These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Hoarder or clean freak?

First post
Author
Man Milk
Ugly Duckling Inc
#1 - 2015-01-11 02:47:13 UTC
Every kill, every mission/site and every festive season more stuff makes your assets swell.
Do you stuff that junk in your trunk or simply shoot your load in the faces of buyers for quick easy cash?

'Fail we may. Sail we must.'

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#2 - 2015-01-11 02:53:08 UTC
Last time I looked I had almost 21 billion ISK worth of loot spread around Gal/Cal FW space.

I don't hoard by design. I just can't be bothered hauling it to sell. I'd rather keep pvping. So almost every station in the warzone has something in it that I've picked up from a wreck at some point (including from my own wrecks).
Alastair Ormand
Mine all the things
#3 - 2015-01-11 03:32:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Alastair Ormand
I like to keep my assets tab relatively neat and do go around picking up stuff occasionally.

P.S I like to collect Velators.

I discourage running with scissors.

Vector Symian
0 Fear
#4 - 2015-01-11 03:50:09 UTC
I will also deliberately miss the intention behind the post and continue as if it was serious...

Their is plenty of junk in my trunk Man Milk
Serene Repose
#5 - 2015-01-11 10:39:35 UTC
Uhm...look. It's a game. As such, every bit of it can count for or against. It's a lot like chess. Pieces can be assets or cumbersome depending how they're managed. Overlooking things is the culprit behind all major losses. It's also a source of drag on one's forward movement. I view resource management as one of the chores of digital gaming.

As everyone has said (and will say) accumulating stuff happens as a matter of course. Sifting through it, pulling value from it, or dealing with it in one way or another is as inevitable. I just like to keep the job as easy and productive as I can. Then, I tend to be a "leave no stone unturned" kind of gal.

I feel kind of dumb buying something I already have, if you know what I mean. I feel kind of annoyed rifling through a mountain of things to find a thing. Time is money, so they say, and they also say "neatness counts." From experience I know it does. I don't relish the time and labor it takes to keep up with this. However, I do love the position it puts me in to be ahead of the...stuff.

And, that's what it's really all about, right...STUFF??

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#6 - 2015-01-12 11:15:45 UTC
Man Milk wrote:
Every kill, every mission/site and every festive season more stuff makes your assets swell.
Do you stuff that junk in your trunk or simply shoot your load in the faces of buyers for quick easy cash?

Every kill I make.
Every mission I take.
Every site I break, festive season cake, I'll be hoarding you.

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

VaIefar Drekavac
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2015-01-12 11:54:22 UTC
Grauth Thorner wrote:
Man Milk wrote:

Every kill I make.
Every mission I take.
Every site I break, festive season cake, I'll be hoarding you.

That melody.

Anyway, sometimes I just "trash" stuff if I press alt-T and notice there are way too many tabs..
I'm pretty low on isk (only got about 40-ish mill) and don't really "make" much profit (still trying to figure out things).. but I just can't stand it when you look at your assets and there's just too much of it.

Either just throw it at the first buyer, or just trash it if I'm not in said station. Anything lower than 1m isk has to go. I may make exemptions for anything closer than 5j.

CrouchingTiger HiddenIbis
Doomheim
#8 - 2015-01-12 11:56:24 UTC
Neat and tidy for me.

I only ever keep what i need for what i'm currently doing.

Not so rich that i can have stock of everything i need for pve/pvp etc.

Cash helps me be flexible.
Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-01-12 12:21:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Aralyn Cormallen
My asset tab is kept military-clean. 5 years in the game and I have assets in only four stations on this character.

An alt has assets in one of the same stations as this char and in one seperate station, my supercap alt has no assets outside his ship anywhere, my neutral highsec alt in three more (and I should probably tidy one of them up), and my two alts-in-progress only at the (same) school station they are sat in - that is a total of all my game assets for 6 character on two accounts over only 9 stations!

And in all those stations, with the exception of Jita for my neutral alt, and this characters main staging system, everything is ordered in cans for quick locating on anything.

I'm not OCD, honest Shocked

EDIT - If I've docked a pod at a new station, I'll go so far as trash the noobship before undocking (and in some occasions, I do this even if I'm logging out there, and definitely before jump-cloning out, knowing full-well a new noobship will be spawned when I log back in or jumpclone back there. Maybe there is something wrong with me Sad)
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#10 - 2015-01-12 12:51:48 UTC
I go through periodic spats of hoarding , then clearing (usually prompted by needing isk).

We recently changed base of operations , and I made "Lord" status so I had plenty of crap to move, I'm still consolidating the big usefull stuff but iv heaps of crap lying around in spots I'm never gonna be around so my assets tab is a mess .

Getting there though.
Frank Millar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-01-12 12:58:13 UTC
I was a hoarder once, but not anymore. Although I might check for meta 4 and higher, ofcourse.
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2015-01-12 13:17:13 UTC
I try to put some order to the chaos using containers and such. But even then, the amount of junk I have that I just don't want to part with is pretty big. And last year's christmas presents aren't helping. What am I supposed to do with that crap.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#13 - 2015-01-12 13:32:11 UTC
Clean freak.

Not today spaghetti.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#14 - 2015-01-12 13:32:18 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
I try to put some order to the chaos using containers and such. But even then, the amount of junk I have that I just don't want to part with is pretty big. And last year's christmas presents aren't helping. What am I supposed to do with that crap.

Put it in it's own "random crap" container.
Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2015-01-12 13:32:39 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
And last year's christmas presents aren't helping. What am I supposed to do with that crap.

Every time we get flavour-items I put one in the hold of every ship I fly (appropriate to what I use it for if possible); sooner or later they all disappear in the the ether, with the added benefit I can tell the age of a ship by how many fluff items it has in the cargo hold (my carrier sports a Santas little helper, a Fedo, and now a dose of Jump-fatigue cure
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#16 - 2015-01-12 13:59:18 UTC
I'm the proud owner of a large amount of assorted goods in over a thousand stations strewn across New Eden.

And that is only on on one of my characters....Twisted

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Solecist Project
#17 - 2015-01-12 14:49:37 UTC
Definitely a hoarder.

Most of the times when I have to undress ...
... don't actually bother dressing up again until I'm back home.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2015-01-12 15:44:15 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Last time I looked I had almost 21 billion ISK worth of loot spread around Gal/Cal FW space.

I don't hoard by design. I just can't be bothered hauling it to sell. I'd rather keep pvping. So almost every station in the warzone has something in it that I've picked up from a wreck at some point (including from my own wrecks).

Start fitting items to ships you have already?
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#19 - 2015-01-12 16:45:33 UTC
I throw it all in a station container and forget about it until the pointless junk fairy visits again, then I check the prices just in case any of it has become worth the effort to sell.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

T8497
Torgue
#20 - 2015-01-12 16:55:42 UTC
Hodor!

At this point I can't be arsed to **** with CCP's stupid market mechanics.....so ~137 stations holding billions of isk worth of my stuff forever is how it's going to be.
12Next page