These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

T3's... looks do count, just not for much

Author
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-12-29 04:46:59 UTC
Post a screen shot of your T3 and list the subs you use then the ones you wish weren't crap because they look better.
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#2 - 2014-12-29 05:03:30 UTC
I think the sub that gives the Proteus a carrying handle is the most ridiculous.

T3s are crap anyway. Skillpoint loss is dumb. Subs are expensive and big, making carrying them around and swapping them a pain. They can't enter 3/10s and 4/10s. Haven't bothered with them in quite a while.
Serene Repose
#3 - 2014-12-29 06:50:46 UTC
Ssssh. The "artist" just spent a week at a design workshop in Paris . We wouldn't want him to think
he flushed a couple of grand.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Alia Ravenswing
DARK HAT
#4 - 2014-12-29 06:58:57 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
I think the sub that gives the Proteus a carrying handle is the most ridiculous.

T3s are crap anyway. Skillpoint loss is dumb. Subs are expensive and big, making carrying them around and swapping them a pain. They can't enter 3/10s and 4/10s. Haven't bothered with them in quite a while.

T3's are a highly specialized ship. They are not supposed to be a jack of all trades. You decide how you intend to use it, then you fit it for THAT function, and you get a ship that can do THAT very well.

I have several Loki's. that can do the following.

One can out tank 3 PVP battleships. It can't deal any DPS, but it can keep an attack force busy while a second group launches an attack elsewhere.

Another can out run almost anything. Cruising at roughly 5600 m/s cap stable, and can cloak up if needed. Great for speed based contests or combat in deadspace.

Another is designed to get away. Only a heavy Interdictor or 7 points from tacklers could stop it. It has counter attack weapons, ECM Bursts, Jammers, guns Covert Ops Cloak, Interdiction nullification... It's designed to "Get Away" Ideal of smuggling small and high value items, far better than a blockade runner.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-12-29 07:07:01 UTC
Yeah, T3's have become the 'Red-Headed' Stepchild of ships. They could use some CCP love.

Since I'm Minmatar I fly a Loki. When fitted with the subs I use it looks like a Ravenous Locust

Sub systems :
Loki Defensive - Adaptive Shielding
Loki Offensive - Projectile Scoping Array
Loki Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst
Loki Electronics - Tactical Targeting Network
Loki Engineering - Capacitor Regeneration Matrix

Slots :
6 High
6 Med
4 Low

Optional subs :
Loki Offensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Loki Electronics - Emergent Locus Analyzer
Loki Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier

Depending on the situation I sometimes use the optional subs listed above, however they tend to gimp the offensive stats something fierce.

DMC
Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#6 - 2014-12-29 07:14:39 UTC
I don't have any T3 but the Legion got a subsystem (for exploration probes) which makes it look like tiny Avatar Titan :)
Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#7 - 2014-12-29 07:17:21 UTC
If you set a Legion up to essentially never uncloak, never get caught on gates and never provide dps in a fight, it looks a lot like an Avatar.

hmmm...

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#8 - 2014-12-29 16:32:11 UTC
imo this is about as good as you can make a legion look (yes that's yo gaba gaba partitioned).

I really really wish I could get some dps out of the cloaky legion but it just sucks so hard.

Can't remember the other subs though apart from the dissolution sequencer .
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-12-29 21:04:03 UTC
I think the pvp legion is really the only t3 that can be desctibed as sexy. The tengu and loki both look cobbled together in any config and tje prot always looks like someone with a bunch of anal scaring tried to poop then just gave up and pinched it off. I love the idea of t3 cruisers but the art dept really needs to make my screen easier to look at. I appreciate all the amazing work they have been putting in all over the game and hope they take another turn on these ships.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#10 - 2014-12-29 23:54:36 UTC
The legion is also the only T3 capable of 8 highslots with the right configuration. Using the "mini-avatar" subsystem it has 48km tractor beams and could be covert and nullified fit to essentially have the perfect ninja salvager with covert cloak, expanded launcher, and 3/3 salvagers/tractors.

It was actually both my L4 runner and L4 salvager before the noctis existed. I just swapped sub-systems and warped back in to the mission pocket.

The Drake is a Lie

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#11 - 2014-12-30 04:24:32 UTC
Alia Ravenswing wrote:

T3's are a highly specialized ship. They are not supposed to be a jack of all trades.

That is exactly the opposite of what CCP said T3s are supposed to be.

Alia Ravenswing wrote:

You decide how you intend to use it, then you fit it for THAT function, and you get a ship that can do THAT very well.

Sounds like a job for a T2 ship.
Chaotix Morwen
Church Of BDSM
#12 - 2014-12-30 11:07:30 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
Alia Ravenswing wrote:

T3's are a highly specialized ship. They are not supposed to be a jack of all trades.

That is exactly the opposite of what CCP said T3s are supposed to be.

Alia Ravenswing wrote:

You decide how you intend to use it, then you fit it for THAT function, and you get a ship that can do THAT very well.

Sounds like a job for a T2 ship.

CCP arent renowned for accomplishing their own goals, the T3 was supposed to be a customisable ship that is able to adapt to any situation, they are instead a superior HAC, if people werent so stingy we would never see any HAC (except for Ishtards ofc).
Emilia Zapata
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-12-30 11:36:01 UTC
it's a balance thing. If T3s were pretty on top of being OP, why fly anything else?
Abyss Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2014-12-30 13:22:37 UTC
Emilia Zapata wrote:
why fly anything else?

Fixed, according to current game balance.
Aiyshimin
Shiva Furnace
#15 - 2014-12-30 15:16:57 UTC
Proteus CPU sub looks awesome and would save the ship from deep fugliness, if it wasn't totally useless.

All Loki and Tengu setups are ugly, but so are all the rest of the shiplines.

Legion has decent looking setups, the mini-avatar not being one of them.

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#16 - 2014-12-30 20:05:48 UTC
My WH RR T3 looks a lot like a grinning pit bull. As a former wrestling fan (don't judge) I even called it "Dog Faced Gremlin" bonus points if you get the reference.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#17 - 2014-12-30 20:37:01 UTC
Aiyshimin wrote:
All Loki and Tengu setups are ugly, but so are all the rest of the shiplines.

Point of view. I think tengu with emergent locus analyzer looks amazing. Bird like demon from japanese mythology. Caldari and Minmatars ships are not supposed to be pretty.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

ctx1769
Doomheim
#18 - 2014-12-30 21:34:47 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
My WH RR T3 looks a lot like a grinning pit bull. As a former wrestling fan (don't judge) I even called it "Dog Faced Gremlin" bonus points if you get the reference.

At least you will know the name "Shirley Crabtree" Blink
Signal11th
#19 - 2014-12-31 08:56:10 UTC
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
Post a screen shot of your T3 and list the subs you use then the ones you wish weren't crap because they look better.

Personally if putting on subs that make it look like a flying turd but it performs better then I'm flying round in a turd, people seem to thing the better a thing/person looks the better they are when in reality the opposite is usually true.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2014-12-31 09:43:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Praxis Ginimic
Signal11th wrote:
Praxis Ginimic wrote:

Personally if putting on subs that make it look like a flying turd but it performs better then I'm flying round in a turd, people seem to thing the better a thing/person looks the better they are when in reality the opposite is usually true.

I have to disagree on a few levels.
1. This is a virtual reality where things can both look and be good.
2. IRL, I am both ruggedly handsome and quite competent.

I do see yoir point in a "give all the fat kids a ribbon for trying" sort of way but I just can't sign on to the sentiment.

Edited for spelling. On second thought, I guess I should mention that my smart phone looks pretty cool but the tiny virtual keyboard pisses me off... so... +1 for Signal11th
12Next page