These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Highsec ganking is out of control

First post
Author
Commander Karin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-12-30 18:24:03 UTC
Highsec ganking is out of control. Today thats all we see, high sec gank in gate camps. Nothing else. Its easy to understand why, any 3 or 4 player with crap ships, crap fittings and crap skill are taking out old players who spend a lot of time making isk and honest business (almost) in EVE.

Gank should happen, and should not be prohibited, but lets be honest, the thing is out of control because it's way too unbalanced.

I have quit the game a year ago when I was been ganked in high sec while hauling some stuff, but now I'm back and was commited to not make the same mistake... well, but today there is nothing you can do anymore, I know this because now gankers are taking out ships in 0.8 like strategic cruisers, battleships and any ships they want. And I'm not talking about 20 pilots, I'm talking about 2-3 pilots.

As a New Eden citizen I demand some improvement on security or I will have to quit again until the game come to a more balanced stage, sorry, is not whining, is just the true. I put a lot of money, time and effort in this game to come to this point where CCP is only giving advantage to easy ISK in High Sec, that is way unfair.

My improvement suggestion is simple and I don't think it will kill ganking:

1) If someone gank other pilot, concord will do what they do today, kill criminals crap ships
2) (here comes the twist) Gankers since they are criminals and caused damaged they will have this debt with concord (they will not be charged automatically, they will have the choice to pay or to be fugitives from highsec).
3) They have 24h to pay the debt if that doesnt happen they will not be able to fly safe in high sec for 30 days without concord pursuing them.
4) Some variation could come with the insurance system, when a ship is insured gankers will have to pay the price of the wrecked ship to insurance officers (concord of somethins, just trowing some ideas).

I have heard many arguments, like "EVE is a MMO, you should play with friends" and "you should tank better" and even "gank is hard work", and those are all bullshit, honestly. First because you can't just expect to get a lot of people just to stay around while a char will be transporting goods or moving with its tengu while doing missions, tank is not an option because it will not protect from gankers even when you have a 2BIL fit or are flying SCs or BSs ( I know what I'm talking about) and third, gank is easy as eating potatos.

[]'s

PS: please don't troll or flame, some people will defend ganking as is today because they are grief and are making easy ISK with this broken punishment system that is only punishing victims.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#2 - 2014-12-30 18:27:53 UTC
LOL

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#3 - 2014-12-30 18:29:39 UTC
Roll

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Mr. Orange
Band of Freelancers
#4 - 2014-12-30 18:31:11 UTC
Yeahhhhh.... I'm not reading all of that... Can someone sum it up into a tweet?
Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#5 - 2014-12-30 18:32:18 UTC
No it's not.
Statistics tell otherwise.
CCP tells otherwise.
You're just a troll.

I am not even reading the post, because it's nonsense.

Have a nice day and get lost.

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Kei
#6 - 2014-12-30 18:33:06 UTC
Mr. Orange wrote:

Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed! Lol

ケイ

Commander Karin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2014-12-30 18:34:45 UTC
Sol Project wrote:
No it's not.
Statistics tell otherwise.
CCP tells otherwise.
You're just a troll.

I am not even reading the post, because it's nonsense.

Have a nice day and get lost.

I'm a troll? **** off dude, I'm no troll here. Troll is the punishment system for suicide gankers that exists today. If you have some statistics of thoughts I expect some discussion, if not YOU are trolling.

[ ]s
Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2014-12-30 18:36:31 UTC
Solution: become a ganker, as you say: it's **** easy and great isk!
Finn Stanley
Hilaban Industries United
#9 - 2014-12-30 18:37:09 UTC
the problem with High sec ganking is it doesnt have any real penalty, im a python/django developer and i havent really done so much of gamedev, but i just dont think you should be able to spam ganks indefinitely, and i mean high sec gank, should be posible but not the norm. or at least not unrestricted.
As it is now the cost of ship plus cargo plus modules just makes every fit a bad decision, even the new bowhead had zero day vulnerability.

Something needs to change because you can call someone a carebear but the other side is just nobody with a brain can afford to fly anything.
Paranoid Loyd
#10 - 2014-12-30 18:37:12 UTC
Yarr! Pirate

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2014-12-30 18:39:25 UTC
High sec ganking is not out of control. Honest isk making deserves no more respect than dishonest isk making. You do not know what you are talking about. Your ideas are about to be trowing around GD until this thread is locked. Hauling defenses work. Your ignorance and impotent rage is a red flag to trolls.
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#12 - 2014-12-30 18:39:34 UTC
Commander Karin wrote:
I'm a troll? **** off dude, I'm no troll here. Troll is the punishment system for suicide gankers that exists today. If you have some statistics of thoughts I expect some discussion, if not YOU are trolling.

Well, it's either you're a troll, an idiot, or just so completely ignorant that you have no business posting. Your choice.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Avaelica Kuershin
Paper Cats
#13 - 2014-12-30 18:41:06 UTC
Mr. Orange wrote:

"I lost my bling-fit mission ship. Nerf T1 destroyers/cruisers!"
Something like that?
Commander Karin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-12-30 18:45:10 UTC
Cancel Align NOW wrote:
High sec ganking is not out of control. Honest isk making deserves no more respect than dishonest isk making. You do not know what you are talking about. Your ideas are about to be trowing around GD until this thread is locked. Hauling defenses work. Your ignorance and impotent rage is a red flag to trolls.

don't take me wrong, I'm not saying tghat gankers should not exist or should not profit, I'm just saying things should get balanced like I suggested. Actually I suggested things, nobody seens to have read it.

If in RL I destroy a car and get caught by the cops I will have all criminal responsability but I will have to pay the damage property too, in eve that is not true, in EVE you kill anyone and just loose a ship you were supposed to loose anyway.

Let's balance things or like the one said above we all should start joining ganking corps and stop mining, hauling, using faction items, etc.

Finn Stanley
Hilaban Industries United
#15 - 2014-12-30 18:45:42 UTC
first of all,

Concord manipulation. i think is a bug.

In the same way ghost training was a bug. is just an overlook that needs to be fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVaHlGx_P8A

anyone who thinks this is right.

Risk/cost vs reward, has nothing to do with this, not even skill... this is just broken mechanics.
Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#16 - 2014-12-30 18:47:26 UTC
No can I have your stuff yet? Good ... can I have your stuff?
Hengle Teron
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#17 - 2014-12-30 18:48:08 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Roll

RollRoll
Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2014-12-30 18:48:23 UTC
As context the only ship Commander Karin has lost in December 2014 is a hurricane while a member of the federal defense union. There is no substance, either statistically or anecdotally to her claims. Essentially she wants the game changed because she wants the game changed and if the game isn't changed she's going trow her toys and quit.

CCP it's your move.
Commander Karin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2014-12-30 18:48:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Commander Karin
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
No can I have your stuff yet? Good ... can I have your stuff?

When I quit I don't do it for life, but for the time it will take for things get adjusted. So, sorry but I will keep my stuff for the future ;)
Meilandra Vanderganken
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2014-12-30 18:49:10 UTC
Finn Stanley wrote:
the problem with High sec ganking is it doesnt have any real penalty, im a python/django developer and i havent really done so much of gamedev, but i just dont think you should be able to spam ganks indefinitely, and i mean high sec gank, should be posible but not the norm. or at least not unrestricted.

Try going -10, at that point all you CAN do in highsec is gank. All other forms of PvP and PvE are pretty much out of the question then.

Ganking is not 'the norm'. Fly like everyone is out to get you and you'll rarely get ganked. If the OP really gets ganked that often he is either doing something terribly wrong or is terribly unlucky (hint: it's always the doing something terribly wrong part).

Quote:

As it is now the cost of ship plus cargo plus modules just makes every fit a bad decision, even the new bowhead had zero day vulnerability.
With new big valueable ships ppl will go out of their way to be the first to fly them, other ppl will go out of their way to be the first to kill them. The Bowhead was an extra juicy target becuz of the whining about it getting ganked BEFORE it had even launched....

Quote:

Something needs to change because you can call someone a carebear but the other side is just nobody with a brain can afford to fly anything.

You can be a bear all you want, it's the stupid and inexperienced bears that will get blown up 99% of the time while the rest of highsec continues to play safe without getting blown up.
12Next page