These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Rename the "Interbus Ship Identification System"

First post First post
Author
Mr Twinkie
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1 - 2015-01-13 16:17:42 UTC
ISIS?

I mean... it's not bad but it's not good.
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#2 - 2015-01-13 16:21:30 UTC
You don't like Egyptian God's?
Celthric Kanerian
Patriotic Tendencies
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2015-01-13 16:22:16 UTC
Do you have a problem with it?
Foxicity
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-01-13 16:26:43 UTC
Let's call it the Unified Searchable Ship Registry. Big smile Wait, crap. This is hard.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Mercenary Coalition
#5 - 2015-01-13 16:28:45 UTC
Just for your reference.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Asayanami Dei
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#6 - 2015-01-13 16:50:59 UTC
there is a band called ISIS, imagine how they feel.

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I--THE CAPACITOR IS EMPTY

Youtube: /asayanami

Twitter: @asayanami

wormholefundamentals.com

FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#7 - 2015-01-13 17:04:47 UTC  |  Edited by: FireFrenzy
probably named for the God;)
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#8 - 2015-01-13 17:07:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Corraidhin Farsaidh
CONCORD Unified Naming ... Hmmm...that wouldn't work out wither...
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2015-01-13 17:27:20 UTC
Mr Twinkie wrote:
ISIS?

I mean... it's not bad but it's not good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Legion_%28political_movement%29

Is that good?
Aiyshimin
Descendant Command
#10 - 2015-01-13 17:31:21 UTC
Fox News viewer spotted
Mr Twinkie
Dreddit
#11 - 2015-01-13 18:12:58 UTC
Comparing references to obscure things isn't the same as referencing a terrorist group that is dominating world headlines
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2015-01-13 18:22:50 UTC
Mr Twinkie wrote:
Comparing references to obscure things isn't the same as referencing a terrorist group that is dominating world headlines

Asking for a name change on something because the acronym is matching with a terrorist group is such a feat intelligence...
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Mercenary Coalition
#13 - 2015-01-13 18:27:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
The ISIS in EVE was there before the ISIS (which by the way is in Europe just called IS (Islamic State)) in the middle east. The Egyptian Goddess Isis was there before any of these. So, EVE is referencing the Egyptian goddess as you cannot reference something that isn't there when you reference to it. Problem solved.

I also fail to see how your Black Legion is a "reference to an obscure thing". Judging by this Wiki article and the sources, it was a very real movement and not one to be proud of, in particular as it is connected to the highly controversial, brutal and backwardly Ku-Klux Clan. Things that are strangely familiar to a terrorizing organization of contemporary days, which was it again ... ah, right: the Islamic State. So, can I petition CCP to rename your alliance to EVE Alliance 3246436431? Roll

Also, I don't know your local press, but right now in Germany Charlie Hebdo, MRSA germs, Catastrophic conditions in retirement homes and Pegida have the headlines of news papers and news sites.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Aiyshimin
Descendant Command
#14 - 2015-01-13 18:34:24 UTC
Mr Twinkie wrote:

except it's not referencing to anything, and ISIS isn't dominating world headlines

Mr Twinkie
Dreddit
#15 - 2015-01-13 18:42:41 UTC
Aiyshimin wrote:
Mr Twinkie wrote:

except it's not referencing to anything, and ISIS isn't dominating world headlines

Have you logged off recently?
Zimmer Jones
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2015-01-13 18:47:49 UTC
don't capitulate to TARE( terror)! you do that and the sanchas have won!

Use the force without consent and the court wont acquit you even if you are a card carryin', robe wearin' Jedi.

Adrie Atticus
Circle Mercs
#17 - 2015-01-13 19:39:41 UTC
Mr Twinkie wrote:

Here's a list of games where the goddess Isis has appeared http://www.giantbomb.com/isis/3005-4322/games/

Now, why would you change a name of an abbreviation, or name of a character because one group has decided to be called a certain thing for a few months in their history. You do know that "ISIS" is not even their proper name, it's ISIL as in "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant".
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#18 - 2015-01-13 19:53:08 UTC
Not only that even if it IS ISIS (like its more often transcribed) the Goddess had it first...

Thats like you not being allowed to call your daughter Mercedes because "you only buy American" or some other reason...

The fact that the car company was named (supposedly) after a severely doable young lady is then just conveniently ignored...
Mantish Maca
Lucky Help Company
#19 - 2015-01-13 20:19:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Mantish Maca
lol?you for real?

This was here first.They should rename :-)
Aiyshimin
Descendant Command
#20 - 2015-01-13 20:30:39 UTC
Mr Twinkie wrote:
Aiyshimin wrote:
Mr Twinkie wrote:

Have you logged off recently?

I log off daily m8

Did you go to school?

12Next page