These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

nestor

Author
KnightMaire kings
The Exchange Collective
#1 - 2014-12-22 22:06:58 UTC
are nestor bad at all thangs or just thangs people actoly whant

The only major drawback is the crazed notion that the inventory would look so much better if merely rearranged ONE MORE TIME.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#2 - 2014-12-22 22:16:22 UTC
No one knows.
Frank Millar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2014-12-22 22:37:26 UTC
English. Capitalisation. Punctuation. They are missing.
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2014-12-22 22:56:42 UTC
I think the OPs post sums up the Nestor perfectly.
MissBehaving
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-12-23 19:19:36 UTC
How does one even respond to this?
SFM Hobb3s
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-12-23 20:10:16 UTC
I miss that Montolio guy or whatever and his POASTINGS.
Xylem Viliana
homeless bum
#7 - 2014-12-23 23:29:19 UTC
Nestor is good but only in a small niche unfortunately.

We have used them as incursion VG logi, they can offer remote tracking links but they aren't as good as they could be. But it's a logi with 700-800 dps depending on the fitting.

I've also seen it used for spidertanking in missions and anomalies.

I can't see them being used much outside that, but the Eve community is nothing if not inventive.
KnightMaire kings
The Exchange Collective
#8 - 2014-12-23 23:46:27 UTC
mabby smart bumbs as it has a rezist and a drone bounus

The only major drawback is the crazed notion that the inventory would look so much better if merely rearranged ONE MORE TIME.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-12-24 02:36:42 UTC
I have heard of people spider tanking small gangs of them but that is an awful lot of ISK tied up in a fleet doing something you could do much more cheaply in some other way.
Templar Dane
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#10 - 2014-12-24 02:41:47 UTC
teh noustor iz a greout batelshop
Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#11 - 2014-12-25 09:30:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Utari Onzo
In aur flehts we use teh nestor as an RR plahtform with arma tanked eeshtarz. We call dis mahnuvah steel rehn.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

RcTamiya Leontis
Magister Mortalis.
#12 - 2014-12-25 12:20:57 UTC
Well our Nestors in wspace ended in several battles with 0 kills 0 losses .... issue: bad dmg projection outside of drones (none in RR-Setups) + capchains are limited to short range.
Pro: even 8 jamm-tengus weren't able to break our 4 nestors once (240 sensors strenght and thats like 50% of possible ....) also 1 Nestor with t2 fit cank tank ~ 5-6k dps if repped by another Nestor, infinite if cap chaining, also neuting isnt that efficient, their slot layout is very good to compensate+ refitting service.
Biggest issue: Hostiles who shoot their drones, Hostiles who have huge amount of Smartbombs & beeing very expensive (1,8b/nestor in average for a good fit + ship + refit)
Bad ? Definetly not, but only useable as brawling logi, they need energy trans range as well ;)
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#13 - 2014-12-25 19:17:34 UTC
RcTamiya Leontis wrote:

they need energy trans range as well ;)

This would be a good buff for the Nestor.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Nodire Hermetz
Jump 2 Beacon
Deepwater Hooligans
#14 - 2014-12-25 19:26:40 UTC
amor&energy transfer bonuses would make them like a "pocket-carrier" without the jumpdrives , it could be good
Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#15 - 2014-12-25 21:22:17 UTC
Nodire Hermetz wrote:
amor&energy transfer bonuses would make them like a "pocket-carrier" without the jumpdrives , it could be good

I would take this over the removal of the energy weapon bonus, however we would perhaps need a nerf to its drone bay/damage so that it wouldn't be a strictly 'better' Domi

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Chris Winter
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#16 - 2014-12-25 23:37:19 UTC
Technically, when just looking at the drone side of things, the Nestor isn't an upgrade from the Domi since it lacks the range and tracking bonuses.

The nestor's problem is that it tries to do too many things and ends up failing at all of them.

The Nestor needs to lose the logi bonuses and just become a BS-sized version of the frigate/cruiser.

Then they need to introduce new logi BSes, one for each race, with similar sorts of bonuses to the existing logi cruisers.
RcTamiya Leontis
Magister Mortalis.
#17 - 2014-12-28 02:41:34 UTC
Chris Winter wrote:
Technically, when just looking at the drone side of things, the Nestor isn't an upgrade from the Domi since it lacks the range and tracking bonuses.

The nestor's problem is that it tries to do too many things and ends up failing at all of them.

The Nestor needs to lose the logi bonuses and just become a BS-sized version of the frigate/cruiser.

Then they need to introduce new logi BSes, one for each race, with similar sorts of bonuses to the existing logi cruisers.

Or just change the Nestor do a real logi bs and maybe adda shield-version of it to another faction -> fixxed with less effort ;)
Quanah Comanche
#18 - 2014-12-28 03:01:44 UTC
KnightMaire kings wrote:
are nestor bad at all thangs or just thangs people actoly whant

Why do you purposely spell poorly? Is it funny?
Chris Winter
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#19 - 2014-12-28 04:36:49 UTC
RcTamiya Leontis wrote:

Or just change the Nestor do a real logi bs and maybe adda shield-version of it to another faction -> fixxed with less effort ;)

I'd be totally okay with that, too. The lack of a shield version makes me sad.
RcTamiya Leontis
Magister Mortalis.
#20 - 2014-12-29 08:43:05 UTC
Chris Winter wrote:
RcTamiya Leontis wrote:

I'd be totally okay with that, too. The lack of a shield version makes me sad.

It's because CCP seems to prefer RR-Setups armor-based and Kiting shield-based, kiter's don't need a Ship like the Nestor, instead they need something like mwd scimis or MWD basis (just don't do it....), that's why there isn't any shield-faction with a RR-based ship, yet.
TBH i don't miss the lack of a shieldversion, personally i prefer RR-Rattles (if shield), their dps is good, tank is fine and still useable for RR.
Otherwise RR-Armor, easier to manage with midslots for cap boosters, tackle, eccm, mwd, ....