These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jump Freighters prices

Author
Faidra Risalo
Lovelace Industries
Disaster Strikes
#1 - 2015-01-02 15:54:10 UTC
At the moment it seems that building JFs is highly unprofitable, due to the raise ofd the materials and the market lag of the final product price.
Where do you think the price will settle, especially now that most of the freighter teams have retired?
Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.
#2 - 2015-01-02 16:29:48 UTC
my guess., 20b

@JerryTPepridge

Faidra Risalo
Lovelace Industries
Disaster Strikes
#3 - 2015-01-02 16:46:25 UTC
oh great i should go out there and buy all the JFs around, sure profit, thank you bud
Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.
#4 - 2015-01-02 17:09:05 UTC
Faidra Risalo wrote:
oh great i should go out there and buy all the JFs around, sure profit, thank you bud

ask a stupid question, get a ..........

@JerryTPepridge

Faidra Risalo
Lovelace Industries
Disaster Strikes
#5 - 2015-01-02 17:19:56 UTC
Current building costs for JFs are as follows
Ark 6.9B
Nomad 7,1B
Rhea 7,3B
Anshar 7,7B

Jita prices are by far below that apart from the Nomad, whats the stupid point in asking how much you guys believe market will take to adjust to this...
Makhpella
Bad Taste.
#6 - 2015-01-02 19:20:54 UTC
like a month or two ago, a guy here predicted them to go to 8b, I guess hes gonna make some ISK
Alexi Stokov
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-01-03 00:08:50 UTC
Faidra Risalo wrote:
At the moment it seems that building JFs is highly unprofitable, due to the raise ofd the materials and the market lag of the final product price.
Where do you think the price will settle, especially now that most of the freighter teams have retired?

How much under the build cost are they selling for?
Faidra Risalo
Lovelace Industries
Disaster Strikes
#8 - 2015-01-03 00:11:30 UTC
Around 500mil
Awkward Pi Duolus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2015-01-03 06:48:19 UTC
You may find this thread helpful:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5158776#post5158776

Make sure you account for Thukker low sec component manufacturing, and teams, when you come up with current JF prices.

With teams going away, you can expect up to a 5% appreciation.

Also, have a look at the 6 month chart. You'll see that there are periodic spikes in price where you can make a few hundred mils more than usual. They won't tell you when it'll happen, but if you can afford to be patient, they will happen again.

Good luck!
Marcus Tedric
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2015-01-03 23:35:50 UTC
I was curious - so went and updated some prices (as I haven't for this in a while - for I didn't think anything had particularly changed)...

Taking the, apparently, most expensive - the Anshar - I plugged in the numbers and got about 6.6b. How do you get 7.7b?

Don't soil your panties, you guys made a good point, we'll look at the numbers again. - CCP Ytterbium

Awkward Pi Duolus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2015-01-04 05:20:42 UTC
Marcus Tedric wrote:
I was curious - so went and updated some prices (as I haven't for this in a while - for I didn't think anything had particularly changed)...

Taking the, apparently, most expensive - the Anshar - I plugged in the numbers and got about 6.6b. How do you get 7.7b?

Those were the spot prices in Jita on the date I made the post. You can check market history logs for more details.
Marcus Tedric
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2015-01-04 11:54:06 UTC
Awkward Pi Duolus wrote:
Marcus Tedric wrote:

Those were the spot prices in Jita on the date I made the post. You can check market history logs for more details.

Thank you. I did update 'old' prices that were, in fact, around the time of your post - although an examination of market history would have made it more accurate.

That said, I also thought about it whilst falling asleep...

- firstly, if someone makes all the elements (less moon mins) of a JF at a factory station with a very high index (and thus building costs), then it would be very easy to bridge the gap and have the JF building cost severely ramp up. One reason I was happy to look around and move production for Obelisk/Anshars to the cheapest station locally when I did it

- secondly, however, there is also a likely significant reduction (by orders of magnitude) by building at a POS (and thus no NPC 10% factor), let alone the 2% + 2% component reductions. This factor alone could produce the sell order disparity you see. The invention process can also be done at a POS and reduce that factor too.

Having quickly done the maths - you can still only build a JF every 17-18 days at a POS once all components are assembled (8 days min); 23-24 in station - so it does indeed take a good while to work through.

Don't soil your panties, you guys made a good point, we'll look at the numbers again. - CCP Ytterbium

Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#13 - 2015-01-08 16:14:27 UTC
The only question is: is it more cost efficient to build at a POS in a low build-index system, or in a station? Something something POS fuel something taxes...

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Torn Aele
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2015-01-08 19:18:17 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
The only question is: is it more cost efficient to build at a POS in a low build-index system, or in a station? Something something POS fuel something taxes...

Don't forget if you mine it yourself the minerals are free. /s
Marcus Tedric
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2015-01-09 21:24:02 UTC
Soldarius wrote:

That all depends what you build, how often you build it and how much the item(s) cost.

One can always look/find/move production to a low index system. A station adds a flat 10% tax and the Sys Index cost will then be the same for both. You can also build faster at a POS (75% of the prod time, normally) and often get a modest reduction in material/components too.

The other thing you can do is put the POS in a system with no factory station - or no station at all....