These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

OMG wtf is this??

First post
Author
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#81 - 2011-12-18 03:30:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Jhagiti Tyran
Youwai wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
There is no automation.

Are you serious?
He plays 1 character, the rest follows the main actions automaticly. Tell me, wheres 'no automation' now?

He plays all the characters simultaneously, each ship is identical with an identical fitting and each client layout is also identical he operates all of the computers in the cluster at the same time so each client and ship responds in the same way as the others. In the case of his logistic ships he runs 2 groups of identically fitted and simultaneously operated ships, this is no different from any other player flying say a BS and a logi apart from the fact he simultaneously operates a group of logis and BS.

He just uses lots of computers and clients and some software that duplicates key presses and mouse strokes across each one, he doesn't fly one ship and then activate macros.

If the game play was "automated" the ships would do whatever it is they do independently because they are programmed to do, just like bots would. If he doesn't operate the controls the groups of ships would be idle in the same way a ship that we fly would, bots however don't and will continue to mine, rat or w/e all day long and need no intervention.

Professor Alphane wrote:
Gotta say though I'd love to see this imagined mechanical device, that some people have used in there arguements, that could do the same thing. That would be some mechanical monstrosity

He did have a mechanical solution at first, it was lots of mice duct taped together around chop sticks. But after CCP gave him confirmation that the duplicated software was legal he scrapped that idea and was able to operate more computers.
Professor Alphane
Les Corsaires Diable
#82 - 2011-12-18 03:51:22 UTC
Dunno 25 mice tapped together, I'm still kinda cynical. Plus what do you do for a keyboard ( or 25 ).

I was imaganing a compex machine of brass clockwork, like something out of a victorian sci-fi novel. Lol

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#83 - 2011-12-18 03:54:46 UTC
Professor Alphane wrote:
Dunno 25 mice tapped together, I'm still kinda cynical. Plus what do you do for a keyboard ( or 25 ).

I was imaganing a compex machine of brass clockwork, like something out of a victorian sci-fi novel. Lol

He didnt have that many at first, here is the mechanical setup. lots of speed pads, sticks, mice and ducktape Big smile
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#84 - 2011-12-18 03:59:06 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Professor Alphane wrote:

He didnt have that many at first, here is the mechanical setup. lots of speed pads, sticks, mice and ducktape Big smile

God that thing is awesome!! Real creativity there.
Professor Alphane
Les Corsaires Diable
#85 - 2011-12-18 04:11:54 UTC
Yes kinda reminds me somewhat of those mad japanese hobby inventors, some of there stuff is mad.

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

Archare
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2011-12-18 04:16:09 UTC
Yeah IIRC that chopstick setup was also a FU to CCP at the same time to point out how ridiculous it was to ban multi input from a single device
Tore Vest
#87 - 2011-12-18 04:36:59 UTC
Most players in good alliances are dual/tripple boxing in fleet.. Cool

Or.. they did....

Before SC nerf.... Sad

No troll.

Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#88 - 2011-12-18 05:35:21 UTC
30,000 thousand people online 25.000 alts/bots interesting game tad boring as well.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Zleon Leigh
#89 - 2011-12-18 06:13:00 UTC
Imagine if he was scamming in Jita....

Incarna - Newest business example of mismanaged capital. CCP - Continuing to gank independent PI producers every day

PvP's latest  incentive program ** Unified Inventory **  'Cause you gotta kill something after trying to use it

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#90 - 2011-12-18 06:14:48 UTC
Zleon Leigh wrote:
Imagine if he was scamming in Jita....

you know all those alts spamming local?......
Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#91 - 2011-12-18 06:42:50 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
I remember some thread where CCP stated that using synergy or similar is "ok", so that pretty much clarifies this thread. Just don't end up to his primary.

The thread where they stated that synergy was ok as long as it didn't do the same action across multiple clients, yes I remember that one too.

Also, I remember the OP of that thread posting pictures of his setup where he had built a contraption allowing him to move 9 mice at once and click them, this was found to also be against the EULA.

Nyan

Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#92 - 2011-12-18 09:13:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Jhagiti Tyran
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
I remember some thread where CCP stated that using synergy or similar is "ok", so that pretty much clarifies this thread. Just don't end up to his primary.

The thread where they stated that synergy was ok as long as it didn't do the same action across multiple clients, yes I remember that one too.

Also, I remember the OP of that thread posting pictures of his setup where he had built a contraption allowing him to move 9 mice at once and click them, this was found to also be against the EULA.

No it wasn't CCP told him his setups where fine, check his website for details. He has links to the GMs post stating that "Lastly, multiboxing is allowed, and programs designed for multiboxing in mind which allow a player to manually issue the same command to multiple game clients at the same time are allowed."

So stop making things up.
Anazzar
Polaris Space Industries
#93 - 2011-12-18 13:00:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Anazzar
Interesting to see that the Eve community reacts selectively to pay to win scenarios (this being pay to win x20).

Regardless on whether he is paying for the accounts for someone else is via plex I don't see how different this is than "gold ammo" in that you pay real money for an ingame advantage (or someone else does and you buy it off him for isk).

Although I can't really rally against it myself as I am familiar with the advantages of two accounts on dual monitors to the point I am considering a third.
Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2011-12-18 13:27:04 UTC
What this guy is doing is the 21st century equivalent of the Jefferson polygraph that allowed him to write duplicate letters in one stroke of the pen. There's nothing wrong with this, IMO.

Don't ban me, bro!

CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#95 - 2011-12-18 13:50:54 UTC
If you suspect someone violating our TOS, please file a petition. Please do the same if you wonder if your gameplay is legit and within our rules, best you do that before you act.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#96 - 2011-12-18 13:56:06 UTC
mkint wrote:
Apollo-Moor wrote:

EDIT: Botting/Automation and multiboxing with one KB and mouse are not the same thing..

The difference being automating through "multiboxing" has some halfassed justifications. It is still automation. It is still things that are flat out impossible to do in the same timeframe without special automation software/hardware.

The justification "anyone could do it" that some are spouting out is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Anyone can go to any botting software website, download that crap, and bot like crazy as well. That must mean you consider it okay, which must mean that you probably do it yourselves, which is probably worth a CCP investigation (if only the security guy didn't work for goons. Sad )

Your ability to play the game comes about from automation. It takes a computer to interpret your monkey-like key presses and mouse clicks and turn them into an intelligible stream of 0's and 1's that the EVE server understands.

If you're so against automation, why don't you start hand-crafting your own data packets and sending them? You have "paid to win" by using network protocols and fancy-schmancy CPUs to do all the work for you.

The difference between automation of multiple accounts and botting is that botting takes feedback FROM THE GAME and makes decisions on what input to send. Multiboxing takes input entirely FROM THE PLAYER.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#97 - 2011-12-18 14:34:05 UTC
I honestly have no issues with this as long as he is at the keyboard. I actually came across his army in low sec yesterday right before my event. Thought for sure his clone army would show up to it.
Arbiter Reformed
I Have a Plan
Shadow Cartel
#98 - 2011-12-18 15:15:13 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
I honestly have no issues with this as long as he is at the keyboard. I actually came across his army in low sec yesterday right before my event. Thought for sure his clone army would show up to it.

aww idd i miss that? lame how did it go?

as for the over 9000 acccount guy, if nothing else it seems to be doing his grandmas health some good, if perhaps not her wallets. (surley she has better things to buy)

Orlacc
#99 - 2011-12-18 15:54:20 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
In any other game, that is bannable.

Why it's allowed in Eve, I do not know...

Is your sub up soon?

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Mirima Thurander
#100 - 2011-12-18 16:02:32 UTC
Professor Alphane wrote:
Good luck to the guy I say.

Gotta say though I'd love to see this imagined mechanical device, that some people have used in there arguements, that could do the same thing. That would be some mechanical monstrosity.

At the end of the day I feel a lttile sorry for him, most of the fun to me is the sense of comradary, achievment is sort of secondary to my mind. When he says ' I bust 3 monitors in a rage over some problem' or somesuch you got to think , stable much?. Also 'My gran gave up smoking so I could blag more of her money of her' ... er ye man get a grip fella, apply these talents you got to doing something a little more than entertaining yourself, and maybe support yourself at the same time. Roll

you know the guy we are talking about, has a web page

and on that web page he has that thing you wish to see on it last time i was by there

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.