These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123
 

Harder missions needed.

Author
Leoric Firesword
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2014-12-31 20:15:53 UTC
L4's in T1 frigs. There you go harder missions. Watch out for Buzzkill....
Desudes
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2014-12-31 21:41:46 UTC
Torothin wrote:
Desudes wrote:
L5s to high sec would be neat.



No. Just no. The goal is to get people out of high sec and experience the game.


I've never understood the desire to dictate other people's gameplay experience. If you just like killing NPCs, or if you don't have the time to get a proper null/wh setup going, I don't believe you should be restricted to incredibly boring content, especially when there is virtually unused content currently in the game that could be very slightly modified to help remedy the situation.

As far as doing L4s in frigates and such, shipping down to make content harder goes directly against character progression. I for one have done L4s in all sorts of weird setups/ships, but I'd like to take my best setups against stuff that would be a challenge without having to mash the d-scan button.

Excuse me, but what the f*ck are you desu?

Torothin
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2014-12-31 22:49:07 UTC
Desudes wrote:
Torothin wrote:
Desudes wrote:
L5s to high sec would be neat.



No. Just no. The goal is to get people out of high sec and experience the game.


I've never understood the desire to dictate other people's gameplay experience. If you just like killing NPCs, or if you don't have the time to get a proper null/wh setup going, I don't believe you should be restricted to incredibly boring content, especially when there is virtually unused content currently in the game that could be very slightly modified to help remedy the situation.

As far as doing L4s in frigates and such, shipping down to make content harder goes directly against character progression. I for one have done L4s in all sorts of weird setups/ships, but I'd like to take my best setups against stuff that would be a challenge without having to mash the d-scan button.



The reason that there is a lack of serious missioning content in Empire is because CCP wants plays to progress to 0.0 and experience everything that the game has to offer. Running missions in empire all day long and only doing that is doing yourself a disservice due to missing out on the game as a whole.
Aemilia Tertia
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2015-01-01 02:23:23 UTC
Torothin wrote:
Desudes wrote:
Torothin wrote:
Desudes wrote:
L5s to high sec would be neat.



No. Just no. The goal is to get people out of high sec and experience the game.


I've never understood the desire to dictate other people's gameplay experience. If you just like killing NPCs, or if you don't have the time to get a proper null/wh setup going, I don't believe you should be restricted to incredibly boring content, especially when there is virtually unused content currently in the game that could be very slightly modified to help remedy the situation.

As far as doing L4s in frigates and such, shipping down to make content harder goes directly against character progression. I for one have done L4s in all sorts of weird setups/ships, but I'd like to take my best setups against stuff that would be a challenge without having to mash the d-scan button.



The reason that there is a lack of serious missioning content in Empire is because CCP wants plays to progress to 0.0 and experience everything that the game has to offer. Running missions in empire all day long and only doing that is doing yourself a disservice due to missing out on the game as a whole.


I've been to 0.0 seen whats out there and came back to high-sec. It's a bit presumptuous of you to assume that 0.0 is the end game? Why not worm holes? they are after all more hard core than you Null bears. This mentality of progressing towards an endgame is something you should leave behind with WoW for me their is no end game in EvE.
Kaphrah
Nemesis Logistics
Goonswarm Federation
#45 - 2015-01-01 06:57:34 UTC
Torothin wrote:
Desudes wrote:
L5s to high sec would be neat.



No. Just no. The goal is to get people out of high sec and experience the game.


just for people like you I love, absolutely love saying f*ck nullsec, let me make a **** ton of isk in my incursions. a **** ton pvpers dream of having. you want to force me into null? been there. boring. wormholes? been there a year, boring then.
Incursions? been there nearly... 3 years?, still a lot of fun every evening.

there the forming and organizing of a fleet is properly rewarded. Incursions ARE difficult, just because some people in the fleet organize it very well, does not mean it is no risk at all and easy. multibillion battleships popping in seconds is a risk.
OP should really check some of the public Incursion channels, there is a lot of ******** stuff etc., but it is still worth it imo, you get to know a lot of people, usually (depending on the fleet, but you can decide where you want to join, right?) a lot of fun, and on top a ton of isk, and ofc can join together with your buddy(s).
Iron Breaker
Dromedaworks inc
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#46 - 2015-01-01 14:49:50 UTC
Kaphrah wrote:
Torothin wrote:
Desudes wrote:
L5s to high sec would be neat.



No. Just no. The goal is to get people out of high sec and experience the game.


just for people like you I love, absolutely love saying f*ck nullsec, let me make a **** ton of isk in my incursions. a **** ton pvpers dream of having. you want to force me into null? been there. boring. wormholes? been there a year, boring then.
Incursions? been there nearly... 3 years?, still a lot of fun every evening.



I tend to agree with you, null sec is pretty boaring, and it takes forever to thrown together a ship out here even if you do want to pvp.
marVLs
#47 - 2015-01-02 10:52:13 UTC  |  Edited by: marVLs
Mission system needs redesign, even something like:

Each mission lvl has 3 variants:
- easy
- medium
- hard

So even if player is veteran and has superb skills he may want to do lvl2 missions hard variant because is worth time (good payout) and presents different playstyle (limited smaller ships only). Also there should be big amount of random generated content and system that encourages players to do missions together.

L4 burner missions would be lvl1 hard missions Bear
Hanna Cyrus
Spessart Rebellen
#48 - 2015-01-02 14:47:59 UTC
Torothin wrote:
Desudes wrote:
L5s to high sec would be neat.



No. Just no. The goal is to get people out of high sec and experience the game.


That's the mistake. The goal is to have fun playing the game. For one fun is to fly a lvl 4 in high, after a hard day at work. Others enjoy mining in high, maybe if they dont't want to hammer the directional scanner all the time and watch local. No, they want to drink a beer, mine a bit, chat with friends and good.

I had my best time in the game in WH space, my life changes rl don't stop, hardly time to play now. So i'm in high sec these days, talk to old friends an drink my beer.

If a few other guys try to say you how to play, go null, go low, do this or that, that's the way we think how to play this game. What would you do? You see the problem? If you can't play the way you want, because others don't except it or gamemechanics change and so on, you adapt or get driven away from the game and play some other game, that makes fun.

Many players play the game because they love the scifi universe with spaceships, a story and many to explore. What no one needs is that someone say us how to play, how to fly, and so on.

The mission running need some love, burner missions are fun, give us more please.
Iron Breaker
Dromedaworks inc
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#49 - 2015-01-02 16:22:21 UTC
Hanna Cyrus wrote:
Torothin wrote:
Desudes wrote:
L5s to high sec would be neat.



No. Just no. The goal is to get people out of high sec and experience the game.


That's the mistake. The goal is to have fun playing the game. For one fun is to fly a lvl 4 in high, after a hard day at work. Others enjoy mining in high, maybe if they dont't want to hammer the directional scanner all the time and watch local. No, they want to drink a beer, mine a bit, chat with friends and good.

I had my best time in the game in WH space, my life changes rl don't stop, hardly time to play now. So i'm in high sec these days, talk to old friends an drink my beer.

If a few other guys try to say you how to play, go null, go low, do this or that, that's the way we think how to play this game. What would you do? You see the problem? If you can't play the way you want, because others don't except it or gamemechanics change and so on, you adapt or get driven away from the game and play some other game, that makes fun.

Many players play the game because they love the scifi universe with spaceships, a story and many to explore. What no one needs is that someone say us how to play, how to fly, and so on.

The mission running need some love, burner missions are fun, give us more please.


I 100% agree. I was told that the developers who play EVE only work on the portions of the game they are interested in. Given how outdated the Mission(s) seem to be, I can't help but wonder if that is true. Just look up some of the missions on line, it appears that many have not been updated in years. At least add some new ones that actually have some decent loot.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#50 - 2015-01-02 16:54:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
We've heard all this before, and the people asking for 'more content' in high sec never stop to think why it's a bad idea.

EVE is a game that is very easy to manually multibox. If you make 'better' high level missions "for me and my buddy" it won't be some guy doing the mission for fun with his friend, it will be a big huge series of single players with multiple accounts farming the absolute Bejesus out of it. EVe players (especially it's PVE players) are masters of min/maxing madness.

The above is why incursions require so many people, if you require less people but still have good enough rewards to make it worth while and you end up with the "Faction Warfare missions problem" ie everyone will do it, whole markets will be depressed (like the Faction Warfare LP stores ruined by the legions of players with stealth bombers power farming them). You can already see this with Burner Missions, there are now dedicated Burner Mission only types who farm the hell out of these now easy 1 minute 14k loyalty point missions to the exclusion of all else and you can tell when you try to convert LP after doing missions the 'normal' way. So no, it's not a good idea for CCP to give you what you want when what you want ends up hurting the game.

In addition, the content the OP is asking for already exists, it simply requires thought and planning to use. People are already doing lvl 5 missions in under 5 minutes, or making loads of isk doing low sec lvl 4 missions in cheap ships and making 2-300 mil an hour, all with little to no risk.



When it comes to pve content and rewards , EVE has a number of trade offs. One of those trade offs is "if you want better pve content, you have to leave safety/comfort behind". This is one of the things that makes EVE what it is, and it also gives value to the PVE we find outside of high sec. That's the way it supposed to be, I have to risk my ship to get better PVE content, so do you.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#51 - 2015-01-02 17:02:17 UTC
Torothin wrote:
Desudes wrote:
L5s to high sec would be neat.



No. Just no. The goal is to get people out of high sec and experience the game.


No it is not. I don't see why anyone cares where someone else plays. If they want to miss out on other aspects of the game to maintain relative comfort in high sec, I'm all for that, life is about choices. What I'm opposed to is the 'have your cake and eat it too' mentality some people have, believing that they should have BOTH to comfort of high sec AND the pve content of more dangerous space.

I agree that lvl 5 missions should not be in high sec (if you want that level of reward you should have to work for it), but the idea of pushing people in a voluntary video game to do something they don't want to do just doesn't work.
Torothin
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2015-01-02 17:18:29 UTC
If the goal for CCP is to not get players to move out to 0.0 then why is 0.0 living far more lucrative that hi sec mission running?
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#53 - 2015-01-02 17:42:20 UTC
Torothin wrote:
If the goal for CCP is to not get players to move out to 0.0 then why is 0.0 living far more lucrative that hi sec mission running?


The rewards for certain things are better in low sec. Or in Wormholes.

The reason null sec pve is 'theoretically' better than high sec is because EVE follows a linear risk vs reward game balance scheme. (I say theoretically because ion practice it's not really true. Every game has to have some kind of balance scheme and this is it for EVE

CCP is neutral on what people do in the game, they don't care as long as you stick to the rules (EULA). The idea that CCP is trying to 'push' people in one way or another is just tinfoil hat conspiracy thinking.
Hanna Cyrus
Spessart Rebellen
#54 - 2015-01-02 19:00:45 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
We've heard all this before, and the people asking for 'more content' in high sec never stop to think why it's a bad idea..

EVE is a game that is very easy to manually multibox. If you make 'better' high level missions "for me and my buddy" it won't be some guy doing the mission for fun with his friend, it will be a big huge series of single players with multiple accounts farming the absolute Bejesus out of it. EVe players (especially it's PVE players) are masters of min/maxing madness.


I have a friend, he always joins a nullsec corp, if he needs ISK. He joins the corp and he is doing only "Plexe"(don't know english word for) in nullsec, he made in four weeks 40 billion isk. Than he is booted out of the corp... You can't make so much ISK in highsec and it's more dangerous in highsec to fly a blingbling ship, than in deep sov with good intel.

Jenn aSide wrote:

The above is why incursions require so many people, if you require less people but still have good enough rewards to make it worth while and you end up with the "Faction Warfare missions problem" ie everyone will do it, whole markets will be depressed (like the Faction Warfare LP stores ruined by the legions of players with stealth bombers power farming them). You can already see this with Burner Missions, there are now dedicated Burner Mission only types who farm the hell out of these now easy 1 minute 14k loyalty point missions to the exclusion of all else and you can tell when you try to convert LP after doing missions the 'normal' way. So no, it's not a good idea for CCP to give you what you want when what you want ends up hurting the game.


I have a reallife, i buy me a plex in euros and pay for my fun in game. If you want to grind stupid stuff like a hamster and waste your time it's your thing. The truth is, missions are dinosaurs and need to be overhauled. I don't play to hamster as much ISK as i can, i play for my fun.

Jenn aSide wrote:

In addition, the content the OP is asking for already exists, it simply requires thought and planning to use. People are already doing lvl 5 missions in under 5 minutes, or making loads of isk doing low sec lvl 4 missions in cheap ships and making 2-300 mil an hour, all with little to no risk.


Then do it yourself. But i think you have better options. Don't look at others, do what you want.

Jenn aSide wrote:

When it comes to pve content and rewards , EVE has a number of trade offs. One of those trade offs is "if you want better pve content, you have to leave safety/comfort behind". This is one of the things that makes EVE what it is, and it also gives value to the PVE we find outside of high sec. That's the way it supposed to be, I have to risk my ship to get better PVE content, so do you.


Definition of better for you is more ISK. Definitioon for me, is variety i don't want more ISK, i want variation. I lived long enough in J-space, i made there a lot of ISK. If you want you can make much ISK everywhere. But it's always the same. Burner missions are great, i like more stuff like that, it is time to renew the whole system in missions.

Signal11th
#55 - 2015-01-06 16:37:06 UTC
Torothin wrote:
Desudes wrote:
Torothin wrote:
Desudes wrote:
L5s to high sec would be neat.



No. Just no. The goal is to get people out of high sec and experience the game.


I've never understood the desire to dictate other people's gameplay experience. If you just like killing NPCs, or if you don't have the time to get a proper null/wh setup going, I don't believe you should be restricted to incredibly boring content, especially when there is virtually unused content currently in the game that could be very slightly modified to help remedy the situation.

As far as doing L4s in frigates and such, shipping down to make content harder goes directly against character progression. I for one have done L4s in all sorts of weird setups/ships, but I'd like to take my best setups against stuff that would be a challenge without having to mash the d-scan button.



The reason that there is a lack of serious missioning content in Empire is because CCP wants plays to progress to 0.0 and experience everything that the game has to offer. Running missions in empire all day long and only doing that is doing yourself a disservice due to missing out on the game as a whole.



lol if experiencing 0.0 is CCP's ultimate goal for all players there's going to be a lot of fooked off players. 0.0 is no different to doing missions/mining or running incursions/exploring etc etc it's just something different to experience in the game.

Granted I have lived in 0.0 pretty much since I started EVE but for me it's no different to anywhere else or any other "experience" in EVE.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Previous page123