These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

watched eve for almost 10y-then finally tried it to get dissapointed

First post
Author
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#61 - 2015-01-15 00:32:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
J'Poll wrote:
I'm don't have much leadership skills in real life either. And a bad temper (both in real life aswel as in the game, can give you names of people to confirm the latterBlink)

And we all make poor decisions in real life. No person in the world will be able to say at the end of their life that they didn't regret a single decision they made in their life. Hell, I'm not even 30 and can tell you, I do need 2 hands to list them already.

Gotta repost my description of J'Poll:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5316528#post5316528

More of my rookie wisdom. Read the "Experiences of a total n00b, barely 4 days into trial" bit too:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4777634#post4777634
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#62 - 2015-01-15 00:36:13 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
I'm don't have much leadership skills in real life either. And a bad temper (both in real life aswel as in the game, can give you names of people to confirm the latterBlink)

And we all make poor decisions in real life. No person in the world will be able to say at the end of their life that they didn't regret a single decision they made in their life. Hell, I'm not even 30 and can tell you, I do need 2 hands to list them already.

Gotta repost my description of J'Poll:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5316528#post5316528

More of my rookie wisdom. Read the "Experiences of a total n00b, barely 4 days into trial" bit too:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4777634#post4777634

Fun fact...that's the first time I actually read that

And...luckily we have an emoticon to match my face now:

Lol

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

pinkiaiiiLT pinky
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2015-01-15 00:48:26 UTC
Well you can all safely assume by now that i am an idiot by default,creating this thread and rumbling how bad game is,when in turn im the stupid one here,since ive learned at least 5 new things not to mention links to other threads.

Seems i should only asked what im doing wrong-which turns out a lot.So apologies to CCP and forum members for coming out as such a dork.
Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#64 - 2015-01-15 00:51:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Cara Forelli
I came in to smack you about for your OP but missed my chance as you've changed your tone...

Anyway. I agree with Tau. Maybe your corp was good for a while but even good corps go bad with inactivity and no one corp is going to teach you 100% of the game mechanics. If you enjoyed the "This is EVE" trailer, keep in mind that every single thing in it really happened. Go find a new corp and take part. Try something different. You might even be in the next trailer. Big smile

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

J'Poll
Caldari State
#65 - 2015-01-15 00:53:00 UTC
Cara Forelli wrote:
I came in to smack you about for your OP but missed my chance as you've changed your tone...

Anyway. I agree with Tau. Maybe your corp was good for a while but even good corps go bad with inactivity and no one corp is going to teach you 100% of the game mechanics. If you enjoyed the "This is EVE" trailer, keep in mind that every single thing in it really happened. Go find a new corp and take part. Try something different. You might even be in the next trailer. Big smile

He is one of the 2 people I / we converted today Smile

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Candi LeMew
Division 13
#66 - 2015-01-15 01:13:12 UTC
pinkiaiiiLT pinky wrote:
Well you can all safely assume by now that i am an idiot by default,creating this thread and rumbling how bad game is,when in turn im the stupid one here,since ive learned at least 5 new things not to mention links to other threads.

Seems i should only asked what im doing wrong-which turns out a lot.So apologies to CCP and forum members for coming out as such a dork.

Shitposting in shitthreads is a great, time honored EVE tradition, OP.

Welcome aboard, sir.

Don't worry about it. Blink

🍌

Remember... in Anoikis Bob Is Always Watching...

"I been kicked out of better homes than this" - Rick James

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#67 - 2015-01-15 01:19:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
pinkiaiiiLT pinky wrote:
... ive learned at least 5 new things not to mention links to other threads.

Links? I've got a million of 'em!
The EVE community loves newbros that have the right attitude and are willing to learn:

Others:
Post of links
New to Manufacturing
PI Spew

Or even how to search for answers:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3103762#post3103762
I find my old posts (including these links) using Google.

Plus, I do requests. Feel free to EVE-mail me questions you are too shy to post about, but the downside is you will only get my opinion that way!

I encourage all players, new and old, to seek help from other players. Don't be shy! We've all been there!
pinkiaiiiLT pinky
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2015-01-15 01:24:16 UTC
thx a lot all,its a lot to consume in one day,at least i know there is some hope.fly safe ppl
J'Poll
Caldari State
#69 - 2015-01-15 01:30:21 UTC
If you want a great read:

New Player FAQ, it is in the stickies on this subforum.

If you want a set of useful links:

New Citizen Q&A Resources, again it is one of the stickies.

If you like extra help in game:

Help Chat - Reloaded

Unofficial and player ran help chat. Plenty of veterans around there to help you with any question you might have. Benefit over normal help: less/virtually no trolls and less cluttered. And a great way to meet new people.

ISD Supogo
ISD BH
ISD Alliance
#70 - 2015-01-15 02:32:33 UTC
Topic locked.

Quote:

Forum rules

3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

33. "Quitting" posts are only permitted on the Out of Pod Experience channel.

CCP recognize that during the course of gameplay a lot of friendships are made between players and that sometimes if a player is taking a break or departing from the EVE universe that they would like to say goodbye on the forums. Posts of this nature are only permitted on the Out of Pod Experience forum, and must be civil and well worded.

ISD BH Supogo

Bughunter

Equipment Certification and Anomaly Investigations Division (ECAID)

Interstellar Services Department