These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

CONCORD and suicide ganking questions

Author
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#1 - 2015-01-09 10:31:18 UTC
I've got a couple of questions for experienced pilots. I didn't believe that I would say this, but CODE. replies are more than welcome (since they have the most experience in this matter) Smile

Anyway:

1) How long does CONCORD stay on the grid and does that time depend on the security status of the system?

2) As far as I know, CONCORD spawns per one player aggression. Each player will "get" their own CONCORD squad unless CONCORD is already on the grid. Is this correct?

3) If you are -10.00 does CONCORD hunt you in highsec or faction police?

4) There are ships and fits that allows you to board a ship and manage to warp to your ganking destination (belt, gate, station) before NPCs that are supposed to hunt you can catch you allowing you to perform the gank even if you are -10.00. Is this correct?

5) Is there a well written description of tactics used to perform ganks as a -10.00 (like a guide for us "noobs" in this area of EVE)? Some blog post describing life and challenges of a -10.00 ganker? Or maybe informative videos?

DISCLAIMER:
Please, I don't want to start a flame war and discuss "morality" of suicide ganks. As far as I'm concerned suicide ganks are part of the game. I just want some insight into game mechanics that I don't have much experience with. Thanks Smile
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#2 - 2015-01-09 10:48:10 UTC
1) concord stays on grid until they need to respond elsewhere in system, or downtime removes them. one of my tactics was gank in one spot, then gank in a different spot, so you can run another gank in the first spot.

2) that was correct, haven't done a multipilot gank in a while though. not sure if more or less concord responds now a days. Also not really familiar with ganks with concord already on grid, see point 1.

3) faction police, although where CONCORD has sov their police chase you, not sure if that causes a full on CONCORD response or if there are weaker concord npcs that show up. Reportedly it used to cause a criminal timer, but I never tested it out.

4) there are, but I always just flew around highsec and ignored the faction police, with most gank ships they will warp before the faction police even do anything. For a while I ganked right out of the main station in jita. For most of the rest of my ganking (at least the ganking with -10 sec) I flew all my ships out of a lowsec base and just jumped into highsec and warped right to my target thanks to a friend/alt provided warp in spot.

5) probably but I don't have any info on it.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Siegfried Cohenberg
Cohenberg's Ethical Hauling
Freighter Friends
#3 - 2015-01-09 10:58:37 UTC
1. once concord is spawned they stay until downtime
2. yes
3. Faction police will chase -5 and below players.
4. what.
5. The standard strategy is to only undock when your scout alt is in position to give your gank alt a warp in to the target. Undock -> warp to target

If you want some hands on experience with ganking please contact me in game
Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-01-09 11:00:35 UTC
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:

5) Is there a well written description of tactics used to perform ganks as a -10.00 (like a guide for us "noobs" in this area of EVE)? Some blog post describing life and challenges of a -10.00 ganker? Or maybe informative videos?

One of the few decent pieces Gevlon Goblin wrote. It got me into ganking. http://greedygoblin.blogspot.nl/2013/08/catalyst-ganking-guide.html

Some things might be out of date concerning EHP but that can easily be calculated with Eve Fitting Tool.

Enjoy your hunting! Big smile
Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#5 - 2015-01-09 11:02:46 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
3) faction police, although where CONCORD has sov their police chase you, not sure if that causes a full on CONCORD response or if there are weaker concord npcs that show up. Reportedly it used to cause a criminal timer, but I never tested it out.
Afaik it depends, if you're talking about -10 security status then concord will chase you (and the sentries will attack). If you're talking about -10 standings towards, for instance Amarr, then the Amarr faction police will chase you (and I guess that sentries will leave you alone).

Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

4) there are, but I always just flew around highsec and ignored the faction police, with most gank ships they will warp before the faction police even do anything. For a while I ganked right out of the main station in jita. For most of the rest of my ganking (at least the ganking with -10 sec) I flew all my ships out of a lowsec base and just jumped into highsec and warped right to my target thanks to a friend/alt provided warp in spot.
There are, biggest ship I've tried this with is a destroyer with -10 security status. It's all about align time for this matter and surviving the few shots sentries might get on you. This was however a few years ago but I suppose it hasn't changed yet.

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#6 - 2015-01-09 11:06:38 UTC
Siegfried Cohenberg wrote:

If you want some hands on experience with ganking please contact me in game

I might do that, but not in the next couple of weeks (switching jobs and cities at the moment so it's a bit chaotic in RL Smile). I'll keep learning what I can by reading in the meantime.

Meilandra Vanderganken wrote:

One of the few decent pieces Gevlon Goblin wrote. It got me into ganking. http://greedygoblin.blogspot.nl/2013/08/catalyst-ganking-guide.html

Some things might be out of date concerning EHP but that can easily be calculated with Eve Fitting Tool.

Enjoy your hunting! Big smile

THANKS Big smile It looks like a very good guide.
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#7 - 2015-01-09 11:07:52 UTC
Grauth Thorner wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Afaik it depends, if you're talking about -10 security status then concord will chase you (and the sentries will attack). If you're talking about -10 standings towards, for instance Amarr, then the Amarr faction police will chase you (and I guess that sentries will leave you alone).

I was thinking about sec status.
Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#8 - 2015-01-09 11:18:54 UTC
Grauth Thorner wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

Yeah that's what I thought, someone would have to verify this/clear this up though since I'm not 100% sure

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

Dominique Vasilkovsky
#9 - 2015-01-09 11:21:56 UTC
Grauth Thorner wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

If you are an outlaw Concord will not shoot you unless you are in Concord sov.

It is the faction police that will hunt you down if you are an outlaw, and if you are an outlaw they will point you as well if you stay on grid for too long. If you have low faction standing the faction police will never point you unless you jump in to a spawn created by an outlaw at which point you get the same treatment as an outlaw.
Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-01-09 11:28:31 UTC

THANKS Big smile It looks like a very good guide.

It's pretty decent if it can turn a lazy slacker like myself into a relatively succesful ganker, that's for sure. Lol
Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#11 - 2015-01-09 11:46:50 UTC
5.) No there isn't. You either go fun mode and stay outside, (I can teach a few things),
or do it like the carebears (literally everyone else), play easymode,
whine about the factionpolice, use scouts and only ever undock when you strike.

If you like not actually playing, you go the route of the carebears.

Inb4 whiners whining about their playstyle... like carebears.

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#12 - 2015-01-09 11:51:48 UTC
Sol Project wrote:
5.) No there isn't. You either go fun mode and stay outside, (I can teach a few things),
or do it like the carebears (literally everyone else), play easymode,
whine about the factionpolice, use scouts and only ever undock when you strike.

If you like not actually playing, you go the route of the carebears.

Inb4 whiners whining about their playstyle... like carebears.

I'm a programmer and I like to learn the rules just to see the ways I can use them, bend them or find edge cases. But to do that I have to learn the basics, preferably from people with a lot of experience. Learning about some advanced tactics is also useful so I don't have to "invent the hot water" Blink
Sol Project
#13 - 2015-01-09 11:53:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Sol Project
Then I suggest flying with me ...
... avoiding the others.

Can you fly a thrasher? I don't really do catalyst or miner ganking.
That's what all the carebears do anyway.

Why the sudden interest?

And the spawning of suicide ganking threads anyway...

Reality is what you make of it, hu?

Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2015-01-09 12:21:33 UTC

3) If you are -10.00 does CONCORD hunt you in highsec or faction police?

4) There are ships and fits that allows you to board a ship and manage to warp to your ganking destination (belt, gate, station) before NPCs that are supposed to hunt you can catch you allowing you to perform the gank even if you are -10.00. Is this correct?

I've done very little suicide ganking, but done plenty of running around with negative sec status Oops

3 - Concord only intervenes in systems of Concord sov. There aren't many (I believe Yulai is one?), but something to be wary of.

4 - I've easily run combat-fit cruisers (a Tengu last time) past faction police, and this may be old information (it has been a year since I've seen it personally), but the always used to web first and then scram, meaning you get a bit of help getting out before its all over (I have been webbed in to warp by them a couple of times this way). Anything Battlecruiser or above is likely boned, but if you are paying attention (and a player doesn't pitch in), anything under and fit for fast-align is mostly safe.
Sol Project
#15 - 2015-01-09 12:29:17 UTC
They still web first.

Battleships are fine too, just a nice thrill when using gates.
Moved around in a Rokh in 0.7 just fine.

The mechanics aren't that much of a problem, really.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#16 - 2015-01-09 13:25:30 UTC
Sol Project wrote:
They still web first.

Battleships are fine too, just a nice thrill when using gates.
Moved around in a Rokh in 0.7 just fine.

The mechanics aren't that much of a problem, really.

Exactly this, provided you keep warping from book Mark to book Mark without showboating anywhere you can move wherever you like and stay in system for as long as you like.
you might be in trouble if someone decided to point you thought, if you're not in something that can defend itself then the facpo will **** you up in short order.
Sol Project
#17 - 2015-01-09 13:31:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Sol Project
Yeah.

The threat only exists in the head of the carebear gankers.

There are tons of ways how to deal with them,
(Including banworthy ones I bugreport like a good player does O:)
lots of things people can do as -10 in highsec
and one always finds someone to shoot you.

As simple example of what can be done ... Solecist is below -5,
yesterday she spent five minutes in a 1.0 scanning down the hole to Thera.

No biggy at all.

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#18 - 2015-01-09 13:42:07 UTC
Sol Project wrote:
or do it like the carebears (literally everyone else)
Watch out guys, we got a badass over here.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Sol Project
#19 - 2015-01-09 13:50:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Sol Project
Crumplecorn wrote:
Sol Project wrote:

Comparatively speaking... yeah, that's the case.

Inb4 Ima Wreckyou with her typically clueless, manipulative, passive aggressive raging. ^_^

Thanks for pointing it out, Grumpycorn.

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#20 - 2015-01-09 14:05:10 UTC
Sol Project wrote:
Crumplecorn wrote:
Sol Project wrote:

Comparatively speaking... yeah, that's the case.

Inb4 Ima Wreckyou with her typically clueless, manipulative, passive aggressive raging. ^_^

Thanks for pointing it out, Grumpycorn.
I was grumpy, but you've given me a good laugh. Thanks for that.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

12Next page