These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Love the new Exequror - Did CCP hire a genius?

First post
Author
FoxFire Ayderan
#1 - 2015-01-13 23:28:41 UTC
Or at least hire a normal person who understands (and perhaps has read the science) that human beings find symmetry attractive.

The old design looked positively stupid or Quasimodo'ish.

Let's face it, nobody wants to **** that.

The new design is eminently more ****able.

Lol

Flavan
Church of the Jovian Space Turtles
Intaki-Business Logistics Union
#2 - 2015-01-13 23:35:06 UTC
If you want to do asterisks with your ship, the Exqueror was never your ideal anyway. Thorax ftw! :)
  • Flavan of Ardene Director Not The Droids You're Looking For
Candi LeMew
Division 13
#3 - 2015-01-13 23:38:28 UTC
The Banana approves of your choice in sexual analogies.

🍌

Remember... in Anoikis Bob Is Always Watching...

"I been kicked out of better homes than this" - Rick James

Abyss Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2015-01-13 23:49:47 UTC
Let the man have a go at the omen next, so he can DE-toumor it.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#5 - 2015-01-14 00:32:03 UTC
Just as a note of clarification, the Exequror is still asymmetrical... it's just more subtle about it. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#6 - 2015-01-14 01:13:16 UTC
I think you just like it because it is way more phallic.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-01-14 01:55:01 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Just as a note of clarification, the Exequror is still asymmetrical... it's just more subtle about it. Smile

So I wasn't the only one looking for asymmetry. A lot of companies only paint one side of things and just copy it, I for one like that CCP doesn't. Sometimes things don't line up when you do.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Paranoid Loyd
#8 - 2015-01-14 01:57:34 UTC
Abyss Azizora wrote:
Let the man have a go at the omen next, so he can DE-toumor it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Steppa Musana
Doomheim
#9 - 2015-01-14 02:01:35 UTC
Dat texture quality though... ew.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#10 - 2015-01-14 02:17:44 UTC
I dunno, it doesn't look very Gallent...ish to me. It's as if it was rushed.
Serene Repose
#11 - 2015-01-14 03:21:57 UTC
Candi LeMew wrote:
The Banana approves of your choice in sexual analogies.

so says the guy with large mammaries.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

CCP BunnyVirus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2015-01-14 08:28:26 UTC
Hal Morsh wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

So I wasn't the only one looking for asymmetry. A lot of companies only paint one side of things and just copy it, I for one like that CCP doesn't. Sometimes things don't line up when you do.

We still do that

3D Artist

Saturday Beerun
Lost Ark Enterprises
#13 - 2015-01-14 09:36:29 UTC
It is still an ugly Gallente ship.Would be nice to find a real improvement to their ships.

I Want The Black Vindicator Back

Arline Kley
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#14 - 2015-01-14 09:41:24 UTC
Saturday Beerun wrote:
It is still an ugly Gallente ship.Would be nice to find a real improvement to their ships.

You have the Celestis to keep you going.

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

Dave Viker
Do you even Exist.
#15 - 2015-01-14 09:54:11 UTC
I personally like asymetrical ships.

Tbh, when I started playing EVE, I could not look at any Ships except for the Amarrian ones, but I now learned to love them all. I literally like the look of every single ship now.

Everything has beauty in it, somewhere. The old Blackbird, for example, had its beauty somewhere deep inside, not visible to our eyes.

Indie GameDev & Audiophile

Checkout my Soundcloud page.

Hitech Trance, Chillout, Acoustic Stuff.

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#16 - 2015-01-14 10:03:55 UTC
CCP BunnyVirus wrote:
Hal Morsh wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

We still do that

Proof: Aeon

They just forgot to paste it on the other side.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#17 - 2015-01-14 10:23:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
I'm not a fan of the front of the Exequror. Its texture is full of details but the 3D model is just flat. Its a bit underwhelming.

Sadly that's a trend with new models : Blackbird, Exequror, Mordus, they all have little white dots, little things on their hull.. But it looks like a sticker on a plastic surface (like a toy) rather than an actual ship.

Im my opinion, you'd be better off with less details in the texture (because at current max resolution they get pixelized very fast), and more details in the 3D model.

Also, the chrome on the exequror isn't really pretty in my opinion. The navy exeq is where the model shines the most :)

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#18 - 2015-01-14 10:33:44 UTC
I tried to like the new Exequeror as it's a ship type I fly a fair bit but I can't seem to. It's overly symmetrical for me and just looks wrong from some angles, especially from the back, and there's something about the engines that isn't right now.

Sad
KusK62
Slightly Blunt Knives
#19 - 2015-01-14 11:09:53 UTC
To me it is the redesign of the engine department that makes me like the new Exequror more than the old one, the old one looked to tail heavy to me, whereas the new design is much more pleasing.

Now i only wish for a reskin opportunity for the navy exequror, like maby a serpentis version, because space camo is not really me Smile
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#20 - 2015-01-14 15:54:18 UTC
KusK62 wrote:
To me it is the redesign of the engine department that makes me like the new Exequror more than the old one, the old one looked to tail heavy to me, whereas the new design is much more pleasing.

Now i only wish for a reskin opportunity for the navy exequror, like maby a serpentis version, because space camo is not really me Smile

Yeah, but of the ships with that camo pattern, the navy exequror is the one that actually makes it look tough.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

123Next page