These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

CONCORD and suicide ganking questions

Author
Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-01-09 14:25:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Concord Guy's Cousin
For the most part Concord won't touch anybody, regardless of sec status, unless they have a criminal flag (see caveat below).

Faction Police chase down people with low enough sec status or standings but are for the most part escapable (see caveat below).

If you're in Concord Space, the Faction Police are Concord, normal Concord rules apply, evasion results in the ban hammer being wielded.

ISD LackOfFaith ~ "Your Catalyst was a hamster, and your Retriever smelt of elderberries"

NPC Forum Alt, because reasons.

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#22 - 2015-01-09 14:41:39 UTC
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
I jsut realised... you look really familiar.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#23 - 2015-01-09 15:11:32 UTC
Concord Guy's Cousin wrote:
For the most part Concord won't touch anybody, regardless of sec status, unless they have a criminal flag (see caveat below).

Faction Police chase down people with low enough sec status or standings but are for the most part escapable (see caveat below).

If you're in Concord Space, the Faction Police are Concord, normal Concord rules apply, evasion results in the ban hammer being wielded.

No, they changed that two years ago.
Faction police mechanics apply now.

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#24 - 2015-01-09 15:24:42 UTC
Crumplecorn wrote:
I jsut realised... you look really familiar.

Really? I thought my avatar is unique Straight
Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#25 - 2015-01-09 20:26:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Concord Guy's Cousin
Sol Project wrote:

If that's the case then what I posted is a fairly common misconception, I don't suppose you've got a link to the relevant Dev blog have you? I've done a quick search and found nothing.

ISD LackOfFaith ~ "Your Catalyst was a hamster, and your Retriever smelt of elderberries"

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#26 - 2015-01-09 20:37:31 UTC
Sol Project wrote:

If that's the case then what I posted is a fairly common misconception, I don't suppose you've got a link to the relevant Dev blog have you? I've done a quick search and found nothing.

Just ask your cousin

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#27 - 2015-01-09 20:39:45 UTC
Sol Project wrote:

I would guess it is a one line patch note, as it looks like concord controls all of 8 systems, mostly in the gallente/amarr border systems. If I had a low sec status character I'd be tempted to go test it out right now but alas I've been "nice" lately.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Solecist Project
#28 - 2015-01-09 20:41:01 UTC
Sol Project wrote:

It's very common, like many things regarding CONCORD/GCC/-5/etc.

The best I came up with is a post I made myself, on reddit,
where I state that this got changed with the Retribution release.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/1kv5vd/consequences_of_50/cbubq38

I don't even recall it ... but it's definitely me. :p
Feels weird. xD

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Paranoid Loyd
#29 - 2015-01-09 20:42:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Confirming the changes Sol speaks of were not officially documented.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Bing Bangboom
DAMAG Safety Commission
#30 - 2015-01-09 22:23:36 UTC
At www.minerbumping.com there is a GANK link that describes training a gank pilot, fitting the ships, dealing with CONCORD, setting up targets and dealing with White Knights.

Everyone is invited to participate in New Order ganking. You don't have to be a member of CODE. to fly in our fleets. People from Anti-ganking aren't but they don't usually want to because they have "principles" and "honor".

Highsec is worth fighting for.

By choosing to mine in New Order systems, highsec miners have agreed to follow the New Halaima Code of Conduct.  www.minerbumping.com

Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#31 - 2015-01-10 01:36:14 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Sol Project wrote:

It's very common, like many things regarding CONCORD/GCC/-5/etc.

The best I came up with is a post I made myself, on reddit,
where I state that this got changed with the Retribution release.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/1kv5vd/consequences_of_50/cbubq38

I don't even recall it ... but it's definitely me. :p
Feels weird. xD

Heh I learn something new every day, thanks for the correction.Smile

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#32 - 2015-01-10 02:20:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Ima Wreckyou
Hello OP

I will gladly answer all your questions.

1) CONCORD will warp away as soon as they are needed anywhere else in the system. So it is usually a good tactic after a gank to dock at a station and undock in a noob ship to draw CONCORD away from the ice belt or wherever you ganked.

Here are some minebumping articles of the topic:
http://www.minerbumping.com/2012/12/ganking-101-concord-manipulation.html
http://www.minerbumping.com/2012/12/brapelille-concord-disposal.html

If you need the concrete numbers for the CONCORD response times, then Tippas blog has a nice page about that:
http://blog.beyondreality.se/TTK-CONCORD

2) If more than one player aggresses, then the CONCORD squads in system will warp to the aggressor. If there are more aggressors than Squads in the system, new Squads will spawn. Every player will get one squad. The players who aggressed early and get a pre-spawned squad will die last do to the ~6s bonus time you get for pre-spawned squads (see the links in 1).

3 ,4 + 5) The Faction Police will hunt you. There are some good tactics to avoid getting caught and reach your target:

http://www.minerbumping.com/2012/12/ganking-101-dealing-with-faction-police.html

Fore the general fit we use to gank check my killboard or the CODE. killboard :-)

And some additional stuff you may need to know to find a target:
http://www.minerbumping.com/2012/12/ganking-101-fleet-commanding.html
http://www.minerbumping.com/2013/01/ganking-101-scouting.html

It is certainly fun to gank solo, and in my opinion every ganker should start killing some stuff allone. This way it does not get boring if no gank fleet is running. And solo ganking is very nice for people who play casually. You can just logon, kill some stuff and logoff again.

However, ganking in a fleet and hitting big targets is fun too. CODE. is a very friendly bunch of gankers and we welcome new players who are interested in the profession. It is usually good to have some reference ganks on your killboard already. But you don't have to be the expert, you will learn the profession from some of our best gankers if you join. The corp you should apply too is New Order Logistics.

Even if you don't join CODE. and start an independent career as a ganker, make sure you join the minerbumping channel ingame. There are a lot of friendly players in there who will happily answer your questions.

I am looking forward to see the tears of your enemies on the forums Blink

Have fun
Ima Wreckyou
Agent of the New Order
Tear Jar
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#33 - 2015-01-10 02:52:15 UTC
I've got a couple of questions for experienced pilots. I didn't believe that I would say this, but CODE. replies are more than welcome (since they have the most experience in this matter) Smile

Anyway:

1) How long does CONCORD stay on the grid and does that time depend on the security status of the system?

2) As far as I know, CONCORD spawns per one player aggression. Each player will "get" their own CONCORD squad unless CONCORD is already on the grid. Is this correct?

3) If you are -10.00 does CONCORD hunt you in highsec or faction police?

4) There are ships and fits that allows you to board a ship and manage to warp to your ganking destination (belt, gate, station) before NPCs that are supposed to hunt you can catch you allowing you to perform the gank even if you are -10.00. Is this correct?

5) Is there a well written description of tactics used to perform ganks as a -10.00 (like a guide for us "noobs" in this area of EVE)? Some blog post describing life and challenges of a -10.00 ganker? Or maybe informative videos?

DISCLAIMER:
Please, I don't want to start a flame war and discuss "morality" of suicide ganks. As far as I'm concerned suicide ganks are part of the game. I just want some insight into game mechanics that I don't have much experience with. Thanks Smile

1. Concord stays until downtime or until pulled elsewhere. The easiest way to deal with this is to get into a rookie ship after you have ganked(during the 15 minute criminal timer). Concord will come running straight towards your location and away from the belt(unless there are multiple Concord spawns up in system, which will only happen if multiple people gank at once).

2. Yes.

3. Faction police

4. You can pull this off on almost any ship. Faction police are nice enough to web you before they attack, so you will warp out.

5. http://www.minerbumping.com/p/blog-page.html
Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#34 - 2015-01-10 07:21:56 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Sol Project wrote:

Just ask your cousin

I did, but despite his angry posturing about ghost sites Angry Concord Guy is just a lowly grunt with a chiselled jawline, who works in PR.

Serene Repose
#35 - 2015-01-10 10:38:28 UTC
"...perform ganks...." WoW has finally come into its own. Shocked

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Previous page12