These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Best gallente low sp nullsec ratting ship/fit?

Author
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#21 - 2014-12-29 05:37:54 UTC
In that case can't you team up with a corpie?

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Perkin Warbeck
Higher Than Everest
#22 - 2014-12-29 07:48:53 UTC
Take a look at the 100mn AB Vexor Navy Issue that Brave Newbies use. It is very, very effective in most null sec anoms and is good for low SP pilots even if it isn't the cheapest fit around (it's around 100mill).
Ezpzy
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-12-29 08:54:55 UTC
Perkin Warbeck wrote:
Take a look at the 100mn AB Vexor Navy Issue that Brave Newbies use. It is very, very effective in most null sec anoms and is good for low SP pilots even if it isn't the cheapest fit around (it's around 100mill).

Can you give me a link? I cant find it in google for some reason
Perkin Warbeck
Higher Than Everest
#24 - 2014-12-29 10:18:42 UTC
Ezpzy wrote:
Perkin Warbeck wrote:

Can you give me a link? I cant find it in google for some reason

I think this is the one they use in Catch (fitted for Sansha rats). I'm sure a Brave Newbie will correct me if I'm wrong.

Orbit an MTU at about 50km with afterburner on and use the Imperial Navy Praetors or T2 heavies if you can use them.

[Vexor Navy Issue - Brave PvE ]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Beta Reactor Control: Capacitor Power Relay I

100MN Afterburner II
Drone Navigation Computer I
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Drone Link Augmentor I
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Acolyte II x5
Imperial Navy Praetor x5
Infiltrator II x5

An added bonus is that they are actually pretty hard to hot drop as they often coast out of range by the time your cloaking penalty finishes and you can finally lock them.
ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2014-12-29 19:56:33 UTC
Vexor is a solid choice and if you stick with it the Ishtar is an awesome next step. You seem to be on the right track.

I've posted this a million times before but if you are shooting at a NPC that is repairing 100 DPS and you are dishing out 110 DPS then a 10 DPS increase will cut the time to kill that rat in half. Yes at your skills it will take a while but on the up side with just a couple skill ups it will get much much better. It's a lot more fun to be where you are then to be training a skill for a month only to not even notice the difference when it's done.

You are at a very fun part of the game enjoy it while it lasts. Yes there are benefits to having high skill points but don't over look the benefits to having low skill points. Enjoy where you are in the game .

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Jurico Elemenohpe
Flipsid3 Tactics
#26 - 2014-12-30 09:00:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Jurico Elemenohpe
VNI \o/
Not sure if you can afford it or how safe your ratting space is, but I ran this and it worked (Sansha Forsaken Hubs solo)
[Vexor Navy Issue, Speed Tank]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Thermic Membrane II

100MN Afterburner II
[empty med slot]
[empty med slot]
[empty med slot]

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Imperial Navy Praetor x5

Mids to taste.
Replace Thermic Membrane with w/e gives best bonus for your rats.
Replaces Drones with w/e for your rats.
Don't need to faction, t1 might be a good idea because of drone aggro.
Pulse Rep whenever you need it.
Orbit something in the middle of the site at drone control range-(5-10)k.
Highs/mids to taste, I recommend drone nav computer*2 and target painter. DLA in the highs.
If the tank isn't enough, try dropping a DDA for another membrane. And train up the compensation skills.

E: Forgot to mention, you want to run sites that have all the spawns in one place (the center) to minimize travel time of drones and so you don't run into rats that've spawned 40k off the center. Sites like Forsaken Hubs.
EE: Just realized one was posted a couple of posts up. I've never seen it shield though.. Also active master race (for pve) \o/
Ezpzy
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-12-30 09:54:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Ezpzy
I tried the 100mn VNI fit but I dont think it'll work on low sp character. I tried the fit using EFT and my cap isnt stable with my character. cap rans out at 2:12 and I think it would only work if its stable or at least 10mins+ otherwise I dont think 2:12 is enough to clear these rats. if my cap rans out I'm pretty much dead.
Jurico Elemenohpe
Flipsid3 Tactics
#28 - 2014-12-30 09:58:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Jurico Elemenohpe
Ezpzy wrote:
I tried the 100mn VNI fit but I dont think it'll work on low sp character. I tried the fit using EFT and my cap isnt stable with my character. cap rans out at 2:12 and I think it would only work if its stable or at least 10mins+ otherwise I dont think 2:12 is enough to clear these rats. if my cap rans out I'm pretty much dead.
Doesn't need to be cap stable. Most of the damage should be mitigated by the speed, and the repper to get through the damage that does bypass that.
As long as it's cap stable with AB on, it should be fine.
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-12-30 10:07:46 UTC
Yeah, people really need to stop focusing on getting pve ships cap stable. While it is nice to be able to run everything and not worry about it, it's usually at a cost of performance.

You should be aiming to be not a lazy pilot.
Ezpzy
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2014-12-30 10:19:22 UTC
I tried it again with EFT, just with AB on my cap last 1m 43s. Having both armor rep and AB on will only last 53 second. I only have 1.2m sp, only been playing for like 2 weeks.
Jurico Elemenohpe
Flipsid3 Tactics
#31 - 2014-12-30 10:29:44 UTC
Ezpzy wrote:
I tried it again with EFT, just with AB on my cap last 1m 43s. Having both armor rep and AB on will only last 53 second. I only have 1.2m sp, only been playing for like 2 weeks.
How about something like
[Vexor Navy Issue, Speed Tank]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Thermic Membrane II

Experimental 100MN Afterburner I
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor I
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Imperial Navy Praetor x5

Stable with Fuel Conservation 3, Afterburner 3, Management 2 and CSO 4
Kahlor Dualblood
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2014-12-30 13:37:39 UTC
Am a Brave Newbie, can confirm we love the VNI!

I use:

Highs

Drone Link Augmentor II
Empty
Empty
Empty

Mids

Experimental 100MN Afterburner I
Omnidirectional Tracking Link I (with optimal range script)
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Lows

Damage Control II
Beta Reactor Control: Capacitor Power Relay I

Rigs

Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Drone

5x Acolyte II
5 x Imperial Navy Praetor
5 Salvage Drone I
5 X Warrior II

This fit is geared for Sansha rats obviously, but change the rigs and drones to suit. Dont bother with T2 sentries, the navy ones are expensive, but its just not worth the long train for T2

You do not need an armour repairer as you wont get hit if you fly it correctly, just orbit something at 50km and watch your drones melt face.

With my skills I'm cap stable at 40%, move at 1200m/s, got 33k EHP and do 562 DPS.

I cannot stress how good this thing is for null sec ratting. fitting comes in at around 100 milion isk.
Nycha
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2014-12-30 14:39:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Nycha
I used a Myrmidon for belt ratting a long time ago. It was cheap didnt needed a ton of skills (I had 0 gun skills) and very forgiving. I ratted in non station systems and the rats were 1-2 battleships with a couple of smaller vessels. Frigs could warp scramble/web sometimes. The plan was to warp in, burn to the group, pull aggro on the way, throw out the drones after aggro, get in reach of a bs and nos it for cap. If drones got aggro you pull them into bay (shields got refreshed) and threw them out seconds later. First target was scramble frigs, than damage dealer. After everything dead I would tractor pull (had a single one) wrecks for loot.
From time to time some unknown would jump into local so you had to gtfo as fast as possible and hide.

Anyway, the times are over and this is my current take on a similar situation:

[Myrmidon, cheap pve brawler]

Medium 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I
Medium 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I
Armor Thermic Hardener I
Armor Kinetic Hardener I

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 800
Eutectic Capacitor Charge Array

Drone Link Augmentor I
Prototype Cloaking Device I
Medium Nosferatu I
Medium Nosferatu I
Medium Remote Armor Repairer I

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

(Gecko x2)
Hobgoblin I x5
Ogre I x4

Advantages to your vexor fit:
- more ehp
- more than double hp/sec repped
- 1/3 more drone dps (ogre i)
- nearly double as fast (max)
- capstable

Disadvantages:
- 4times more expensive (if you use geckos a LOT more)
- less agile
- more skillpoints needed
- uses cap boosters

You will need a secure container somewhere with spare cap booster (I deposited a conti with a t1 inty and every couple of days I collected the loot out of it and restocked the booster).
If you go with geckos you will get a lot more drone dps compared to ogres.
The cap recharge might look like totally overkill. It is most of the times. The point is (was for me) that running into the rats full speed was really high damage which forced me to use microwarp + 2 reppers sometimes until I could start nossing. The cap booster made sure everything was working if things really went wrong (which was very very seldom).
Put guns into the highs for more dps (I never bothered, utility was more important to me than killing things some seconds faster). If youre sure that 2 reppers arent needed put another dda in (you can also reduce cap provider items).
Ersahi Kir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2014-12-30 18:02:36 UTC
There is a lot of good advise in this thread, and here are some things that I think are worth noting.

The myrm is a good choice for ratting if you're willing to train battlecruisers because the drone skills transfer, you just have to get 3 or 4 levels in galente battlecruiser (and it looks boss).

If you're fighting guristas rats keep using wasps/vespas. The galente drones do more paper DPS, but every time I tested I killed guristas rats faster with caldari drones because of lower kinetic resists. If you're fighting serpentis switch over to galente drones (ogres/hammerheads). If you're using sentries ignore everything I say, because I don't know squat about sentries.
Previous page12