These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

dual carriers escalation, a thing?

Author
Betti Betty
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-01-08 08:22:44 UTC
hi did anyone try to escalate two waves with one thanny and one triage archon/chimera? rough DPS is about 10K but I did not calculate the combined neut. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the information
Peter Moonlight
Suddenly Carebears
#2 - 2015-01-08 08:51:56 UTC
Thanny can do Garrison/Stronghold solo, so if you do a site solo, and then cap up, and warp in archon at 0 or at range w/e you want it's the same thing ISK wise, it just takes more time. Talking about 2 carriers at the same time, I haven't tried it but, you should use some RR between them for sure, not sure if you are planning just to triage one of them, and other one does the dps and keeps the aggro with ECM.
Anyways solo thanny + 2nd carrier at range spawning new sleepers is still more simple then that if you really can't use a solo dread + carrier at range.
Ghenghis Kralj
Big Johnson's
#3 - 2015-01-08 15:22:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Ghenghis Kralj
Terrible idea

I should be more specific. I always ask myself 2 questions when thinking about new stuff: (A) why and (B) how is it better.

So I think I understand the "why" part, but how is it better than running thanny first and then bringing triage or 2nd dps thanny in later?
MooMooDachshundCow
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-01-08 21:41:44 UTC
Yes, with cap/reps in the highs and a decent tank, you could clearly do escalations like that. You could do a standard slowcat setup of sorts and they'd tank fine probably even with T2 fittings. They wouldn't take down the sleepers as quickly as a well placed dread, but they wouldn't have a siege timer either, so...

Yeah, well, it's just like my opinion, man.

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-01-08 22:22:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Miton
no, it's not a thing.
you can run a site with 1 carrier if your name is Keith, you can't run it with 2.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Betti Betty
Doomheim
#6 - 2015-01-09 13:09:17 UTC
Peter Moonlight wrote:
Thanny can do Garrison/Stronghold solo, so if you do a site solo, and then cap up, and warp in archon at 0 or at range w/e you want it's the same thing ISK wise, it just takes more time. Talking about 2 carriers at the same time, I haven't tried it but, you should use some RR between them for sure, not sure if you are planning just to triage one of them, and other one does the dps and keeps the aggro with ECM.
Anyways solo thanny + 2nd carrier at range spawning new sleepers is still more simple then that if you really can't use a solo dread + carrier at range.

with second escalation spawn at the same place as the first one? I did not do solo dread cuz Im afraid if rats run out of range.
Ridvanson
#7 - 2015-01-09 13:31:41 UTC
Betti Betty wrote:
Peter Moonlight wrote:

with second escalation spawn at the same place as the first one? I did not do solo dread cuz Im afraid if rats run out of range.

If you do it right, rats never get out of range. A perfectly skilled moros with a +5% damage implants kills the 8-guardian wave before the rats get out over 30k, which leaves plenty tolerance for fucck up. Naglfar should work too.

And even if you don't manage to kill all of them in time and some enter orbit ... go for 3xtracking computers with tracking scripts + 2 paints + 2 tracking enhancers + max dps and you should still have a better average dps then your carrier
Bhane Celesto
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2015-01-09 15:54:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Bhane Celesto
No it's not.

A single carrier can tank a single wave of guardians, 6 or 8, but never two waves without triage. Even with triage the neuting is horrendous, not entirely certain you'd survive long enough to be bailed out.

You can warp 1 in, preferably a thanatos, clear the first wave except trigger, clear the guardians (have cap refit, they neut 216gj/s which hurts), cap up when the last guardian dies and warp another in to spawn another wave, sure. Can even warp them on grid and have 2x carriers with fighters/drones to speed it up, if you like.

You can warp another 3 capitals in, 1 at a time, clearing the guardians before the next warp. It'll be slow, but you'll also make 2b isk per site, over 4 days... so...
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#9 - 2015-01-09 22:45:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
Its doable (ideally with 2x archon warped in - cap regen implants help a lot - and 2x thanny off grid to assign fully bonused fighters).... but after the first time you'll never want to "doable" it again :S especially if they start chewing on your fighters/sentries. (CV effect or pulsar helps a lot).
Hiljah
Foo Holdings
AL3XAND3R.
#10 - 2015-01-10 05:16:43 UTC
I've done a Archon / Moros / Loki escalation by myself. The Archon boosts armor, the Loki boosts webs. It is scary. The Archon can permanently tank the 6/6 waves. With better skills and better modules I think you could perma tank 6/8, but you will want to try the test server to see what I mean by better skills / fit. Check out Miton's escalation guide for the Archon fit. You will want 2 named local reppers.

I'd go Archon then Thanny, and you will need to be on the ball switching the archon reps / remote reps so you don't waste cap.

I understand why you might want to do this. Losing 2 fully insured carriers wouldn't be like losing the Archon / Moros / Loki, and if you only have 2 accounts...

My guess is that you'll want sentries. The agro is all over the place and I'd bet they will wipe the fighters out. Pull sentries if they get hit, and then throw them back out. You might still lose some but oh well. Optimal is 35km to 40km. You will be surprised how long it takes.

With the traffic in w-space these days though, you'll want to do it during off hours.
Betti Betty
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-01-10 07:26:51 UTC
Hiljah wrote:
I've done a Archon / Moros / Loki escalation by myself. The Archon boosts armor, the Loki boosts webs. It is scary. The Archon can permanently tank the 6/6 waves. With better skills and better modules I think you could perma tank 6/8, but you will want to try the test server to see what I mean by better skills / fit. Check out Miton's escalation guide for the Archon fit. You will want 2 named local reppers.

I'd go Archon then Thanny, and you will need to be on the ball switching the archon reps / remote reps so you don't waste cap.

I understand why you might want to do this. Losing 2 fully insured carriers wouldn't be like losing the Archon / Moros / Loki, and if you only have 2 accounts...

My guess is that you'll want sentries. The agro is all over the place and I'd bet they will wipe the fighters out. Pull sentries if they get hit, and then throw them back out. You might still lose some but oh well. Optimal is 35km to 40km. You will be surprised how long it takes.

With the traffic in w-space these days though, you'll want to do it during off hours.

Nice layout of information, i appreciate it.

I've tried solo thanny for a while and it works, you can refer to LZHX's video. Sentries got wiped out instantly but fighters can survive under guardians. so I really need to test the solo trio in SISI first :)

big thanks!
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#12 - 2015-01-10 17:10:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
Hiljah wrote:

The average applied dps on a sleepless guardian from say an archon with max skill, no drone mods and a full 10 sentries is in the region of 380dps so you'd be there for like an hour and a half.

Fighter survivability is a bit luck of the draw, some days they'll get eaten other days they are almost entirely ignored :S (depends a bit on what smaller sleepers are in site as they are a closer match for their preferred target by sig radius). With a single sensor booster on the carrier though you can usually lock and rep your fighters but its a very hands on intensive and now and again some will get alpha'd.
Hiljah
Foo Holdings
AL3XAND3R.
#13 - 2015-01-10 18:16:48 UTC
Betti Betty wrote:

Nice layout of information, i appreciate it.

I've tried solo thanny for a while and it works, you can refer to LZHX's video. Sentries got wiped out instantly but fighters can survive under guardians. so I really need to test the solo trio in SISI first :)

big thanks!

Thank you, it's good to know you can use fighters, and you're comfortable soloing a wave.
You won't need to triage and will have extra dps for the second wave. I may have to try this.

Rroff wrote:

The average applied dps on a sleepless guardian from say an archon with max skill, no drone mods and a full 10 sentries is in the region of 380dps so you'd be there for like an hour and a half.

I was assuming a triage archon and a dps thanny, where the thanny had just enough hardness to keep the archon from working too hard, but soloing the first wave and duoing then second makes way more sense. I'd still put triage on one of them just in case.
O'nira
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#14 - 2015-01-10 18:48:25 UTC
i would suggest a dread and carrier, you can do 2waves in 1 siege cycle and it will take so much less time and be so much more profitable.

the dread needs somewhat high skills for it to work like t2 siege and so on
Hiljah
Foo Holdings
AL3XAND3R.
#15 - 2015-01-10 19:07:42 UTC
Betti Betty wrote:

so I really need to test the solo trio in SISI first :)

If you try a achron / loki / moros, you should know there are a couple modifications to Miton's guide. The loki uses the boosting sub (for web range) so it's not as tanky. It uses vampires to siphon off the carrier (mix of small and medium), because the carrier drops a cap transfer for an armor boost. My setup was minimum pimped and mostly level 4 skill, so you should be able to make it less almost-going-to-die but I'd still recommend as many name reppers as you can afford.
Betti Betty
Doomheim
#16 - 2015-01-10 20:57:32 UTC
Hiljah wrote:
Betti Betty wrote:

If you try a achron / loki / moros, you should know there are a couple modifications to Miton's guide. The loki uses the boosting sub (for web range) so it's not as tanky. It uses vampires to siphon off the carrier (mix of small and medium), because the carrier drops a cap transfer for an armor boost. My setup was minimum pimped and mostly level 4 skill, so you should be able to make it less almost-going-to-die but I'd still recommend as many name reppers as you can afford.

oh interesting method, i can do 4 boxes just fine but triple can really save a lot pain. I think web boosting sub does not affect tank or slots on loki?
Betti Betty
Doomheim
#17 - 2015-01-10 20:59:01 UTC
O'nira wrote:
i would suggest a dread and carrier, you can do 2waves in 1 siege cycle and it will take so much less time and be so much more profitable.

the dread needs somewhat high skills for it to work like t2 siege and so on

Will try after I got enough ISk to welp a capital combo :) yeah
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#18 - 2015-01-10 21:21:19 UTC
Betti Betty wrote:
Hiljah wrote:
Betti Betty wrote:

oh interesting method, i can do 4 boxes just fine but triple can really save a lot pain. I think web boosting sub does not affect tank or slots on loki?

I think the inference was the loki runs the skirmish link for web range which means using the warfare sub-system over the armour bonused defence sub-system.
Hiljah
Foo Holdings
AL3XAND3R.
#19 - 2015-01-11 04:09:26 UTC
Rroff wrote:
Betti Betty wrote:
Hiljah wrote:
Betti Betty wrote:

I think the inference was the loki runs the skirmish link for web range which means using the warfare sub-system over the armour bonused defence sub-system.

Sorry yes that is the correct inference. If you can do 4, use the fourth as a booster. The armor resist boost from the archon will be weak and higher resist will give your moros more time, plus your archon pilot can train other stuff besides boosting.
Betti Betty
Doomheim
#20 - 2015-01-11 06:01:49 UTC
Hiljah wrote:
Rroff wrote:
Betti Betty wrote:
Hiljah wrote:
Betti Betty wrote:

Sorry yes that is the correct inference. If you can do 4, use the fourth as a booster. The armor resist boost from the archon will be weak and higher resist will give your moros more time, plus your archon pilot can train other stuff besides boosting.

so the moros is armor tank?
12Next page