These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Any new info about EVA ?

First post
Author
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#41 - 2015-01-05 15:50:41 UTC
Hrmmm, some points in numerous posts I'd love to respond to.

Hrmmm, but should I bother?

Nah.

Least it's not empty posting.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#42 - 2015-01-05 16:05:25 UTC
in CCP Bayesian's Fanfest 2013 presentation on prototyping, he says some vague words about avatar gameplay coming to EVE for "free" after being developed for other things. I'm thinking that means Legion.

Jenn you are saying EVE's player base is small because it's high quality. Not sure if you engage in this type of logic habitually, but not only is the logic faulty, I also disagree.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#43 - 2015-01-05 16:56:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Rain6637 wrote:
in CCP Bayesian's Fanfest 2013 presentation on prototyping, he says some vague words about avatar gameplay coming to EVE for "free" after being developed for other things. I'm thinking that means Legion.

Jenn you are saying EVE's player base is small because it's high quality. Not sure if you engage in this type of logic habitually, but not only is the logic faulty, I also disagree.

It is high quality, a person generally has to have at least some level of mental toughness to keep playing EVE and interacting with it's no-holds barred community. Compared to other communities I've experienced, this one is the highest quality.

I will never understand the desire some have to see a nice niche community turn into main-stream crap. It's like saying screw Pantera, what we need is more Justin Beiber.

EVE should be Subaru, not Ford.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#44 - 2015-01-05 16:58:53 UTC
I could try to help you with those things you'll never understand, but I don't have that much time.
Solecist Project
#45 - 2015-01-05 17:00:09 UTC
I have no idea how to put this chart into perspective.
I understand what is written, but I fail to see your point.

We have all of these in EVE with more and more from top to bottom.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#46 - 2015-01-05 17:00:16 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
I could try to help you with those things you'll never understand, but I don't have that much time.

Your surrender is accepted, should I start calling you France now or wait till February.
Qn'qura Zalas Zula
Doomheim
#47 - 2015-01-05 17:05:35 UTC
The only reason i'd support people leaving their ships for activities (not in stations mind you) is more opportunities to jack unoccupied ships while the owner is busy doing whatever it was that got them outside in the first place Pirate

Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#48 - 2015-01-05 17:05:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Solecist Project wrote:
I have no idea how to put this chart into perspective.
I understand what is written, but I fail to see your point.

We have all of these in EVE with more and more from top to bottom.

TL;DR, Self Actualizes and innovators are better in game companions and opponents than hordes of esteem seekers and Vainglorious image strivers that you find in more main stream games would be. We are better off without them.

The "eve would be great if it had more people playing it (and avatar gameplay is the key to more people)" are just hippies who think people are naturally 'good' and won't crap up the place with their drum circles and lack of hygiene lol.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#49 - 2015-01-05 17:11:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#50 - 2015-01-05 17:25:47 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
I thought the EVE Vegas stage was going to collapse at one point.

Counter-Strike and League of Legends Players

EVE Players

Questions?

Sure, I have questions. Like "what exactly do you think random pick of gaming nerds proves? That gamers play games?" "do you even know what we are talking about here?" also comes to mind.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#51 - 2015-01-05 17:38:09 UTC
If you swear that EVE players are great, then surely I get to make counter claims with pics.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#52 - 2015-01-05 17:43:45 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
If you swear that EVE players are great, then surely I get to make counter claims with pics.

Ok, now this is just stupid. WTF does how a few people look in a series of a few pictures have to do with what we're talking about? I'm talking in game behaviors and you're making fat jokes?

On a related note; the stuff you are (or MUST BE) smoking, may I also partake for it must be of superior quality.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2015-01-05 17:46:43 UTC
You're the one claiming that EVE players are self-actualized, with no proof. On the contrary, I think EVE can only go up from its current player base. Literally. The basement is the lowest floor of parents' houses. There is a good chance EVE will gain some couch-dwellers, garage-dwellers, guest house residents, and even some who live on the second floor.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#54 - 2015-01-05 17:56:38 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
You're the one claiming that EVE players are self-actualized, with no proof. On the contrary, I think EVE can only go up from its current player base. Literally. The basement is the lowest floor of parents' houses. There is a good chance EVE will gain some couch-dwellers, garage-dwellers, guest house residents, and even some who live on the second floor.

Have you ever really (and I mean really) asked yourself what your motivation is to see 'more players'? I ask this all the time of the "EVe could be great" crowd but they never have a good answer (mainly because they aren't the types to question their own motives, with is a corner stone of wisdom).

i know why I like niche games and niche gaming. I know why I prefer focused content to the broad based mishmash that you have to have to please a broader 'market', and I know how utterly unrealistic it is to believe that you can have niche quality while appealing to the 'masses'. The same reason Jerry Springer always got higher ratings than masterpiece theater is that people, in general, suck and only naive people believe that adding more people to a situation is a good thing.

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#55 - 2015-01-05 17:59:10 UTC
Don't worry about it. I told you I wouldn't spend time helping you understand what you'll never understand.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#56 - 2015-01-05 18:01:56 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Don't worry about it. I told you I wouldn't spend time helping you understand what you'll never understand.

Again with the cop outs. Says a lot about the confidence you have in your beliefs. Like I said, i know why I like EVE, but the fact that you can't even put into forum-words why you think all that needs to change proves my overall point. Deep down you know I'm right, so we can end this here with us both agreeing...
Leannor
State War Academy
Caldari State
#57 - 2015-01-05 18:03:18 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
No clue what he is on about.

I have had LOTS of extra-vehicular activity in the last months
with so many people and they all enjoyed it!

Kinky. ShockedBlink

"Lykouleon wrote:

STOP TOUCHING ICONIC SHIP PARTS"

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#58 - 2015-01-05 18:04:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
Jenn aSide wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:

Again with the cop outs. Says a lot about the confidence you have in your beliefs. Like I said, i know why I like EVE, but the fact that you can't even put into forum-words why you think all that needs to change proves my overall point. Deep down you know I'm right, so we can end this here with us both agreeing...

Your basic argument that more players means a change in player character is a false dichotomy.

I humored you with a counter argument just to **** with you.

ttyl. I might not be around by the time you finish reading the wikipedia article on false dichotomy.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#59 - 2015-01-05 18:29:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Rain6637 wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:

Your basic argument that more players means a change in player character is a false dichotomy.

I humored you with a counter argument just to **** with you.

ttyl. I might not be around by the time you finish reading the wikipedia article on false dichotomy.

They say that you really can't tell much about a person by how they post in the internet, but I think this here posts proves otherwise lol.

I get it, you haven't given much thought to you beliefs on the matter, and that's ok, now you can, and thinking is free.

All of the reasons people (like you) have or could have for supporting 'more subs' comes down to some really bad things, like anxiety (about your pass time going away because CCP folds) or some belief that EVE 'could be great if {insert some personal wishlist here}'.

While EVe is going to (has to) evolve, it good as it is and should evolve into more of what it is; a quality SPACE based game of human interaction, not some barbie online "look my avatar has big boobs wanna come to my captains quarters and pretend we aren't really 2 dudes sitting at our keyboard abusing ourselves!" BS that's all too common in damn near every other game I play.
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#60 - 2015-01-05 18:53:10 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
EVE should be Subaru, not Ford.

Wow, polls and Subarus? Lol

Nah, EVE should be a Holden.

The whole Subaru thing really died after the '90s tbh.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss