These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Super Capital Ships built in Wormholes

Author
Dsparil Mal
SUNDERING
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2014-12-30 18:47:35 UTC
Given the enormous restrictions put on super-caps with the recent patches, Wouldn't it be fair to remove the sov restrictions on the super-capital assembly array? I'm thinking more towards super-carriers than titans.

Erotica 1 for CSM 9!

John Wolfsson
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-12-30 18:55:11 UTC
simply: NO!
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#3 - 2014-12-30 18:59:44 UTC
Dsparil Mal wrote:
Given the enormous restrictions put on super-caps with the recent patches, Wouldn't it be fair to remove the sov restrictions on the super-capital assembly array? I'm thinking more towards super-carriers than titans.

No. It would be byond borked to have a shield based super in a pulsar or an armor based super in a wolf rayet. Supers have unbalanced null/low sec and you want to introduce that into wh space where system effects put a monster size skewing on ships? You would be handing out local system "I WIN" buttons as fast as folks could build them.

Feel free to seach for threads about supers in wh. They all have the same answer with a zillion good reasons supporting that answer.

NO
Niskin
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
The Chicken Coop
#4 - 2014-12-30 20:47:36 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
No. It would be byond borked to have a shield based super in a pulsar or an armor based super in a wolf rayet. Supers have unbalanced null/low sec and you want to introduce that into wh space where system effects put a monster size skewing on ships? You would be handing out local system "I WIN" buttons as fast as folks could build them.

Feel free to seach for threads about supers in wh. They all have the same answer with a zillion good reasons supporting that answer.

NO

That pretty much sums it up. +1

It's Dark In Here - The Lonely Wormhole Blog

Remember kiddies: the best ship in Eve is Friendship.

-MooMooDachshundCow

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#5 - 2014-12-30 21:05:26 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Dsparil Mal wrote:

NO

No, for the reasons listed above.

As the proud owner of 1.5 Titans, and with four pilots capable of flying Super Carriers, it would be far better to remove Titans and Super Carriers from the game completely, or massively nerf them and turn them into T2 Carriers and Dreadnoughts than it would be to extend them into other parts of the game.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Paynus Maiassus
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2014-12-30 22:10:54 UTC
I don't know about WHs but I think supers should be able to be built in low and NPC null.
Ersahi Kir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2014-12-30 22:21:50 UTC
Paynus Maiassus wrote:
I don't know about WHs but I think supers should be able to be built in low and NPC null.

I support the idea in general but I don't think it would really make much of a difference. CSAA's in low sec would be a neon sign for everyone to grab their coat hangers.

Supercaps in wormholes is a terrible idea though.
Alia Ravenswing
DARK HAT
#8 - 2014-12-30 22:29:25 UTC
First, some wormholes are large enough for a Super Carrier to fit.

Second, if you could build them in there, then attackers would have almost no chance.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#9 - 2014-12-31 02:55:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
most of us moved to wh to get away from supers

and you arn't about to take a hole if a group has set a bunch of these up

However if CCP were to introduce massive holes to a new class of wh and let them be built there then why not. Just a new type of space
Jean Luc Lemmont
Carebears on Fire
Viral Society
#10 - 2014-12-31 03:56:57 UTC
Dsparil Mal wrote:

**** no. It would then become impossible to dislodge people from their wormholes. Dreadnoughts? Pfft. Here, say hello to my little friends fighter bombers.

Will I get banned for boxing!?!?!

This thread has degenerated to the point it's become like two bald men fighting over a comb. -- Doc Fury

It's bonuses, not boni, you cretins.