These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dictors!

Author
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-01-14 12:29:59 UTC
Yo!

I'm currently skilling Dictors & Sphere Launchers to die horribly in a solo Sabre.

Just wanted to confirm a few facts, since I understand there have been some changes and some old guides may be outdated:


1. A Dictor can only fit a single launcher

2. The launcher can carry 3 spheres, launch them every 5 seconds, then 60 seconds to reload

3. There aren't any skills (or hull bonuses) that affect N. of Launchers, Launcher capacity, cycle time and reload time, nor the sphere's radius (20km)


Correct?


Thanks!

- Gully

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Commander Cute
Capsuleer Retirement Home
#2 - 2015-01-14 12:36:02 UTC
Correct otherwise, except there are now Surgical Warp Disrupt Probes with half the radius of the normal one.
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2015-01-14 12:39:31 UTC
Commander Cute wrote:
Correct otherwise, except there are now Surgical Warp Disrupt Probes with half the radius of the normal one.
Ah thanks! I see they're also supposed to last 3 minutes instead of 2.

Anybody using them? In which cases?

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#4 - 2015-01-14 12:45:01 UTC
Relevant
The Interdictor: A Seminar by Wulfrunner: http://youtu.be/BRIyA0G_yrY
long but worth watching.
Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#5 - 2015-01-14 13:50:28 UTC
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Commander Cute wrote:
Correct otherwise, except there are now Surgical Warp Disrupt Probes with half the radius of the normal one.
Ah thanks! I see they're also supposed to last 3 minutes instead of 2.

Anybody using them? In which cases?

Just a wild guess, but seems useful for tackling capitals, where you are less worried about them slow-boating out and more interested in holding them for backup.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#6 - 2015-01-14 15:11:29 UTC
Cara Forelli wrote:
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Commander Cute wrote:
Correct otherwise, except there are now Surgical Warp Disrupt Probes with half the radius of the normal one.
Ah thanks! I see they're also supposed to last 3 minutes instead of 2.

Anybody using them? In which cases?

Just a wild guess, but seems useful for tackling capitals, where you are less worried about them slow-boating out and more interested in holding them for backup.

Also if you're setting up a temporary "drag" bubble to catch people warping to a gate or something. That way you don't have to re-deploy it as often.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Orlacc
#7 - 2015-01-14 17:58:46 UTC
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-01-14 19:03:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Gully Alex Foyle
Aye mate, that awesome article is exactly what inspired me to give it a shot, even if I usually PVP in lowsec.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2015-01-14 20:54:55 UTC
Commander Cute wrote:
Correct otherwise, except there are now Surgical Warp Disrupt Probes with half the radius of the normal one.

I was wondering about those what is the point of them?

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-01-16 08:48:06 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Relevant
The Interdictor: A Seminar by Wulfrunner: http://youtu.be/BRIyA0G_yrY
long but worth watching.
Hey much thanks, mate!

That is indeed a great video!

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#11 - 2015-01-16 20:59:56 UTC
Here's some more Sabre inspiration for you Mr Foyle.

Grr.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2015-01-16 21:56:50 UTC
Thread bookmarked!

I'm my own NPC alt.