These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Highsec ganking is out of control

First post
Author
Lady Areola Fappington
#21 - 2014-12-30 18:49:38 UTC
Finn Stanley wrote:
the problem with High sec ganking is it doesnt have any real penalty, im a python/django developer and i havent really done so much of gamedev, but i just dont think you should be able to spam ganks indefinitely, and i mean high sec gank, should be posible but not the norm. or at least not unrestricted.
As it is now the cost of ship plus cargo plus modules just makes every fit a bad decision, even the new bowhead had zero day vulnerability.

Something needs to change because you can call someone a carebear but the other side is just nobody with a brain can afford to fly anything.

Why shouldn't you be able to "spam ganks indefinitely"? Why should it be "possible but not the norm/unrestricted?"

You're playing in a setting where your character, at best, is considered a deranged sociopath by normal people. You command enough wealth just starting out to ignore the "little people" laws. You are functionally immortal. The governments of the land are terrified of pissing you and your brethren off. The only thing keeping you and your kind from taking over is a shaky treaty enforced by a group that, storywise, can be utterly disrupted by a small force of capital ships.

Now, within that framework of a story, exactly how are you going to justify restricting what an immortal demigod can do? As is, the "wrist-slap" punishment from the Empire fits in perfectly with Eve lore. The governments of our world here really don't care what happens to capsuleers (they'd rather do without us TBH), so they give slap on the wrist punishments to people nominally breaking the treaties if only to show the normal people "Yeah, we're doing something!". They don't want to REALLY **** us off because we'd stomp all over the Empires in no-time flat.

(Oh yeah, I just pulled LORE justification for suicide ganking. Hows THAT for creative, yo?)

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#22 - 2014-12-30 18:52:59 UTC
I've never been ganked in high sec and I used to roll around with A-type and faction stuff for incursions and these days I run jump freighters full of moon goo.

People have tried to gank my jump freighter but they never succeed. I can see your point, it is pretty lame to spend a bunch of time and ISK and have it all disappear because of a few catalysts but have you tried everything within your power to not be ganked?

I would imagine with a little bit of thought put into it you could evade the gankers quite easily.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Not today spaghetti.

Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2014-12-30 18:53:08 UTC
Commander Karin wrote:
Cancel Align NOW wrote:
High sec ganking is not out of control. Honest isk making deserves no more respect than dishonest isk making. You do not know what you are talking about. Your ideas are about to be trowing around GD until this thread is locked. Hauling defenses work. Your ignorance and impotent rage is a red flag to trolls.

don't take me wrong, I'm not saying tghat gankers should not exist or should not profit, I'm just saying things should get balanced like I suggested. Actually I suggested things, nobody seens to have read it.

If in RL I destroy a car and get caught by the cops I will have all criminal responsability but I will have to pay the damage property too, in eve that is not true, in EVE you kill anyone and just loose a ship you were supposed to loose anyway.

Let's balance things or like the one said above we all should start joining ganking corps and stop mining, hauling, using faction items, etc.

Your ideas are stupid. Eve is not real life. You offer nothing to back up your position. CCP's statistics and your own killboard contridict your original premise that "Highsec ganking is out of control". It is not.
Commander Karin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2014-12-30 18:53:36 UTC
Finn Stanley wrote:

Ganking is not 'the norm'. Fly like everyone is out to get you and you'll rarely get ganked. If the OP really gets ganked that often he is either doing something terribly wrong or is terribly unlucky (hint: it's always the doing something terribly wrong part).

thats the point, thing is out of control, you got out in high sec and evey gate all we see is ganking.

"don't fly on pick times" some may say, but am I crazy? How do I suppose to fly another time zone if I have to live and sleep?

but is okay most of you will just turn the face around, is the EVE away of being grief and vile.
Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-12-30 18:55:06 UTC
Finn Stanley wrote:
first of all,

anyone who thinks this is right.

Risk/cost vs reward, has nothing to do with this, not even skill... this is just broken mechanics.
Anyone not tanking his Mackinaw to the extent that it can't even tank ONE catalyst is being one of the stupid/inexperienced bears I was referring to in my earlier post.

I solo gank miners myself, just the tiniest bit of tank will save you from a single catalyst in a Mackinaw, and there is always the choice to fly a Procurer or a Skiff who can tank several catalysts NAKED (that's without any tank modules, tank one of those properly and you will be effectively gank immune).
Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-12-30 18:58:42 UTC
Commander Karin wrote:
Finn Stanley wrote:

Ganking is not 'the norm'. Fly like everyone is out to get you and you'll rarely get ganked. If the OP really gets ganked that often he is either doing something terribly wrong or is terribly unlucky (hint: it's always the doing something terribly wrong part).

thats the point, thing is out of control, you got out in high sec and evey gate all we see is ganking.

"don't fly on pick times" some may say, but am I crazy? How do I suppose to fly another time zone if I have to live and sleep?

but is okay most of you will just turn the face around, is the EVE away of being grief and vile.

Try different gates, I haven't been a witness of a high sec gate gank in my entire EVE life, which is back from 2008. I suggest avoiding the ganking hotspots and leave transporting stuff through those hot spots to the pros if you can't pull it off yourself.
Paranoid Loyd
#27 - 2014-12-30 18:59:04 UTC
Commander Karin wrote:
evey gate all we see is ganking.
Your troll is showing.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#28 - 2014-12-30 18:59:25 UTC
Quote:
17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Previous page12