These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Lame Wardec

Author
Nevil Oscillator
#1 - 2014-12-30 03:29:10 UTC
What was the most lame Wardec in the history of Eve ?
Jenshae Chiroptera
#2 - 2014-12-30 04:11:40 UTC
96% of them, pick one.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Aemilia Tertia
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-12-30 04:14:05 UTC
The way high-sec war decs are going you'd be hard pressed to choose! My main has had 4 war-decs in recent memory and not one has tried to be a real threat. I've mined and run missions and on a couple of occasions done freighter runs. How did I get away with this? Because the war targets like to hug trade hubs and wait for their targets to come to them and even then you have to be dumb to get caught. Honestly there must be a real brain drain in the high-sec pvp community ether that or more Null sec players are coming back to high-sec to try and find content.
Nevil Oscillator
#4 - 2014-12-30 04:55:15 UTC
Aemilia Tertia wrote:
The way high-sec war decs are going you'd be hard pressed to choose! My main has had 4 war-decs in recent memory and not one has tried to be a real threat. I've mined and run missions and on a couple of occasions done freighter runs. How did I get away with this? Because the war targets like to hug trade hubs and wait for their targets to come to them and even then you have to be dumb to get caught. Honestly there must be a real brain drain in the high-sec pvp community ether that or more Null sec players are coming back to high-sec to try and find content.

They did do something other than just click declare war then ?
Aemilia Tertia
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-12-30 05:10:16 UTC
Nevil Oscillator wrote:
Aemilia Tertia wrote:

They did do something other than just click declare war then ?

I assumed they were doing something because I could see when they were logged in but I didn't actually see any in space.

My main ambition in eve is to get rich and own shiny things so PvP is counterproductive to my goals so if this is the new trend for high-sec war-decs then I'm a happy man.
Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#6 - 2014-12-30 05:10:26 UTC
Nevil Oscillator wrote:

Our war. Gets wardecced and we blow up their shiny mach.Pirate A few days later we make a fleet and head to jita to bait some more idiots and we got smacktalked in local. We then proceeded to spam the war report with them having zero kills and us having killed one of their blingy machariels that has already left corp.Smile

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Nevil Oscillator
#7 - 2014-12-30 06:01:48 UTC
Aemilia Tertia wrote:

My main ambition in eve is to get rich and own shiny things so PvP is counterproductive to my goals so if this is the new trend for high-sec war-decs then I'm a happy man.

All roads lead to Rome and

All Roams lead to Rhodes
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#8 - 2014-12-30 06:38:43 UTC
Aemilia Tertia wrote:

Well actually, though I do not defend it, them hanging out at the trade hubs to prevent you from going there might have been the goal. So indeed a wardec might be "lame" if one approaches the concept from the perspective of "make war" but they might have been trying to take control of the market there, something that your presence or supply chain might have been in the way of.

Wardecs for that reason are perfectly legitimate in the vision of Eve. While it is said that not all PVP is players shooting each other, not all wardecs are seen to that end either.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Aemilia Tertia
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-12-30 06:54:44 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Aemilia Tertia wrote:

Well actually, though I do not defend it, them hanging out at the trade hubs to prevent you from going there might have been the goal. So indeed a wardec might be "lame" if one approaches the concept from the perspective of "make war" but they might have been trying to take control of the market there, something that your presence or supply chain might have been in the way of.

Wardecs for that reason are perfectly legitimate in the vision of Eve. While it is said that not all PVP is players shooting each other, not all wardecs are seen to that end either.

True but we have alts in NPC corps, a little like this one :) which make such strategies a complete waist of time and ISK.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-12-30 11:31:34 UTC
Polaris

Cos you just can't.
Dornlin Labiani
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2014-12-30 13:14:18 UTC
WE were decced by a indy farming corp.

Attacking characters decorped (?!?!?!?)

We ganked their miners anyway.

We had a single WT kill.

They whined anyway.

War ended. We're still ganking their miners.
Abyss Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2014-12-30 13:16:57 UTC
"Almost" all of them, as they don't work because any non-new player has alts in npc corps/1-man corps to get around wardecs entirely. I say "almost" because brand new clueless (stupid) players may fall victim to them, and I suppose we got RvB out of wardecs, so they aren't totally worthless.
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
P I R A T
#13 - 2014-12-30 13:49:32 UTC
Getting kills on a war we declared on CCP was fun (see bio). And our paid contract for a year now with the entire CFC is also fun. Twisted

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#14 - 2014-12-30 14:09:09 UTC
I think at one point CCP itself declared war on Pandemic Legion, or something along those lines.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#15 - 2014-12-30 14:31:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerath Naaris
Ah, the one time when Wardecs were like some contagious disease which you couldnĀ“t escape from and half of Eve Online, including about five-, six-thousand RvBers were caught in a Wardec.
A clearly broken mechanic that actually turned out to be awesome. For some.

Every Wardec since then can probably considered lame.....

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Gunner Stahl
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2014-12-30 14:37:35 UTC
When your CO decides we're going to null to harass some alliance over personal beef, then cuts off his own resupply lines with lulzy wardecs.

70 jumps from home in a handful of bombers . Reading the wardec mails was like watching Cortes burn his own ships.

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#17 - 2014-12-30 15:01:11 UTC
Some people once wardecced my lowsec-based corp, then started smack-talking about how we were "hiding in lowsec" and how we should "come to Jita to fight like real men". I'm not kidding.

They came down to lowsec to fight just once. They lost.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#18 - 2014-12-30 15:06:06 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
I think at one point CCP itself declared war on Pandemic Legion, or something along those lines.

please tell me there are pictures... pretty please!
Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#19 - 2014-12-30 15:08:59 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Some people once wardecced my lowsec-based corp, then started smack-talking about how we were "hiding in lowsec" and how we should "come to Jita to fight like real men". I'm not kidding.

They came down to lowsec to fight just once. They lost.

This reminds me of the uncountable number of cowards in Hek.

Calling me a coward for bouncing around on grid *avoiding the faction police* ...
... instead of staying put so they can have it easy with said police helping ...
... while eating volley after volley and docking in station.

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#20 - 2014-12-30 15:23:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Ptraci
Nevil Oscillator wrote:

The wardec against Goons of course - since everyone knew that goons would complain to their dev buddies so that no one could ever afford to wardec goons ever again. Cos you know, goons are "special".

Yeah. Grrr goons. Bite me.
12Next page