These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

large gambling win. Advice so I dont throw it all away

Author
Secun Dairy
Lethal Logistix Limited
#1 - 2015-01-06 22:28:38 UTC
Straight to the point.

Ive won 104 bill in the last 2 weeks gambling on sports. Lost 8 of it regambling and another 10 to friends. So that leaves 86bill. I need too put it somewhere before I lose it all gambling. I need advice from the more experianced players who deal with larger amounts of isk. Im thinking maybe a try at the mineral market. Or start a small null market. Or go back to station trading. Loads of people talk about finding something to invest in to maintain value.

Inb4 "give it too me ill double it for you"

Please excuse my formatting ive never posted from a phone before
Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.
#2 - 2015-01-06 22:31:00 UTC
tech 2 bpo
alliance tournament ship
plex your account for 10 years

@JerryTPepridge

Secun Dairy
Lethal Logistix Limited
#3 - 2015-01-06 22:38:27 UTC
Is the t2 bpo market still worthwhile considering? Im lucky that when I started the smaller scale wins the olex price was nearing a bill so the drop in price is nice
Mireilee Aldes
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2015-01-06 23:12:18 UTC
inb4 tech 2 bpos nerfs. Why not try some capital production?
Cheese Crackers
Malfurion Mining
#5 - 2015-01-06 23:42:20 UTC
I would suggest you throw a decent chunk of that isk into how you experience the game as opposed to buying items worth 10s of billions of isk. With that amount you could easily start up your own corp/alliance. you could go anywhere, try your hand at renting in null or see to taking some sov of your own. build what ever you like out there and get like minded people to help and kill the time with. Or you could stay in hisec and dominate a particular market in whatever area and have fun stomping the competition. My advice would be to use that isk to get the most out of eve for you, and always keep a small amount put away for when you go back to doin some gambling, lord knows i spent my fair share on somer and always went back :P
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#6 - 2015-01-07 00:03:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Sabriz Adoudel
Ask yourself a question. There are no wrong answers to this question.

Do you want to put in a lot of effort to turn your 80b into a trillion or more, or do you just want to mess about in EVE without needing to fear any losses smaller than a dreadnought and without needing to pay sub fees again?

If it's the latter, buy 50 PLEX for personal consumption, and keep the other ~45b for ship expenditure.

If it's the former, formulate goals, a strategy, a business plan, and ask advice in this forum in ways that don't quite provide enough information for rivals to reconstruct your business plan. Or, pay an existing trillionaire with a reputation for secrecy (such as Vaerah Vahroka) to analyze your plan and provide feedback on it.

And finally - stop gambling. Short term anyone can win at gambling. Long term, only the house can. If you can calculate your EV, and the house edge, and still make a dispassionate judgement that a specific bet is positive EV, then and only then is gambling worth your while (for instance, if you have an RL contact at a sporting club that tells you that their best player is injured when this isn't public knowledge, or you know that a popular and electable RL politician is about to be exposed as having had an affair with a teenager, you might have a positive EV betting on that club or politician losing; note that doing this with RL money is illegal in pretty much every jurisdiction that allows betting on sporting or election events).

If you don't have inside information - only the house will win, unless you can exploit arbitrage opportunities between different bookies providing different odds (e.g. if the next AT final is between Goonswarm and TEST, and one bookie has Goons as 3-1 underdogs and another has TEST as 3-1 underdogs, you can profit by betting on both).

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Makhpella
Bad Taste.
#7 - 2015-01-07 17:09:44 UTC
CODE. shares or uncollateralized loans

I think that mostly bad traders would give you their know-how for free. So dont listen to anyone. It seems like plex is exploding, I wonder what happens at weekend.
Ruvin
Bright Side of Death
#8 - 2015-01-08 10:01:16 UTC
Just buy plex

Or a better character , 86 bill can get you a nice character (if you can play the game , a capital pilot is useless for a newbie)

and then plex ))

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#9 - 2015-01-08 15:26:44 UTC
I concur. PLEX is pretty low right now from speculation over the ISBoxer change so it's worth getting in on it now. PLEX price generally always goes up when there's no big changes causing speculation on it's price while the value of isk will generally go down, so it's a fairly safe way to insure your isk retains a better value without having to follow the markets too heavily.

Then again, you could also use it to pay for fanfest tickets if you were planning on going at any point.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Siegfried Cohenberg
Cohenberg's Ethical Hauling
Freighter Friends
#10 - 2015-01-09 09:08:48 UTC
isk is meant to be spent to creat content. Use it to do something you want to do in game. At least keep a plex pile in jita so you're good for subs for a long time. Go buy 200 gank ships or go lose 10 bling pvp ships
Rhatar Khurin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2015-01-12 01:57:18 UTC
I'd just plex you and an alt for as long as you think you might be interested in still playing EVE and spend the rest on shiny things..
Dream Five
Renegade Pleasure Androids
#12 - 2015-01-14 08:01:28 UTC
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
tech 2 bpo
alliance tournament ship
plex your account for 10 years

Stay away from T2 bpos, the roi sucks.