These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Captcha for Gates, bots, inputduplication

First post First post
Author
Paranoid Loyd
#21 - 2015-01-10 19:28:16 UTC
There is already a thread for this.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2015-01-10 20:14:41 UTC
No, I know of players who have vision issues to the point that this would leave them stuck in one system for hours.

They still play but captcha is . . .well just a bad idea.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Ben Ishikela
#23 - 2015-01-10 23:50:51 UTC
Close this damn thread already! Or lock or delete it. Saves trouble.

I did not read about captchas a lot, when i posted OP. They were still used, so i thought they serve purpose. As i informed myself more, I see now that 90% can be solved by machines and better than by humans. So there is no benefit. It even makes things worse.
Did i want to hurt players? no!
just did not see or know enough. Well, i clicked my own google link and read.
The eve comunity is good at supporting.... not. Well, i guess i like to spray the hornet's nest with cold water to get some action.
Anyway, what i learned is that i will read more about the tools that i am going to use before letting anyone know. Safes trouble.
Question remains: when do make a move and ask ......

To be clear: I do not want captchas anymore. They do not support what i wanted.
----------------------

Ideas are like Seeds. I'd chop fullgrown trees to start a fire.

Foxicity
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-01-11 00:11:43 UTC
Ben Ishikela wrote:

I did not read about captchas a lot, when i posted OP. They were still used, so i thought they serve purpose. As i informed myself more, I see now that 90% can be solved by machines and better than by humans. So there is no benefit. It even makes things worse.
The eve comunity is good at supporting.... not. Well, i guess i like to spray the hornet's nest with cold water to get some action.
Anyway, what i learned is that i will read more about the tools that i am going to use before letting anyone know. Safes trouble.

----------------------

Don't worry about it. You'll get better at ideas and gauging people's responses to them by reading, replying, and posting here. Well, it's not a guarantee, but it could happen Blink
Nicholass Charante
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#25 - 2015-01-11 01:04:20 UTC
You posted it in the wrong thread, try this one

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=272809
Maria Dragoon
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2015-01-11 02:25:54 UTC
just wanted to put this here, because people like to use what such and such is google it, I think it time for people to learn how to use the search function on the threads, in fact it so popular, let me google your suggestion.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eve+online+captcha

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. Confucius

"A man who talks to people who aren't real is crazy. A man who talks to people who aren't real and writes down what they say is an author."

Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#27 - 2015-01-11 03:03:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Concord Guy's Cousin
Ben Ishikela wrote:

----------------------

The Eve community are good at supporting ideas, when they are well researched and haven't been hashed over multiple times in the past. We've seen ideas of every kind, repeatedly; we tend to get a tad jaded when we see the same tired old bad ideas repeated time and time again.

ISD LackOfFaith ~ "Your Catalyst was a hamster, and your Retriever smelt of elderberries"

NPC Forum Alt, because reasons.

FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#28 - 2015-01-11 09:50:32 UTC
you are aware right of the whole ISBoxxer ban thing?

Also Go die in a fire... I'm a human being and i have issues reading those things some of the time
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2015-01-11 13:15:14 UTC
this bad idea has been suggested over and over... it's game breaking. sure there are times when there are long periods of slowness but when but then there are some times when every click and second counts; I can't imagine anything worse for the game then to have captcha popping up when you are trying to run a gate camp blockaid or hit reppers to save a falling corpmates ship.

no thank you. -1

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Lugh Crow-Slave
#30 - 2015-01-11 13:21:51 UTC
FireFrenzy wrote:
you are aware right of the whole ISBoxxer ban thing?

Also Go die in a fire... I'm a human being and i have issues reading those things some of the time

I'm sure he's not because there wasn't one why don't you go out and inform yourself
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#31 - 2015-01-11 18:26:19 UTC
Locked at OP's request.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Previous page12