These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NEO COM BAR!!!

First post
Author
Lockdown86
Night line Logistics
#1 - 2015-01-04 19:22:56 UTC
CCP Gz for messing around trying to make things better for people who are not complaining about things, this topic is about the NEO com, that's recently changed AGAIN, maybe I'm not as clever as other people but looking for pictures to access what i want does not suit me, let alone when you re change the visuals of them, now I'm spending to much time hovering my mouse trying to find out what is what and I'm a 2010 player.

if your going to change something, at least give the option to turn it back for people who do not prefer it.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/339271_10150990885825581_965556152_o.jpg

look at this screenshot and please please please GIVE THE OPTION FOR "CLASSIC NEO COM" because I want to click on words that say fittings when I want fittings, not look around for it on different characters that have it in different places thank you.

here is a better screenshot http://gyazo.com/bbf5a07dca9977996c7fc5cf63fae77e

P.s the old type looks very tidy.

Thanks in advance
Aloadae Solaris
Riemannian Manifold Torus
#2 - 2015-01-04 19:28:32 UTC
I have to agree, the new NEO com was one of the worst things to ever happen to eve in my eyes

I too want the option the revert back to the way it was before

I understand you are trying to make the game mush easier for new players but for those who have played a long time it's very confusion
Aston Martin DB5
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2015-01-04 20:46:04 UTC
Don't trust those links you provided I feel a scam in the making.
Roberta Gastoni
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-01-04 20:48:22 UTC
I admit I've some sight problems, and I used either to read or recognize the icon by the color, rather than watching the shape. At exmple I knew industry was a blue icon, market a white icon and ship fitting a green one.

While I see from where CCP is coming from, with a minimalistic UI in Apple style, but with changes of this magnitute they should leave the option to use the legacy UI.

In an age where games are developing UI for the Visually or Auditory impared people, it's suprise me CCP is ignoring them, considering them a minority. Thankfully, they are a minority, but they have the same right of everyone else.
Lucy Lips
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-01-04 20:56:23 UTC
Well if the red one is over in the sausage of space then the game will be on the Rupert the bear so I agree 100 %
Lockdown86
Night line Logistics
#6 - 2015-01-04 21:03:06 UTC
Aston Martin DB5 wrote:
Don't trust those links you provided I feel a scam in the making.

yeah , the links are a scam, i am stupid enough to post it on a forum on my main account where i can get banned on a 2010 account and its totally worth it, the screen shot is of the old neo com system from an old screen shot i found in the eve file from a long time ago, feel free to click on the link and feel stupid
Lockdown86
Night line Logistics
#7 - 2015-01-04 21:05:30 UTC
Roberta Gastoni wrote:
I admit I've some sight problems, and I used either to read or recognize the icon by the color, rather than watching the shape. At exmple I knew industry was a blue icon, market a white icon and ship fitting a green one.

While I see from where CCP is coming from, with a minimalistic UI in Apple style, but with changes of this magnitute they should leave the option to use the legacy UI.

In an age where games are developing UI for the Visually or Auditory impared people, it's suprise me CCP is ignoring them, considering them a minority. Thankfully, they are a minority, but they have the same right of everyone else.

thank you for your comment, I also have visual issues and preferred the words to icons or even the both in one, yes it increased the UI mess but to keep everyone happy its the simplest option to switch on.

when pvping and you dock up to either change fit, buy mods you want to do it as fast as you can, and this feature seriously slows me down and the fights gone :)
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#8 - 2015-01-04 21:07:54 UTC
As a 2008 player: deal-with-it.gif

The Drake is a Lie

Serene Repose
#9 - 2015-01-04 21:15:15 UTC
Came expecting a tip for a great after hours spot. Left wondering how come I don't understand half of what most people are talking about.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Vyl Vit
#10 - 2015-01-04 21:19:23 UTC
I take it the OP doesn't brook disagreement. (Read: Only trolls disagree.) So, I won't bother getting into the optic/psyche/cognate combo that makes up image recognition and action imperatives. For you other folks who are a bit more reasonable and a bit more flexible. Don't worry. The sets of images will become your preferred set over time. Should anyone change them then, you'd feel the pain...until you became accustomed to the new set...ta da ta da, on and on ad infinitum.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#11 - 2015-01-04 21:20:54 UTC
I just learned the hotkeys for everything. wonder how long it will take for CCP to change them all?

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#12 - 2015-01-04 22:04:37 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Came expecting a tip for a great after hours spot. Left wondering how come I don't understand half of what most people are talking about.

Seriously!

I thought it would be a chat room ad, not a bizarre dead horse ritual.

Mr Epeen Cool
Aiyshimin
Shiva Furnace
#13 - 2015-01-04 22:12:44 UTC
Lockdown86 wrote:
Roberta Gastoni wrote:

thank you for your comment, I also have visual issues and preferred the words to icons or even the both in one, yes it increased the UI mess but to keep everyone happy its the simplest option to switch on.

when pvping and you dock up to either change fit, buy mods you want to do it as fast as you can, and this feature seriously slows me down and the fights gone :)

alt-r for market
alt-c for inventory
alt-f for fitting

you can of course change these default shortcuts to whatever you like.

Clicking on icons, whether text, colour vomit pixel mess or the new clear symbols is what slows you down.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#14 - 2015-01-05 01:44:46 UTC
Quote:

Forum rules

17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

Closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department