off the fleet bonuses