These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: CSM 9 - The Year In Review

First post First post First post
Author
Mr Omniblivion
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2015-01-15 17:14:28 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
@Sion -

The reason why CCP is hesitant in having the CSM in the loop on major changes is because it has become very apparent to them and even the player base - there is some loose lips on the CSM. it is no secret that some CSM members are there to gain insight on upcoming changes so they and their constituents can gain an advantage. We need CSM members who are there for the entire player base and the health of the game. Not just them and theirs.

Until this changes, don't be surprised with the short notices on upcoming changes.


Have something you want to tell us?

If so, be a responsible adult and send us an email to internalaffairs@ccpgames.com instead of crowing about it on the forums.

If not, feel free to take your completely unsubstantiated rumors somewhere else, most likely to a third party bittervet forum for further discussion and conspiracy theory-crafting.

We have rules against rumor mongering and ranting here, fyi.



Goddamn, you're my CCP hero.
Hendrick Tallardar
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.
#42 - 2015-01-15 17:25:26 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
@Sion -

The reason why CCP is hesitant in having the CSM in the loop on major changes is because it has become very apparent to them and even the player base - there is some loose lips on the CSM. it is no secret that some CSM members are there to gain insight on upcoming changes so they and their constituents can gain an advantage. We need CSM members who are there for the entire player base and the health of the game. Not just them and theirs.

Until this changes, don't be surprised with the short notices on upcoming changes.


Have something you want to tell us?

If so, be a responsible adult and send us an email to internalaffairs@ccpgames.com instead of crowing about it on the forums.

If not, feel free to take your completely unsubstantiated rumors somewhere else, most likely to a third party bittervet forum for further discussion and conspiracy theory-crafting.

We have rules against rumor mongering and ranting here, fyi.



This seems appropriate - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOYJhax5ssI
Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
Goonswarm Federation
#43 - 2015-01-15 17:29:39 UTC
Hendrick Tallardar wrote:

more like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_wEs9x7G3w
Alundil
Rolled Out
#44 - 2015-01-15 18:43:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Alundil
Aryndel Vyst wrote:
Remember that one time you were really mad at goons and leaked TMC logs on failheap? But hey it's not loose lips unless it's attacking those dirty, rotten Goons though right?

I don't think it's appropriate to make your argument regarding loose lips, when there are situations that you have found yourself guilty of the same acts. It's hypocritical, and degrades your argument.

It's equally funny/hypocritical to hear about "dirty so and so leaked logs " when that complaint is lobbed from the "Home of Digi". Never afraid to leak things, even including things with personal info.

Something, something cleaning your own house first something something

...ah the hypocrisy, SMH

I'm right behind you

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#45 - 2015-01-15 19:53:44 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
@Sion -

The reason why CCP is hesitant in having the CSM in the loop on major changes is because it has become very apparent to them and even the player base - there is some loose lips on the CSM. it is no secret that some CSM members are there to gain insight on upcoming changes so they and their constituents can gain an advantage. We need CSM members who are there for the entire player base and the health of the game. Not just them and theirs.

Until this changes, don't be surprised with the short notices on upcoming changes.


Have something you want to tell us?

If so, be a responsible adult and send us an email to internalaffairs@ccpgames.com instead of crowing about it on the forums.

If not, feel free to take your completely unsubstantiated rumors somewhere else, most likely to a third party bittervet forum for further discussion and conspiracy theory-crafting.

We have rules against rumor mongering and ranting here, fyi.


Ah you are right. I'll send the information I have and point out why it is obvious at least one CSM member is sharing information they shouldn't be. In the mean time I'll stop rocking the boat for you.
Katrina Bekers
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#46 - 2015-01-15 21:49:30 UTC
And yet not a single grateful word on Dolan and Xhagen, and their legacy - on top of which everything was built.

A bit sad.

The show must go on.

<< THE RABBLE BRIGADE >>

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2015-01-15 22:06:15 UTC
Katrina Bekers wrote:
And yet not a single grateful word on Dolan and Xhagen, and their legacy - on top of which everything was built.

A bit sad.

The show must go on.


We were asked about what went on this year.

We also did not mention previous CSM people, many of whom helped the CSM grow and become what it is today. If you want a historical look at the CSM that could be done but that is not what this post was about.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Nolak Ataru
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2015-01-15 22:39:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Nolak Ataru
Hey corebloodbrothers, what first-hand experience do you have with ISBoxer? Have you talked to any ISBoxers, smacktalk and crying in local nonwithstanding? Did you even attempt to integrate anti-bomber ships into your fleet doctrines, including defensive DIC/HICs?

e: And Falcon, you're one to talk about acting like an adult after refusing to discuss this with the ISBoxer community before Jan1.
Lolmer
Merciless Reckoning
#49 - 2015-01-15 23:38:58 UTC
Nolak Ataru wrote:
Hey corebloodbrothers, what first-hand experience do you have with ISBoxer? Have you talked to any ISBoxers, smacktalk and crying in local nonwithstanding? Did you even attempt to integrate anti-bomber ships into your fleet doctrines, including defensive DIC/HICs?

e: And Falcon, you're one to talk about acting like an adult after refusing to discuss this with the ISBoxer community before Jan1.


-1

Here is an example of why we want a "Dislike" button. :)
Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#50 - 2015-01-16 00:58:40 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
@Sion -

The reason why CCP is hesitant in having the CSM in the loop on major changes is because it has become very apparent to them and even the player base - there is some loose lips on the CSM. it is no secret that some CSM members are there to gain insight on upcoming changes so they and their constituents can gain an advantage. We need CSM members who are there for the entire player base and the health of the game. Not just them and theirs.

Until this changes, don't be surprised with the short notices on upcoming changes.


Have something you want to tell us?

If so, be a responsible adult and send us an email to internalaffairs@ccpgames.com instead of crowing about it on the forums.

If not, feel free to take your completely unsubstantiated rumors somewhere else, most likely to a third party bittervet forum for further discussion and conspiracy theory-crafting.

We have rules against rumor mongering and ranting here, fyi.




mr. falcon if someone were to post the past csm scandals it would only get blotted out cause you know you don't want the bad stuff out there. so to speak honestly about it would get completely censored.. both you and I and everyone knows it. your response was proper but also has a sting of guilt associated with it.

im for a complete new CSM where they're not used as test mice or puppets and look to provide better for all of the game not just certain parts (cough cough null sec).. which seems to be the entirety of it lately only about null sec and the rest is blah..

I hope ccp can do a great job in retaining new players and expand and make the game balance and fair for all.. oops I said a bad word fair.. fair play is good right?? then rid the game of its issues and move onward into the future!

good day to you falcon spread your wings or cloak up and dodge the trolls mate o7
Nolak Ataru
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2015-01-16 02:53:13 UTC
Lolmer wrote:
Nolak Ataru wrote:
Hey corebloodbrothers, what first-hand experience do you have with ISBoxer? Have you talked to any ISBoxers, smacktalk and crying in local nonwithstanding? Did you even attempt to integrate anti-bomber ships into your fleet doctrines, including defensive DIC/HICs?

e: And Falcon, you're one to talk about acting like an adult after refusing to discuss this with the ISBoxer community before Jan1.

-1
Here is an example of why we want a "Dislike" button. :)

Why, because I want to know whether or not a CSM has experience with something he vehemently attempted to remove from the game? Because I wanted to hold him to a higher standard than a scammer in Jita local? When CCP was changing the wormhole mechanics regarding spawn distance vs mass, we saw everyone and their mother who had not stepped foot inside a wormhole attempt to dictate changes to the wormhole community. (BTW Fozzie, where are those graphs you promised us?). Thankfully, they were ridiculed as they should be. If holding a CSM member to a higher standard than those... people... is a bad thing, then what's the point of a CSM?
Montgomery Black
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2015-01-16 02:54:23 UTC
shout out to Corebexx

The work you, the other wormhole reps and CCP did this year have made wormhole space a better place.

The buffs to income in low class wormholes has had great benefits for activity in those wormhole classes.

For me I now have more targets to shoot at. For PVE people there is now more income and a reason to live in low class holes.

The Addition of faction Relic and Data sites to Wormhole space has seen many new players coming into wormhole space in their herons and asteros. Before new players generally avoided wormholes.

anyway.. good job


WH Merc Services in AU TZ. Citadel defense / offense. More details see forum post - Link

CCP Leeloo
C C P
C C P Alliance
#53 - 2015-01-16 12:11:50 UTC
Milla Goodpussy wrote:

so to speak honestly about it would get completely censored..

I will repeat, in case you missed:
CCP Falcon wrote:
send us an email to internalaffairs@ccpgames.cominstead of crowing about it on the forums.

CCP Leeloo | Community Developer | @ccp_leeloo | leeloo@ccpgames.com

Aiyshimin
Descendant Command
#54 - 2015-01-16 13:14:41 UTC
Nolak Ataru wrote:
Hey corebloodbrothers, what first-hand experience do you have with ISBoxer? Have you talked to any ISBoxers, smacktalk and crying in local nonwithstanding? Did you even attempt to integrate anti-bomber ships into your fleet doctrines, including defensive DIC/HICs?

e: And Falcon, you're one to talk about acting like an adult after refusing to discuss this with the ISBoxer community before Jan1.


Nobody negotiated with the macro miner "community" when they were banned
Nobody negotiated with RMT "community" when they were banned
Nobody negotiated with ISBotter "community" when replication was banned

If it's bad for the game, it is and you happened to be part of the problem, when ban was the solution. Deal with it.
XeX Znndstrup
#55 - 2015-01-16 14:17:39 UTC  |  Edited by: XeX Znndstrup
Stop to cry like children !

Whatever you would be proposed, it would be bad.

Do you know a lot of game companies proposing to vote for a customers council ?
Do you know a lot of game companies paying for summits so that this council may express our opinion ?
Did you read a little the numerous threads where CCP asks for our opinion about changes ?
Do you understand that it's not always possible to build and change everything for budget or conception reasons ?

You want to propose changes for CSM ?
Open a thread and let's talk.

I didn't ask a lot to CSM members.
But when i did, they answered (thanks Mike).
They do this on their game time. The minimum is to respect their work. Thanks.

About what i read in the blog : candidates should do like coreblood. Try to introduce yourself in your real life also. It's a good way to see how mature you could be to take in fact a real life position as CSM member. To be a hardcore gamer isn't the only best reason.

Judge of The Law Organization and President of Stellar Order.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light". John Milton, Lost Paradise.

@ /// f

Laura Gosh
Perkone
Caldari State
#56 - 2015-01-16 14:27:40 UTC
XeX Znndstrup wrote:
Stop to cry like children !

Whatever you would be proposed, it would be bad.

Do you know a lot of game company proposing to vote for a customers council ?
Do you know a lot of game company paying for summits so that this council may express our opinion ?
Did you read a little the numerous threads where CCP ask for our opinion about changes ?
Do you understand that it's not always possible to build and change everything for budget or conception reasons ?

You want to propose changes for CSM ?
Open a thread and let's talk.

I didn't ask a lot to CSM members.
But when i did, they answered (thanks Mike).
They do this on their game time. The minimum is to respect their work. Thanks.

About what i read in the blog : candidates should do like coreblood. Try to introduce yourself in your real life also. It's a good way to see how mature you could be to take in fact a real life position as CSM member. To be a hardcore gamer isn't the only best reason.








Easily one of the best posts in this thread so far SmileBig smile
CCP and the CSM do a fantastic job under alot of pressure, and for that I respect them. Keep up the good work guys o/
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#57 - 2015-01-16 14:42:28 UTC
Houm... maybe I got the intent wrong, but wasn't that devblog like an attempt to "sell" the CSM to unaware readers/non-voters?

If that was the intent, I think that it fails to do the job because it's too long. Anyone comitted enough to read it, will have a high chance of wanting to vote the CSM anyway, with or without devblog (FAI, I read it).

But a interested yet uncomited prospect voter will flee in horror after he sees that there's a wall of text after the first one.. and then another... and another... Shocked

Maybe I got it wrong and the devblog was targetted at the commited 31,000 voters from last year, so I apologyze if that's the case as it does a good job in letting us know why should we vote again.
Nolak Ataru
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#58 - 2015-01-16 16:52:15 UTC
Aiyshimin wrote:
Nolak Ataru wrote:
Hey corebloodbrothers, what first-hand experience do you have with ISBoxer? Have you talked to any ISBoxers, smacktalk and crying in local nonwithstanding? Did you even attempt to integrate anti-bomber ships into your fleet doctrines, including defensive DIC/HICs?

e: And Falcon, you're one to talk about acting like an adult after refusing to discuss this with the ISBoxer community before Jan1.


Nobody negotiated with the macro miner "community" when they were banned
Nobody negotiated with RMT "community" when they were banned
Nobody negotiated with ISBotter "community" when replication was banned

If it's bad for the game, it is and you happened to be part of the problem, when ban was the solution. Deal with it.


Macros are and have always been a gray area, but I assume you mean the more complicated macros that no longer require human interaction. Those are and have always been against the EULA under the botting clause, and the accelerated gameplay clause.
RMT is and has always been in violation of the EULA under the RMT clause and the clause regarding CCP's control over the game.
Your pitiful attempt at wordplay aside, ISBoxer was not in violation of the EULA, 6A3, the macro clause, or the control clause, and that fact had been repeatedly reinforced by CCP and GM responses to the troll threads on the forums. Lax worked with CCP in order to remove as much chance and possibility of turning ISBoxer into a botting program. Now corebloodbrother comes along and makes claims that broadcasting was somehow in violation of the EULA, or that ISBoxer was some instant-win button with no counters, or that (and this is my favorite) it's somehow the sole cause of problems in the game. I want to know what qualifications and experience he has with the product in question, much as an average Joe would want to know how much experience the dude he'll be electing to Congress, or the presidency.

Not even negotiation in the pure sense, but ISBoxers were willing to come to the table and discuss actual changes to the gameplay that would have a greater effect on their ability to box than the broadcast ban, which was recently laughed at by a video posted by Shadowandlight where he demonstrated a way to control a theoretically unlimited number of bombers that fell within the new EULA. And we're not even talking about how the boxing community was treated by CCP before the ban with reimbursements of ganked ships being handed out like condoms in a brothel, and then with CCP's refusal to talk to any ISBoxer seriously until after Jan1, even when they pointed out a dozen or more ways to attack ISBoxers with changes to gameplay mechanics (let alone fleet doctrines, EWAR, or ganks) that would have had a greater effect on ISBoxers.
CCP Leeloo
C C P
C C P Alliance
#59 - 2015-01-16 19:12:20 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Houm... maybe I got the intent wrong, but wasn't that devblog like an attempt to "sell" the CSM to unaware readers/non-voters?

Not at all. Last time I checked the dev blog was called "CSM 9 - The Year In Review". Which, in my opinion describes the purpose of this blog :)

CCP Leeloo | Community Developer | @ccp_leeloo | leeloo@ccpgames.com

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#60 - 2015-01-16 20:04:46 UTC
CCP Leeloo wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Houm... maybe I got the intent wrong, but wasn't that devblog like an attempt to "sell" the CSM to unaware readers/non-voters?

Not at all. Last time I checked the dev blog was called "CSM 9 - The Year In Review". Which, in my opinion describes the purpose of this blog :)


Oh nice, then i'll wait for the actual efforts to get more people caring/involved/voting. Cool