These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Hoarder or clean freak?

First post
Author
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#21 - 2015-01-12 17:08:29 UTC
I have stuff spread all over the place but I do try and keep it at least a little organised with various containers for easy access to regularly used item categories.
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#22 - 2015-01-12 17:33:48 UTC
A bit of both. I try to keep the locations where I have assents short, and try to sell stuff I don't need.
But I end up keeping a ton of stuff that I MIGHT need.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#23 - 2015-01-12 17:55:40 UTC
I hang on to everything. Well, except characters. But I have ferreted away almost everything I have acquired over the eight years I've been in New Eden.

Some like to have a big wallet balance. I'd rather have stuff. Lots of stuff.

Mr Epeen Cool
Sean Dunaway
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#24 - 2015-01-12 22:01:43 UTC
I have crap spread everywhere.

Elegance Beyond Your Dreams

Salvation Behind Your Screams

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2015-01-12 23:47:41 UTC
T8497 wrote:
Hodor!

At this point I can't be arsed to **** with CCP's stupid market mechanics.....so ~137 stations holding billions of isk worth of my stuff forever is how it's going to be.

It isn't really a problem with the market mechanic, it is more a problem with the possibility of NPC wrecks creating an infinite number of items from nothing.
Nina Meza
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2015-01-13 01:54:43 UTC
7b assets in GE + lots lots of unfittet Ships but all Nicely sortet in Containers the only junk is the Exploration can with the hacking loot to make some isk :3 ratting loot and non T2 battlefield loot will be reprocessed... uhm clean Freak? xD
Qn'qura Zalas Zula
Doomheim
#27 - 2015-01-13 02:12:11 UTC
I have a nasty habit of simply leaving random junk in pretty much every station i've operated from.
I really just cba with selling or hauling much of it.

Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Exotic Matters
Fried Liver Attack
#28 - 2015-01-13 05:31:24 UTC
I have loot and random supplies left in 47 different stations throughout hi/low/null. I have fitted ships in at least 12 stations, I don't like flying slow ships around so I leave them in place and buy another somewhere else rather than fly it around. If you don't count the ships I regularly fly, or have at a normally used base, I still have about 8 billion isk in assets strewn around.

Once I flew around and collected up a bunch of stuff and got it down to about 6 stations, but it didn't last long. If I'm ever hard up for isk at least I knew I have a resource to draw on. Although collecting, sorting, and selling it would probably take just as time per isk collected as earning the isk by PvE grinding.
Raiz Nhell
Tactically Challenged
The Initiative.
#29 - 2015-01-13 05:51:05 UTC
The new multiple sell function helps keep things tidy...
I select all and sell immediate... those that don't sell get reprocessed...
But I still reckon I have enough of Kruuls DNA to make a new one :)

There is no such thing as a fair fight...

If your fighting fair you have automatically put yourself at a disadvantage.

flaming phantom
Unlimited LTD
#30 - 2015-01-13 12:09:35 UTC
I keep things clean for the most part. I have some containers in the 5 or so manin stations i use for inventory management.

That being said, I do have about another 15 or so stations with pvp loot or other ships that I had at that station which I kind of left behind (about half of them being unacessible atm due to amarr controlling the FW station)
Sam Spock
The Arnold Connection
#31 - 2015-01-13 15:03:42 UTC
For each of my accounts I keep a station container called Loot and put all my random junk in there. Some times I need a module for something and I go digging through them to see if I have an acceptable meta one. Maybe I should change the name of the container to "Junk Drawer".

Every now and then I take most of what is in there and give it to my alt that has the scrap metal skill to reprocess. anything that has a warning is removed and I reprocess the rest. The stuff I don't I will haul to jita to sell to buy orders. Only do this about once every couple of months.

High meta stuff that actually has a value to it goes in my main hanger to be used or sold later.

I also keep a container for my collection of faction and deadspace loot called "Trophy Case". Always nice to look in there.

Giving you Inconsistent grammar, speilling and Punct-uation since 1974!

Trey Kutoi
SergalJerk
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#32 - 2015-01-15 15:41:53 UTC
I'm happy that they finally made it possible to see inside containers in the assets tab. no more lagging when I open the thing (plz fix my bookmark spam lag next ccplz)

Avaelica Kuershin
Paper Cats
#33 - 2015-01-15 17:29:56 UTC
Man Milk wrote:
Every kill, every mission/site and every festive season more stuff makes your assets swell.

I have too many containers of junk I've collected... including hulls from tutorials. Could be time to use them in amusing explosions.
Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#34 - 2015-01-15 17:47:03 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
I hang on to everything. Well, except characters. But I have ferreted away almost everything I have acquired over the eight years I've been in New Eden.

Some like to have a big wallet balance. I'd rather have stuff. Lots of stuff.

Mr Epeen Cool

This seems to be my pattern too. I rationalize it with "one day it could be worth a lot" but even when that one day comes on the rare occasion, I don't sell off what I have. It would be realistic if I used it but I don't do that either.
KC Kamikaze
Blue-Fire
#35 - 2015-01-15 21:16:22 UTC
T8497 wrote:
Hodor!

At this point I can't be arsed to **** with CCP's stupid market mechanics.....so ~137 stations holding billions of isk worth of my stuff forever is how it's going to be.

I'm right there with you. I also made the mistake one time of doing a region buy order ... never bothered going around to pick up all that crap either lol
Echo Gengod
MaxGen Biotechnology
#36 - 2015-01-16 04:38:20 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Uhm...look. It's a game. As such, every bit of it can count for or against. It's a lot like chess. Pieces can be assets or cumbersome depending how they're managed. Overlooking things is the culprit behind all major losses. It's also a source of drag on one's forward movement. I view resource management as one of the chores of digital gaming.

I came here to post how much I do not comprehend that statement.

In chess, every piece is an asset. Every one. There's too much you can do with any one piece. Block off the enemy, take enemy pieces, provide baiting maneuvers, hold threatening positions.

But in terms of the topic there's plenty you can do with your hoard of loot.
-Outright sell or make sell orders (for the good stuff)
-Fit your own ship
-Reprocess for minerals
--Make your own crap with minerals
--Sell minrals for dosh

Then again my mindset with EVE is usually based off of "exactly how many unique uses can I use X with".
Previous page12