These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Annoying missile bug

Author
Croth Waters
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2011-12-19 15:38:32 UTC
Aoki Ayumi wrote:
Nope, It wasn' for me 7 days ago, now i click on my module and the green circle begins in middle, about ending, or wherever It desire to start the cycle again

It was exactly like this for most modules for many years now. You probably didn't notice before, but it was.
Aoki Ayumi
project HAVEN
Same Great Taste
#22 - 2011-12-19 15:45:56 UTC
Croth Waters wrote:
Aoki Ayumi wrote:
Nope, It wasn' for me 7 days ago, now i click on my module and the green circle begins in middle, about ending, or wherever It desire to start the cycle again

It was exactly like this for most modules for many years now. You probably didn't notice before, but it was.

It is a different thing, I was playing days ago and It was just fine. I hitted the module button, then It fired, end green wheel cycle, and then fire again.

Now I hit the button, the green circle goes to 25%, 78% wherever, then my module fires, and the cycle ends who knows when.
Riley Moore
Sentinum Research
#23 - 2011-12-19 15:46:48 UTC
Read what I wrote three posts back;

Quote:
The "circle" timers on modules take into account the latency. Always have. Whether the latency displayed correctly is a different matter.

Large volumes of highly researched Ammo, drones, charges and ship bpo's. Biggest BPO store in EVE! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=445524#post445524

Illwill Bill
End of employment history
#24 - 2011-12-19 15:50:36 UTC
This isn't anything new. As far as I've noticed, it's just a mild version of the lag experienced in fleet fights.
Famble
Three's a Crowd
#25 - 2011-12-19 15:51:40 UTC
Indeed, nothing appears to have changed for me. Some days it's pretty close other days, not so much.

I too stopped caring about it eons ago.

If anyone ever looks at you and says,_ "Hold my beer, watch this,"_  you're probably going to want to pay attention.

AlanFord
Chi Cygni
#26 - 2011-12-19 16:00:05 UTC
I also notices same thing as OP, and it started happening 2 days ago.

To all the other people that say it was always like this, I say: it was not for me and obviously for some other people too!

Yes there was always some kind of delay but since 2 days my missile launcher icon circle timers when I fire starts form the 15:00 position.

I hope they will change that as now it is hard to count and time how many shots is needed to fire in order to kill certain npc ship.

Best,
af
Croth Waters
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2011-12-19 16:07:22 UTC
Aoki and Alan, no offense, but you are both dumb and stubborn. There are more than a dozen people here, probably all way more experienced than you, all telling you the same exact thing and you still don't get it.

For the third time: it was like that for the vast majority of modules for years now. It's a thing known by most players, probably having to do with latency and no one even pays attention to it now. If you think it wasn't the same few days ago you are wrong. It was. Live with it.
Aoki Ayumi
project HAVEN
Same Great Taste
#28 - 2011-12-20 01:23:12 UTC
Croth Waters wrote:
Aoki and Alan, no offense, but you are both dumb and stubborn. There are more than a dozen people here, probably all way more experienced than you, all telling you the same exact thing and you still don't get it.

For the third time: it was like that for the vast majority of modules for years now. It's a thing known by most players, probably having to do with latency and no one even pays attention to it now. If you think it wasn't the same few days ago you are wrong. It was. Live with it.

Nope, you are wrong.

Problem has been solved today, modules run properly right now.
So, you are wrong.
Aoki Ayumi
project HAVEN
Same Great Taste
#29 - 2011-12-20 01:26:39 UTC
Croth Waters wrote:

Anyway, I understand your point. I suppose this bug It is hard to believe, but It should be something CCP is testing these days, or maybe some kind of extrange module lag.

Right now, my modules run fine again. You get 1 like anyway :)
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#30 - 2011-12-20 01:42:59 UTC
when you are at it. Fix overheating. It starts far to late in the (first) cycle.
(and i can't repeat it often enough: make the damn overheat button bigger!)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

AlanFord
Chi Cygni
#31 - 2011-12-20 08:53:58 UTC
Croth Waters wrote:

I am not a rude person and I don't like to offend people, but when someone is behaving like you calling people names and assuming they don't know what they are talking about I have to say: you are an idiot.

I don't care if it was for you like this for years. For me it was not. I am playing eve since 2005 so I know what I am talking about.

Best,
AF
Previous page12