These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Required materials for production job

First post
Author
Wille Sanara
No Shoosting
#1 - 2015-01-02 20:36:36 UTC
Hi.
I am still struggling with the material requirements in the new system. I am in need of a precise material calculation formula with all the variables and constants and where to find them.
The formula I am currently using is from the Formulas of EVE industry sheet by Qoi and it says:

required = max(runs, ceil(round(runs *baseQuantity *materialModifier, 2))

where material modifier is BPO modifier*team modifier*installation modifier, i.e. for ME10 BPO its 0.9, for team with 3% reduction in ME its 0.97 and for most POS arrays installation material modifier is 0.98.

Can please someone tell me, if the formula is correct?Or is there some catch in the implementation of ceil and round function in google docs? If it is correct, then I am probably doing some mistakes in the baseQuantity. Can someone please kindly tell me where to take it from? Should I just view the BPO ingame and use the number? But BPOs ingame show already numbers influenced by skills and their location, right? Should I take numbers from EVEmon? From somewhere else? Currently the calculations I am doing are for some prints correct, for some prints they are not.Cry
Thank you very much good sirs
Velicitia
XS Tech
#2 - 2015-01-02 21:05:04 UTC
Looks right, except for teams, which have been removed for the time being.

What are you taking as the "baseQuantity"?

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#3 - 2015-01-02 21:10:26 UTC
https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/dump/latest/industryActivityMaterials.xls.bz2 (7zip will uncompress this) contains all the materials needed for something (you'll want activityid 1)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Wille Sanara
No Shoosting
#4 - 2015-01-03 12:32:52 UTC
Yeah, teams are being removed, but some of them are still ingame. Anyway, while teams gone, I can just use material modifier equl to 1.
For baseQuantity I am using the numbers from EVEmon. I look up the BPO, see materials needed and there are 2 columns: some general materials needed and material needed by the character selected. I use the general material needed, althought the material needed by my char are almost the same (very little difference). Can someone possibly explain me how my character can influence on its own materials needed? I think all skills now do not influence ME. Another problem is that those numbers from EVEmon do not correspond to numbers when I view BPO ingame :-[ Again, some little difference. Any idea why?

Thanks for link, Steve, but it seems your webpage is unavailable. Can someone confirm it please? I cannot open it.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#5 - 2015-01-03 13:26:42 UTC
OK, The evemon materials might not actually BE the base materials (i.e. it's calculating your needs based on skills, etc. already).

For example, the Atron ME10 / PE 20 with 5/5/5 skills (one run).

Material -- Initial Quantity per run -- Reduced Quantity -- Job Quantity
Tritanium -- 20556 -- 18500.4 -- 18501
Pyerite -- 3889 -- 3500.1 -- 3501
Mexallon -- 2222 -- 1999.8 -- 2000
Isogen -- 278 -- 250.2 -- 251
Nocxium -- 56 -- 50.4 -- 51
Zydrine -- 6 -- 5.4 -- 6

"Initial Quantity" is the base materials
"Reduced Quantity" is the exact need based on skills and BP ME.
"Job Quantity" is what you actually need to use after running Ceil(reducedQty * runs); which in our case for Zydrine is Ceil (5.4*1) = Ceil(5.4) = 6.

confirming Steve's site works.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
#6 - 2015-01-03 16:53:56 UTC
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.fuzzwork.co.uk

works for me. Haven't had any reported issues for several weeks.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Wille Sanara
No Shoosting
#7 - 2015-01-03 18:46:30 UTC
I am sorry, for some weird reason I am unable to connect to websites ending co.uk. Is it possible to view the mentioned file on any other webpage?
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
#8 - 2015-01-03 18:54:20 UTC
Wille Sanara wrote:
I am sorry, for some weird reason I am unable to connect to websites ending co.uk. Is it possible to view the mentioned file on any other webpage?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/79vb14r7u5mdqgw/industryActivityMaterials.xls.bz2?dl=0

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Wille Sanara
No Shoosting
#9 - 2015-01-03 19:05:10 UTC
Thank you very much.
From the brief look it looks like it might be what I need. I wanted to check out mainly hybrid component material requirements, as I am building manufacturing sheets for those. It seems hybrid component manufacturing requirements are not listened in this document, for example typeIDs 29996 30002 30476 30464 30474 30470 (some hybrid components) are missing. Any idea where I might find the baseQuantity numbers for hybrid components? (I.e. how many fullerenes, ancient salvage etc do I need without any skills, ME, installation etc)
Wille Sanara
No Shoosting
#10 - 2015-01-04 13:56:19 UTC
Problem hopefully solved - found a mistake in some legacy formulas in my sheets. Problem with UK pages not loading solved with change of DNS server. Thx everyone