These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve Alliance Auth - Open Source

First post First post
Author
ol' Jack Burton
The Pork Chop Express
#81 - 2015-01-01 03:33:48 UTC
Ok it either fixed its self or I did something

Next question: How do you change the title screen picture?

I still want to give credit to the creator but getting new member to sign up on it when it says its a different alliance can create confussion :P
ol' Jack Burton
The Pork Chop Express
#82 - 2015-01-01 07:14:34 UTC
I would just like to say Mr McClain is the bomb

I was having trouble setting things up and an old friend was trying to set it up on a different server for me but he couldnt work it out.
After a couple hrs chatting to Mr McClain he had things sorted out and everything was golden.

Mr McClain your a god send
Raynaldo Rivera
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2015-01-02 01:08:46 UTC
Hey everyone sorry for my absence. Unfortunately real life is catching up and i will be unavailable for the next month or so. However i will be still managing pull request etc. Thankfully there are quite a few people who are actively fixing bugs i am unable to get to. If you need someone to set them up please talk to Mr McClain he understands what is needed and how to get everything tied together.

Bill Ramen
Perkone
Caldari State
#84 - 2015-01-03 04:51:27 UTC
I'm having trouble with the jabber bridge, is anyone really good with jabber? If so, please evemail me before I commit myself :P
Mr McClain
Claws of the Demon
#85 - 2015-01-04 04:21:40 UTC
Bill Ramen wrote:
I'm having trouble with the jabber bridge, is anyone really good with jabber? If so, please evemail me before I commit myself :P

Let me know if you have any more issues should be good to go now
Bill Ramen
Perkone
Caldari State
#86 - 2015-01-04 05:08:16 UTC
TY! Me wuv you wong time!
Mr McClain
Claws of the Demon
#87 - 2015-01-07 03:06:46 UTC
if anyone has any issues please feel free to contact me in game
Munch Macuchi
I was accidentally kicked
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#88 - 2015-01-09 18:41:42 UTC
Mr McClain wrote:

Confirming that this dude is legit. And damn good. And likely thinks I'm a bugmagnet now. ******* disk corruption...
Agent Unknown
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#89 - 2015-01-09 19:11:34 UTC
This was definitely taken a lot further than my old script ever did ...don't even know if I have my old source code anymore (TS3/SMF auth ...I think). Nice one. Big smile
Mr McClain
Claws of the Demon
#90 - 2015-01-10 03:05:40 UTC
Agent Unknown wrote:
This was definitely taken a lot further than my old script ever did ...don't even know if I have my old source code anymore (TS3/SMF auth ...I think). Nice one. Big smile

We have alot of features and your more than welcome to try it out! if you need help just let me know!
Mr McClain
Claws of the Demon
#91 - 2015-01-10 03:06:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr McClain
Munch Macuchi wrote:
Mr McClain wrote:

Confirming that this dude is legit. And damn good. And likely thinks I'm a bugmagnet now. ******* disk corruption...

Gotta love when the disk fails!
Racheal Otomeya
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#92 - 2015-01-12 03:09:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Racheal Otomeya
Is there any way to get the corp groups names be the same as the corp tickers? This would make things SO much easier and a bit cleaner.

Even more so when it comes to teamspeak.

Also, as far as formatting names for jabber, you can fill in the nickname field, that way most clients well show that on the contact list instead of there jid.

So my jid might be: racheal_otomeya@pest.xx
But if the nickname field could be set to: [SEHC] Racheal Otomeya, and that is what most clients would display.

Of course users can easily change this themselves by just editing there details in jabber, most jabber clients support doing this.

One reason I would like the auto created corp groups to be the ticker name is so when there auto created on teamspeak I can set teamspeak server to show group name, that way peoples tags are auto added to the beginning or end of the name on teamspeak so they don't need to do this themselves along with some other things along these lines.
Shaylas
Capital Warfare
#93 - 2015-01-13 15:02:00 UTC
Racheal Otomeya wrote:
Is there any way to get the corp groups names be the same as the corp tickers?

For a fresh installation its not that difficult. For already running systems....
Racheal Otomeya
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#94 - 2015-01-13 17:45:18 UTC
Right now I'm the only one on it, so if wiping the database to do a fresh install is needed it could be done quickly enough.
Mr McClain
Claws of the Demon
#95 - 2015-01-14 02:09:49 UTC
Racheal Otomeya wrote:
Is there any way to get the corp groups names be the same as the corp tickers? This would make things SO much easier and a bit cleaner.

Even more so when it comes to teamspeak.

Also, as far as formatting names for jabber, you can fill in the nickname field, that way most clients well show that on the contact list instead of there jid.

So my jid might be: racheal_otomeya@pest.xx
But if the nickname field could be set to: [SEHC] Racheal Otomeya, and that is what most clients would display.

Of course users can easily change this themselves by just editing there details in jabber, most jabber clients support doing this.

One reason I would like the auto created corp groups to be the ticker name is so when there auto created on teamspeak I can set teamspeak server to show group name, that way peoples tags are auto added to the beginning or end of the name on teamspeak so they don't need to do this themselves along with some other things along these lines.

At this time it would be a HUGE rewrite of the whole system so it currently does not support it. However the way I do it on teamspeak is have the users put there tags on there names in the bookmarks therefore when they connect its there already.

As far a OpenFire the only way i can think of is editing the user details however you can add groups to the auth ex. CEO's , FC . . ect and it will create a roster for them so there easily found in big alliances.
Hamuu
Doomheim
#96 - 2015-01-14 15:35:04 UTC
Hello, i have a problem with teamspeak

http://pastebin.com/FYu0fF9w
http://pastebin.com/naFLWunv
Mr McClain
Claws of the Demon
#97 - 2015-01-14 18:29:35 UTC
Hamuu wrote:

its not able to connect to the ts3 server make sure your settings.py file is correct and also make sure you whitelisted the ip of the server on the ts3 server as well.
Racheal Otomeya
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#98 - 2015-01-15 01:10:20 UTC
Quote:

At this time it would be a HUGE rewrite of the whole system so it currently does not support it. However the way I do it on teamspeak is have the users put there tags on there names in the bookmarks therefore when they connect its there already.

As far a OpenFire the only way i can think of is editing the user details however you can add groups to the auth ex. CEO's , FC . . ect and it will create a roster for them so there easily found in big alliances.

To make it use corp tickers for corp groups is a huge rewrite of the code?

If my huge rewrite you mean changing two lines maybe, all I did and it working fine so far.

Though a better option might be to have a config option in the settings file might be better, then just do a simple rewrite of the function: generate_corp_group_name to perhaps pass corp id, instead of a name and then return either the old way or a corp ticker, or whatever other option one might wanna use instead of how it does it now,, and it would be done.

For now I just told it not to call this function, and everywhere it did I just told it to use the corp ticker instead.

The function is found in only two locations thus far, and there both in the same file.
Hamuu
Doomheim
#99 - 2015-01-15 01:48:54 UTC
Mr McClain wrote:
Hamuu wrote:

its not able to connect to the ts3 server make sure your settings.py file is correct and also make sure you whitelisted the ip of the server on the ts3 server as well.

Whitelisted but the problem comes when the script more than 2 groups are granted
Shaylas
Capital Warfare
#100 - 2015-01-15 06:28:32 UTC
Racheal Otomeya wrote:
Quote:

To make it use corp tickers for corp groups is a huge rewrite of the code?

If my huge rewrite you mean changing two lines maybe, all I did and it working fine so far.

Though a better option might be to have a config option in the settings file might be better, then just do a simple rewrite of the function: generate_corp_group_name to perhaps pass corp id, instead of a name and then return either the old way or a corp ticker, or whatever other option one might wanna use instead of how it does it now,, and it would be done.

For now I just told it not to call this function, and everywhere it did I just told it to use the corp ticker instead.

The function is found in only two locations thus far, and there both in the same file.

It would break all running Systems that way. You have to convert all the old data etc.