These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Recon Ships

First post
Author
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#21 - 2014-12-22 01:12:10 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Shelom Severasse wrote:
Omar Alharazaad wrote:

Or is this the Fox News OMG EBOLA!!! of the day? Roll

your politically inflammatory remarks are unneeded. this is about eve, try to stay on topic.

That's precisely his point,
there are pretty hilarious "the sky is falling" posts all over the place,
the parallel isn't without merit.

"Politically".

What, is fox news now not even pretending it isn't a propaganda disseminator?

I fly a rook quite a bit. D-scan immunity won't fix this ship.
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#22 - 2014-12-23 08:10:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Omar Alharazaad
It may not, but at least it's getting a little bit of love. I may actually finally get around to buying and fitting one now.
My point was, as Ralph was kind enough to elaborate on, that there are a plethora of threads like this popping up with people freaking out over this change. It's something that will merit some adaptation for certain niches of the playerbase, but the sky is not falling. It still shows up on combat probes, right?

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Tear Jar
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#23 - 2014-12-23 20:07:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Tear Jar
Jacob Holland wrote:
The difference is the absence of cloak targetting delay and the HAC-like combat performance. That and the absolute form of concealment - when a Bomber decloaks to do something the guy in the next anom might get some warning and some intel, a Rook won't show even when it's killing stuff.
I guess this will be particularly significant in WHs but it's going to have impacts everywhere.

So how is the ship getting a good warpin? If you are 80km off the warpin even the Lachesis is going to have to burn to you. 40km for anything else.
DankoShepard
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2014-12-24 02:45:48 UTC
We will just have to adapt to the changes, it's not gonna stop me from going to low sec... LOL
Andrew Indy
Cleaning Crew
#25 - 2014-12-24 03:49:24 UTC
If the tank on a recon was not going up I would not hate this change, but now they will have the Tank of a HAC and be in a lot of situations invisible.

Warp into a site, O look a ship with a crap tonne of Tank, can lock me down and I did not even know was there.

Currently you can often kill the Recon before back arrives, not any more.
Chris Winter
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#26 - 2014-12-24 05:57:57 UTC
Andrew Indy wrote:
If the tank on a recon was not going up I would not hate this change, but now they will have the Tank of a HAC and be in a lot of situations invisible.

Warp into a site, O look a ship with a crap tonne of Tank, can lock me down and I did not even know was there.

Currently you can often kill the Recon before back arrives, not any more.

Re-read the recon thread. They backed out the change to resists.
ggodhsup
relocation LLC.
#27 - 2014-12-26 14:31:48 UTC  |  Edited by: ggodhsup
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
I'm kinda confused. How are they now more scary than stealth bombers, black ops, force recons or cloaky t3's were already? Same difference, yes? Well, except you can actually see the combat recon land on grid.
Or is this the Fox News OMG EBOLA!!! of the day? Roll

more scary because they are being brought in line with hacs.....will be sporting hac dps......AND hac resists and tank.....ANDAND no d-scan......

this is just amazing.

EDIT: apparently they backed out on the resist change.....im a little bummed about this.
Mister Holder
Faceless Men
#28 - 2014-12-28 19:33:09 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Unless you're sitting at zero on a warpable object, Combat Recons won't be able to warp directly to you unless they deploy combat probes. Those combat probes are still 100% visible on D-Scan. So unless you're flying poorly, if you are already in an anom/site/whatever, you should be reasonably safe from Combat Recons.

Boosted Lach with 90k point begs to differ.
ggodhsup
relocation LLC.
#29 - 2014-12-29 02:52:03 UTC
Mister Holder wrote:
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Unless you're sitting at zero on a warpable object, Combat Recons won't be able to warp directly to you unless they deploy combat probes. Those combat probes are still 100% visible on D-Scan. So unless you're flying poorly, if you are already in an anom/site/whatever, you should be reasonably safe from Combat Recons.

this is why the lach and huginn will be on a level the bears can't handle, enjoyment with a side of obscene paranoia.
McChicken Combo HalfMayo
The Happy Meal
#30 - 2014-12-29 03:54:42 UTC
I just wish they had no cloak delay. Might be a bit OP but would be epic for solo hunting.

There are all our dominion

Gate camps: "Its like the lowsec watercooler, just with explosions and boose" - Ralph King-Griffin

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2014-12-29 08:03:14 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
The real buff is with the cloaky recons, especially the pilgrim...

I'm not sold on getting range on neuts at the price of losing neut amount is really a buff even if we take stats buff into consideration tbh.
Well, at least it's going to keep some of his transfer amount bonus...
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#32 - 2014-12-29 19:00:54 UTC
Now nominating CCP Rise for best troll of 2014.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#33 - 2015-01-02 07:45:11 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
Gregor Parud wrote:
The real buff is with the cloaky recons, especially the pilgrim...

I'm not sold on getting range on neuts at the price of losing neut amount is really a buff even if we take stats buff into consideration tbh.
Well, at least it's going to keep some of his transfer amount bonus...

The problem a solo pilgrim has is that it's slow as hell meaning it takes eons to sneak up on a target to make sure it's within striking distance and that it needs perfection conditions for it to work. Ranged neuts also gives it a defence against kiters and situations where it didn't go exactly as planned/required. In a recon gang the pilgrim is just useless; everyone has ranged points, webs, ecm and the Pilgrim is fcked for having ~10km neuts.

Now it'll actually be VERY powerful in sneaky Recon gangs. The tactical advantage of ranged neuts is more useful in more situations than the increase in neut performance because that is only really useful when soloing a slowboat, dumb, BS or similar.

The changed bonus where it has a bit of both will make it a really powerful ship.
snake03
#34 - 2015-01-14 18:44:30 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:

I feel like their real strength will be sitting somewhere and waiting for you to warp to them, but even then they will still show up on combat probe scans, so scan your site first and you'll be fine.

Many pilots won't adapt to this, and they'll be the ones that the Combat Recon pilots kill. Most probably will and they'll be fine. The sky isn't falling, parts of it just aren't showing up on D-Scan anymore. Blink

If they are in a plex, deadspace pocket, gast site etc etc , you still wont be able to warp on them at 0, probes or not........

I'm just a modern day caveman in search of a bigger club.

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#35 - 2015-01-14 20:37:55 UTC
snake03 wrote:

If they are in a plex, deadspace pocket, gas site etc etc , you still wont be able to warp on them at 0, probes or not........

This is also true. They will be able to wait for you at the warp-in though, assuming that they can tank whatever NPCs are there.

And they'll still be 100% visible on combat probes, so...yeah.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#36 - 2015-01-14 21:01:21 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Grim days for explorers in low-sec incoming. Sites are prescanned and most of them may have bookmarks on cans. We'll see what happen, but i expect less ppl to explore. We don't have a counter-measure for that kind of ability.
Bronson Hughes wrote:
I feel like their real strength will be sitting somewhere and waiting for you to warp to them, but even then they will still show up on combat probe scans, so scan your site first and you'll be fine.

SoE ships don't have enough CPU to fit expanded launchers, because they would overshadow covops.
This change affect all gameplay not only fleets. Really bad change.

You could idk maybe use a Recon to do your exploration.

Oderint Dum Metuant

Altirius Saldiaro
Doomheim
#37 - 2015-01-14 21:26:31 UTC
Aralieus wrote:
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Grim days for explorers in low-sec incoming. Sites are prescanned and most of them may have bookmarks on cans. We'll see what happen, but i expect less ppl to explore. We don't have a counter-measure for that kind of ability.
Bronson Hughes wrote:

SoE ships don't have enough CPU to fit expanded launchers, because they would overshadow covops.
This change affect all gameplay not only fleets. Really bad change.

You could idk maybe use a Recon to do your exploration.

Or A. Not be greedy and pay a friend to be your scout
Or B. Take the risk and know that by being an explorer, you've likely made more isk than your ship is worth so.... old rule applies, dont fly what you cant afford to lose.

SOE trailer didnt have one single lone pilot. There were 2 ships that I remember. One did the hacking while the other dealt with combat threats.
Roel Yento
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2015-01-15 11:23:00 UTC
Mister Holder wrote:
Bronson Hughes wrote:

Boosted recon needs an uncloaked ship in system to provide boosts still. If you are runnig sites and see their links hop in then you warp to safe. If you don't see links hop in then you wouldn't see a cloaky ship hop into system either.
PastyWhiteDevil
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#39 - 2015-01-17 20:16:35 UTC
rise did a great job with the t1 stuff. he needs to seriously not touch anything else t2. d-scan immunity shouldn't be a thing the only ships that could possibly deserve it would be blops. blops needed a re-balance way more than recons did.
Previous page12