These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Battlecruisers -- Lost because they're not different enough

Author
Daide Vondrichnov
French Drop-O-Panache
Snuffed Out
#61 - 2015-01-04 04:01:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Daide Vondrichnov
Mario Putzo wrote:
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:
Don't buff drake pls... We want to keep derping with "Can i bring my drake ?".

And about T3 / Ishtar, they are OP, that's why they will be nerf soon.

What makes them OP?

wahow... do you play this game ?

The fact is that BC were mainly used because of their low sp requierement, #DrakeFever #Welpcane #Railbrutix, but things has change and now people look forward and pick other ships to fight because they can fly something better which met some requierements has damage projection, tank, speed.

Look, even BRAVE are using eagles fleet.
Mario Putzo
#62 - 2015-01-04 04:13:43 UTC
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:

What makes them OP?

The fact is that BC were mainly used because of their low sp requierement, #DrakeFever #Welpcane #Railbrutix, but things has change and now people look forward and pick other ships to fight because they can fly something better which met some requierements has damage projection, tank, speed.

So what makes them OP?

If you know the answer let me know.
Daide Vondrichnov
French Drop-O-Panache
Snuffed Out
#63 - 2015-01-04 04:23:24 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:

What makes them OP?

So what makes them OP?

If you know the answer let me know.

So you don't know this game and trying to make it change wahow...

Ishtar : Can apply damages at long range with good dps good tracking while being mobile, and the ability to switch for close range drones.

T3 : BS tank and over + low sig, exemple : Railgu, 250k EHP, signature under 200, cap stable, good speed while being in AB + damage application oover 100km
Mario Putzo
#64 - 2015-01-04 04:35:19 UTC
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:

Ishtar : Can apply damages at long range with good dps good tracking while being mobile, and the ability to switch for close range drones.

T3 : BS tank and over + low sig, exemple : Railgu, 250k EHP, signature under 200, cap stable, good speed while being in AB + damage application oover 100km

Oh im sorry I don't see where on the Ishtar where it get a Range and Tracking bonus to its weapons? Do you have a different version then I do?

I mean I see a bonus applied to Sentry Drones, of course it couldn't be an issue with Sentries. I mean they have only been used heavily since changes made by CCP over a year ago, with Domis, Gilas, Prophecy, Archons.

But ya I don't see anything about the Ishtar that makes it OP, at least not any more OP than any of the other HAC hulls.

Weird.
Daide Vondrichnov
French Drop-O-Panache
Snuffed Out
#65 - 2015-01-04 04:40:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Daide Vondrichnov
Mario Putzo wrote:
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:

Oh im sorry I don't see where on the Ishtar where it get a Range and Tracking bonus to its weapons? Do you have a different version then I do?

I mean I see a bonus applied to Sentry Drones, of course it couldn't be an issue with Sentries. I mean they have only been used heavily since changes made by CCP over a year ago, with Domis, Gilas, Prophecy, Archons.

But ya I don't see anything about the Ishtar that makes it OP, at least not any more OP than any of the other HAC hulls.

Weird.

That's well know, a cruiser which can deal as much dps as a BS while being at long range is ok... OH WAIT.

Gila can't use sentry anymore, you should log in sometimes.

Again BC can't compete, as for the prophecy, not enought damage, mobility, range application, same for myrm and Eos.

because ishtar is simply too strong and overshadow them on every points.

Well keep tryin'
Mario Putzo
#66 - 2015-01-04 04:46:10 UTC
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:

That's well know, a cruiser which can deal as much dps as a BS while being at long range is ok... OH WAIT.

Again BC can't do anything against that, a prophecy can't compete with a ishtar, not enought damage, mobility, range application, same for myrm and Eos.

Well keep tryin'

I didn't say Gila's use sentries, I said they did. Maybe you should learn to read some time.

Honestly you chucklefucks that keep blaming ship hulls with drone bonuses for the clearly unbalanced Sentry Drone line makes me laugh. Without Sentries the Ishtar is ****. With Sentries it is a god....hmmm I wonder could it be Sentry drones that aren't scaled right.

Come on son have you played at all since 2013, just look at the "meta" for the past year...

Anything that can use Sentry Drones.
Daide Vondrichnov
French Drop-O-Panache
Snuffed Out
#67 - 2015-01-04 05:06:38 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:

Again BC can't do anything against that, a prophecy can't compete with a ishtar, not enought damage, mobility, range application, same for myrm and Eos.

Well keep tryin'

I didn't say Gila's use sentries, I said they did. Maybe you should learn to read some time.

Honestly you chucklefucks that keep blaming ship hulls with drone bonuses for the clearly unbalanced Sentry Drone line makes me laugh. Without Sentries the Ishtar is ****. With Sentries it is a god....hmmm I wonder could it be Sentry drones that aren't scaled right.

Come on son have you played at all since 2013, just look at the "meta" for the past year...

Anything that can use Sentry Drones.

Wahow... blind people are blind... Ishtar is bad with heavy drones ? As i say you dont seems to play to this game, keep tryin'.

You're talking about a drone meta, did you notice that almost nobody exept ishtar and domi keep using sentry ?
Mario Putzo
#68 - 2015-01-04 05:16:42 UTC
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:

Wahow... blind people are blind... Ishtar is bad with heavy drones ? As i say you dont seems to play to this game, keep tryin'.

You're talking about a drone meta, did you notice that almost nobody exept ishtar and domi keep using sentry ?

Ya it is bad with heavy drones. My Cruiser can kite them taking no damage looool. Come on guy, you want to talk about Ishtars all night or why BC's are such ****.

Or maybe deep down inside you want to talk about how Sentry Drones are completely out of line with other drones, and make relatively garbage ships like the Ishtar OP!.

Would you like to borrow a shovel for your next post?
Daide Vondrichnov
French Drop-O-Panache
Snuffed Out
#69 - 2015-01-04 05:21:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Daide Vondrichnov
Mario Putzo wrote:
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:

Ya it is bad with heavy drones. My Cruiser can kite them taking no damage looool. Come on guy, you want to talk about Ishtars all night or why BC's are such ****.

Or maybe deep down inside you want to talk about how Sentry Drones are completely out of line with other drones, and make relatively garbage ships like the Ishtar OP!.

Ogre speed with ishtar = 2100 m/s without drone navigation module

Gecko speed with ishtar = 3100 m/s

Keep kitting, or running dunno.

I ask you one more time to log in.

About BC i've already aswered, but you didnt paid attention too bad.
Mario Putzo
#70 - 2015-01-04 05:25:56 UTC
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:

Ogre speed with ishtar = 2100 m/s without drone nav

LOL you don't know how the mechanics of this game work do you.

Daide Vondrichnov
French Drop-O-Panache
Snuffed Out
#71 - 2015-01-04 05:40:53 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:

Ogre speed with ishtar = 2100 m/s without drone nav

LOL you don't know how the mechanics of this game work do you.

Didnt mention module, even if it was pretty obv.

Well, keep waiting for BC.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#72 - 2015-01-04 07:37:45 UTC
Once upon a time New Eden capsuleers all got excited. The reason was, we got new ships - yeay.

With "Trinity" came few new toys with soon to be loathed names like the Harbinger, the hurrican, the Drake and the Myrmidon.

It only took two weeks to come to a profound conclusion, they too stronkhh.

At the day of "Trinity" nobody could play- no wait, different story.

So the Myrmidon, a drone battlecruiser with 125mbit drone bandwidht that was capable of unleashing five heavy drones Shocked

The fearsome Drake with seven missile launchers and somewhere in the region of 400 shield hp/s got nerfed.

All of the battlecruisers shield recharge time was increased from 1250s to 1400s and the drone bandwidth of the Myrmidon was reduced.

It is a shame that sentry drones got their range nerf they got with the drone changes. The Dominix and Navy Dominix and the Rattlesnake, really would have liked to keep the range they had.

Some folks figured out that you could "volley" everyone of the field if they would use many sentries and give the "command" of the sentries to someone with a mobile boat, using all the mechanics that have been there since the beginning of time.

Word spread around like wildfire and soon thereafter a lot of people used the same mechanics.

If it weren't for youtube, nobody would have seen a Drake able to kill other players ships with missiles.

And since missiles are the work of Evil, something had to be done.

Begone with the one that killed an oncle Bob member, may he never do this again.

People like to fly ships.

We also like to fly around really fast, so we may fit a propulsion mod to fly around fast.

Frigates and destroyers can fly around with a mwd turned on all day long. Cool stuff. Changes of the years made a lot of small ships 'stay small' with a microwarpdrive on, even cooler stuff.

After our beloved HACs were changed most of the HACs can do the same thing that frigates and destroyers can do, except the Zealot.

They even field close to battleship amounts of firepower while being mobile.

Tech one cruisers and battlecruisers have to commit cap-suicide to be able to fly around with a microwarpdrive, the intended weakness of the hulls.

But who likes to 'weak' if the only thing that counts is what some website is telling you?

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#73 - 2015-01-04 08:06:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Gregor Parud
The majority of people have no clue on how stuff really works or why or how something is a meta or will become a new meta (they also can't figure out what should be the new meta to counter an existing one). All they do is parrot others and say what others have figured out, be it from an external small group of knowledgeable players or a small group of good tacticians within their own ranks. Once it has finally been crammed into their tiny minds they then adopt it and act as if they came up with it themselves, as if they actually have a brain.

They didn't know how or why a zealot was "crap", then when it started to be used they kept to the "lol zealot is crap", then the masses caught on and suddenly the Zealot was "OP" and now it's "crap" again. Zealot, Abaddon, T3, Napoc, Drake, Rokh... etc etc etc. They've all been "crap", "Op" and "crap" again. They also don't realise that there's different forms of pvp styles where different ships with different tactics and fits perform differently. All they know is what they're told; ship A is OP, ship B is crap. With their limited insight they don't realise or understand that in other scenarios or play styles ship B might very well be good.

The majority of players aren't knowledgeable and intelligent enough to make assumptions on game balance, game mechanics and/or changes to those. The majority of people are incapable of looking at an issue from a different perspective than their own. That's why threads like this are always filled with hilarious dumb moronic clown posts made by people who have no clue yet still have an opinion. It's also why there's hilariously massive alliances and coalitions, all filled with mindless F1 cattle.

So please, if you're just parroting others that means you don't know why you're saying what you're saying, lacking insight, and you should probably just stfu.

This has been a service announcement for the average poster in this thread and all other threads as well.
Daide Vondrichnov
French Drop-O-Panache
Snuffed Out
#74 - 2015-01-04 10:17:59 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
The majority of people have no clue on how stuff really works or why or how something is a meta or will become a new meta (they also can't figure out what should be the new meta to counter an existing one). All they do is parrot others and say what others have figured out, be it from an external small group of knowledgeable players or a small group of good tacticians within their own ranks. Once it has finally been crammed into their tiny minds they then adopt it and act as if they came up with it themselves, as if they actually have a brain.

They didn't know how or why a zealot was "crap", then when it started to be used they kept to the "lol zealot is crap", then the masses caught on and suddenly the Zealot was "OP" and now it's "crap" again. Zealot, Abaddon, T3, Napoc, Drake, Rokh... etc etc etc. They've all been "crap", "Op" and "crap" again. They also don't realise that there's different forms of pvp styles where different ships with different tactics and fits perform differently. All they know is what they're told; ship A is OP, ship B is crap. With their limited insight they don't realise or understand that in other scenarios or play styles ship B might very well be good.

The majority of players aren't knowledgeable and intelligent enough to make assumptions on game balance, game mechanics and/or changes to those. The majority of people are incapable of looking at an issue from a different perspective than their own. That's why threads like this are always filled with hilarious dumb moronic clown posts made by people who have no clue yet still have an opinion. It's also why there's hilariously massive alliances and coalitions, all filled with mindless F1 cattle.

So please, if you're just parroting others that means you don't know why you're saying what you're saying, lacking insight, and you should probably just stfu.

This has been a service announcement for the average poster in this thread and all other threads as well.

So if i"m calling something OP i'm a stupid NS blob pet ? C'mon... there is ppl which are not braindead yet.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#75 - 2015-01-04 10:21:08 UTC
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:
So if i"m calling something OP i'm a stupid NS blob pet ? C'mon... there is ppl which are not braindead yet.

If that's what you understood from what I stated then you're part of the problem.
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#76 - 2015-01-04 12:11:03 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:

So the fact that an ishtar, a cruiser, uses a full 5 heavy drones or sentries which are balanced for use on battleships, with bonuses on par with battleships and thus projection and DPS on par with battleships, coupled with mediocre cruiser mobility (armor fit) or pretty good cruiser mobility (shield), and a fairly decent tank for a HAC (t2 cruiser) with none of the downsides of the slower, squishier, Attack battlecruisers whose gimmick is using oversized weapons on a slightly larger hull, is balanced?

Hint: the bonuses and bandwidth are the defining characteristics of an ishtar. Short of wildly out of class base stats in many other places, so long as these remain in play, ishtar will be at or around the top of the heap for midlevel engagements.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2015-01-04 12:23:51 UTC
Ishtar would be plenty popular with 75mb/s bandwidth, a staple of drone fleets with 100. 125 is just absurdly overpowered. It's not the drones, it's the Ishtar.

Well, it's also the drones, a bit. But mostly the Ishtar.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Daide Vondrichnov
French Drop-O-Panache
Snuffed Out
#78 - 2015-01-04 12:27:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Daide Vondrichnov
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
Ishtar would be plenty popular with 75mb/s bandwidth, a staple of drone fleets with 100. 125 is just absurdly overpowered. It's not the drones, it's the Ishtar.

That's another subject.

But yes, Ishtar need to be fix.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#79 - 2015-01-04 12:49:56 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:

- drop the sentry range bonus, keep the tracking one
- drop to 75-100m3 depending on other changes

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#80 - 2015-01-04 15:59:37 UTC
James Baboli wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
Daide Vondrichnov wrote:

So the fact that an ishtar, a cruiser, uses a full 5 heavy drones or sentries which are balanced for use on battleships, with bonuses on par with battleships and thus projection and DPS on par with battleships...

Drones don't work that way.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016