These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Nestor need some love.

First post
Author
Hairpins Blueprint
The Northerners
Pandemic Horde
#21 - 2015-01-15 00:56:39 UTC
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
It has its purpose but its purpose in kinda "meh" ... so the ship is kinda "meh".

actualy right some people are using it ... R&K's? it got a loot of buffs allready and seems fine right now. it'sXM Size Guardian with good drone dps ....
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#22 - 2015-01-15 01:17:11 UTC
ashley Eoner wrote:
Ichtys kuromitsu wrote:
Well i like the hull ship, but the price (too high) and the hull bonus is bit useless .

(lazer/explo/ RR capacitor)

Have you planned some change ?

And you Eve community what do you think ?

Ty in advance and fly safe !

I use the nestor on a near daily basis. Nothing in highsec can come close to the repping power while having such a beast of a tank and the capability to utilize such a wide variety of drones in the field. Then there's the ability to use it as a mobile depot for refitting on the fly.

I own and operate multiple nestors :P

I've even used a nestor in a HQ shield fleet. 1207 DPS out to 50 KM while sporting better resists/ehp then the other DPS. Since it's laser/drone based I can even run it as a dps/sniper hybrid. Hella handy for filling roles as the fleet moves on.

It's also incredibly handy in WHs as mentioned earlier..

This thread seems to be one of those "I don't have a use for the ship so clearly it's broken" threads....

Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Godfrey Silvarna wrote:
Nestor is an excellent Logistics boat for Wormhole PvP fleets. For this role nothing needs to change.

Couldn't care less if no one can use it for missioning. Not all battleships need to be made for highsec.

The price makes it a ship for highsec. Just sayin' Cool

Since when has price mattered? Price doesn't stop the other +1b battleship hulls from being used or capital ships from being used...

I expected an outlier to come and how us how fail we all are. So how many 10s of billions of ISK do you make per second?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Herzog Wolfhammer
#23 - 2015-01-15 01:19:57 UTC
Zmikund wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Godfrey Silvarna wrote:
Nestor is an excellent Logistics boat for Wormhole PvP fleets. For this role nothing needs to change.

Couldn't care less if no one can use it for missioning. Not all battleships need to be made for highsec.

you have never seen wormhole fleet, did you?

I'm usually running from them. Cool

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

ashley Eoner
#24 - 2015-01-15 01:28:42 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:
Ichtys kuromitsu wrote:
Well i like the hull ship, but the price (too high) and the hull bonus is bit useless .

(lazer/explo/ RR capacitor)

Have you planned some change ?

And you Eve community what do you think ?

Ty in advance and fly safe !

I use the nestor on a near daily basis. Nothing in highsec can come close to the repping power while having such a beast of a tank and the capability to utilize such a wide variety of drones in the field. Then there's the ability to use it as a mobile depot for refitting on the fly.

I own and operate multiple nestors :P

I've even used a nestor in a HQ shield fleet. 1207 DPS out to 50 KM while sporting better resists/ehp then the other DPS. Since it's laser/drone based I can even run it as a dps/sniper hybrid. Hella handy for filling roles as the fleet moves on.

It's also incredibly handy in WHs as mentioned earlier..

This thread seems to be one of those "I don't have a use for the ship so clearly it's broken" threads....

Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Godfrey Silvarna wrote:

Since when has price mattered? Price doesn't stop the other +1b battleship hulls from being used or capital ships from being used...

I expected an outlier to come and how us how fail we all are. So how many 10s of billions of ISK do you make per second?

I'm only one of several in this thread that have testified to the usefulness of the nestor.

Since you can't refute the uses you resort to attacks on my character.
Godfrey Silvarna
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#25 - 2015-01-15 01:34:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Godfrey Silvarna
Guillotine Therapy from Rooks and Kings uses Nestors in a fleet consisting of 4 Nestors as logistics. 2 Bhaalgorns for neut, a Devoter for bubbling, a Proteus for long point and a dozen or so Vindicators providing webs and insane DPS. I have seen them also bring a Loki with long distance webs, an Eos with links and a few guardians for extra support.

I have fought that fleet of theirs, and it was pretty damn impressive (we brought 4 nestors, a naglfar and a pile of standard wormhole-issue t3 cruisers, and lost). Those four Nestors provide absolutely insane amounts of tank, and the truly mobile refitting capability makes every ship in the fleet much more versatile, especially the other Nestors which can switch between tank, dps, anti-neut, maximum RR, mobility and more.
Juan Mileghere
The Corporate Raiders
#26 - 2015-01-15 02:20:54 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Godfrey Silvarna wrote:

and all of those T3s in the WH fleets are cheap?
Steppa Musana
Doomheim
#27 - 2015-01-15 02:52:56 UTC
Godfrey Silvarna wrote:
Guillotine Therapy from Rooks and Kings uses Nestors in a fleet consisting of 4 Nestors as logistics. 2 Bhaalgorns for neut, a Devoter for bubbling, a Proteus for long point and a dozen or so Vindicators providing webs and insane DPS. I have seen them also bring a Loki with long distance webs, an Eos with links and a few guardians for extra support.

I have fought that fleet of theirs, and it was pretty damn impressive (we brought 4 nestors, a naglfar and a pile of standard wormhole-issue t3 cruisers, and lost). Those four Nestors provide absolutely insane amounts of tank, and the truly mobile refitting capability makes every ship in the fleet much more versatile, especially the other Nestors which can switch between tank, dps, anti-neut, maximum RR, mobility and more.

They are also beasts against suicide ganking. Nestor isn't broken, players using the Nestor just don't know what they are doing.
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#28 - 2015-01-15 08:38:41 UTC
My corp used to fly spider geddons and domis and the idea was always to switch to full on spider fit nestors... "If in doubt rep all the things"
Kenrailae
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2015-01-15 09:01:00 UTC
Nestor just needs a jump drive. Job good.

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Herzog Wolfhammer
#30 - 2015-01-15 09:01:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
ashley Eoner wrote:

Since you take that as an attack on your character, it is therefore an attack on your character. Attack attack attack. Push me shove you. Marsha Marsha Marsha.

Nestor still has problems. And for the reasons I cited. When the same job can be done cheaper, then it's not superior. There is no way around it.

The mobile refitting capability is nice though. Let it field more than 5 drones at a time and I'll be changing my shorts over it.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Faren Shalni
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2015-01-15 10:30:19 UTC
the nestor is fine, its a fantastic mobile depot for your caps that doesn't die in seconds (unless they dread blap it)

Not sure about the other bonus's but thats not important :P

So Much Space

John Wolfsson
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2015-01-15 10:34:39 UTC
Godfrey Silvarna wrote:

do you have any video from this encounter ? , if yes please post link :) , thanks in advance
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#33 - 2015-01-15 12:29:27 UTC
You can have longer range RR with absurd repamount using Nestors with cap injection, cap Xfer or Talisman Guard on the one hand or you can use a paladin as a bastioned archon with native recharge and ewar immunity on the other hand. Would say logistics choices in the battleship segment have never been better.

Breaking two, especially linked, Nestors can be an absolute pain in the butt. They refit on the fly using their fitting services, they keep their link-CS alive since they project some serious RR, and they can fit heavy neuts and large smarties as they want.

Sure they never look quite convincing as you have them there, but having them mutate into the fit they currently need is very annoying, helpful or lethal depending on which perspective you got. They are way outside of normal BS criteria by now, this ship shows qualities outside of dps and ehp/s.
ashley Eoner
#34 - 2015-01-15 18:20:41 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:

Since you take that as an attack on your character, it is therefore an attack on your character. Attack attack attack. Push me shove you. Marsha Marsha Marsha.

Nestor still has problems. And for the reasons I cited. When the same job can be done cheaper, then it's not superior. There is no way around it.

The mobile refitting capability is nice though. Let it field more than 5 drones at a time and I'll be changing my shorts over it.
Calling me the outlier aka "special snowflake" has no implications at all nope. I'm just being mean to you....

Look fool there's plenty of people in here who disagree with your ignorance about the nestor. The nestor is clearly fine as several roles are defined for it in this very thread (more roles then most ships have).

You're clearly trying to destroy/nerf the nestor as logic is having no effect on you. I just wonder who's nestor is making you so mad that you're trying to destroy it via the concern troll method.

The nestor right now is barely over a billion isk. You didn't seem to care when the nightmares and other faction battleships were hovering around 900m and those have far less versatility. How many ships do you know can provide twice the repping power of a standard logistics ship while mounting a much bigger tank, have a quick align, provide refitting, and produce solid dps while having 69% of the mass of a typical battleship?
Ronny Hugo
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2015-01-15 18:54:00 UTC
Drop the LP required to get a BPC and I think we have a solution. Its a nice ship if a gang can afford to lose a fleet of them.
Ichtys kuromitsu
Fit me I'm famous
#36 - 2015-01-15 23:22:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Ichtys kuromitsu
I really think the price and exploration hull bonus need some change. The laser bonus can be change too (what do you think ?)

Maybe increase the drop rate of the Rogue Drone Nexus Chips.

So i will buy (later) a nestor for WH-space. Need just more ISK
ashley Eoner
#37 - 2015-01-16 00:00:51 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
Ichtys kuromitsu wrote:
I really think the price and explo hull bonus need some change. The laser bonus can be change too (what do you think ?)

Maybe increase the drop rate of the Rogue Drone Nexus Chips.

So i will buy (later) a nestor for WH-space. Need just more ISK

I use the laser bonus and without it I'd lose at least one use for the nestor. The extra range lets me get away with pulses which ups the tracking and dps potential vs no bonus and being forced to use tachs and I'm not even sure I could fit tachs.

EDIT : I misread and thought you were talking about explosion resist not exploration stuff. I don't really use any of the exploration related bonuses either.
Ichtys kuromitsu
Fit me I'm famous
#38 - 2015-02-07 10:20:38 UTC
Now, i have my Nestor, the question : the ship maintenance bay really worth it? ( just for shuttle?)

Its usefulness?

Maybe change this, for another bay like hangar fleet capacity (but 500m³ max?) maybe little to strong?

So, what do you think of this bay!
McChicken Combo HalfMayo
The Happy Meal
#39 - 2015-02-07 10:26:40 UTC
Eh, it's mostly fine, just needs two changes. Drop the exploration bonuses and give it more cap recharge instead. Adjust the drops/required-materials to drop prices so they don't rival a carrier

There are all our dominion

Gate camps: "Its like the lowsec watercooler, just with explosions and boose" - Ralph King-Griffin

FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#40 - 2015-02-07 14:24:26 UTC
Like i said...

I've used them AS IS with no problems, up to and including 3vsServering the entirety of SISI and WINNING until they dropped around 17 dreadnaughts on us...

3 large t2 caplinks, 3 large t2 remreps and a utility high

MWD cap Boosters Eccm web scram

Brick armor tank...

They dont work at "press f1 to function as a fleet member" docterine level but they are UNSTOPPABLE MURDERMACHINES in smaller numbers, especially now you can refit those highs and mids for whatever you're fighting and refit tank on the fly...
Previous page123Next page