These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Target Spectrum Breaker as Dscan muddier

Author
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2014-12-25 17:55:20 UTC
So as CCP is now absolutely adding Dscan immunity, this means they have an ability to finally mess with the setting. The target Spectrum breaker really doesn't do much in game as of now. Why not instead make it so that its an activatable module that relabels you on dscan as dscan disruption spot?
This would allow for alternative forms of bait and trapping.
As for the downside, I was thinking of reversing the effects of the breaker, such that it will randomly cause a target drop on you.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#2 - 2014-12-25 18:08:54 UTC
This is the single best idea I have ever seen suggested for the Target Spectrum Breaker. That may not be saying much, but its a step above remove the module from the game and refund all minerals.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

colera deldios
#3 - 2014-12-25 18:13:17 UTC
NEONOVUS wrote:
So as CCP is now absolutely adding Dscan immunity, this means they have an ability to finally mess with the setting. The target Spectrum breaker really doesn't do much in game as of now. Why not instead make it so that its an activatable module that relabels you on dscan as dscan disruption spot?
As for the downside, I was thinking of reversing the effects of the breaker, such that it will randomly cause a target drop on you.

Why not just remove the dscan. Why stop there why not just rename all ships to Ibis and make them all noob ship type. Why even have probe scanner or overview or chat why even have local. While on the subject let's make intel channels an bannable explot.

Why stop there let's make blasters use crystals and lasers use projectiles. Why even have ships let's swap them with drones and let's add walking in stations to these drones. And why even have PVP or PVE let's just remove every part of them or actually let's just remove game it self and just leave the forums we can PVP on the forums.

Got any more stupid ideas ?
Maria Dragoon
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-12-25 19:08:18 UTC
colera deldios wrote:
NEONOVUS wrote:

Why not just remove the dscan. Why stop there why not just rename all ships to Ibis and make them all noob ship type. Why even have probe scanner or overview or chat why even have local. While on the subject let's make intel channels an bannable explot.

Why stop there let's make blasters use crystals and lasers use projectiles. Why even have ships let's swap them with drones and let's add walking in stations to these drones. And why even have PVP or PVE let's just remove every part of them or actually let's just remove game it self and just leave the forums we can PVP on the forums.

Got any more stupid ideas ?

because the problem with removing Dscan as with removing local. What are you going to replace it with so that one side of things don't become over powered?

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. Confucius

"A man who talks to people who aren't real is crazy. A man who talks to people who aren't real and writes down what they say is an author."

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#5 - 2014-12-25 19:12:01 UTC
This is a great idea for the TSB:

+1, I'd love to see this worked with Smile
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#6 - 2014-12-26 03:53:08 UTC
I'm a little confused. Are you saying that activating a target spectrum breaker will make you function like a mobile scan inhibitor deployable?
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#7 - 2014-12-26 04:03:09 UTC
The content potential this adds to eve is amazing.

I'm not that easy to convince but you got me.

Supported because bigger playing field.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2014-12-26 20:23:53 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
I'm a little confused. Are you saying that activating a target spectrum breaker will make you function like a mobile scan inhibitor deployable?

Yes, in that you are clearly on dscan, but nobody knows what you are.
So they will know numbers, distance and so on, but not 3 BS, 5 Frigs, 16 cruisers or exact ship types.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#9 - 2014-12-26 20:53:55 UTC
NEONOVUS wrote:

Yes, in that you are clearly on dscan, but nobody knows what you are.
So they will know numbers, distance and so on, but not 3 BS, 5 Frigs, 16 cruisers or exact ship types.

I'd like to see Dscan be less exact to start with, at which point you probably wouldn't need this. If all you got was general ship size rather than exact type.
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2014-12-26 23:03:54 UTC
I'd still like the nesyor to getr a bonus on TSB's, would make them a swine to deal with especially in fleet ops
Alric Rosenthal
Black Fox Marauders
Pen Is Out
#11 - 2014-12-26 23:27:53 UTC
This is not a bad idea. Of course it would have to have similar fitting req to a cloak.

“War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.” - William Tecumseh Sherman

Lugh Crow-Slave
#12 - 2014-12-26 23:51:29 UTC
I like the idea it will also make the scan inhibitor more useful as now you wouldn't know if it was one ship using this mod or if it was several inside an inhibitor

i would say it needs to either boost your sig or lower your scan res (harder to identify on D-scan but easier to scan down with probs) and if coding permits have you show up as a scan inhibitor when being probed as well