These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

OMG wtf is this??

First post
Author
Temuken Radzu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2011-12-17 19:31:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Temuken Radzu
You can say rather that he is not in a corp, he IS the corp Pirate
Apollo-Moor
Omni Defense Intelligence Network
Get Off My Lawn
#42 - 2011-12-17 19:34:15 UTC
mkint wrote:
Apollo-Moor wrote:

EDIT: Botting/Automation and multiboxing with one KB and mouse are not the same thing..

The difference being automating through "multiboxing" has some halfassed justifications. It is still automation. It is still things that are flat out impossible to do in the same timeframe without special automation software/hardware.

The justification "anyone could do it" that some are spouting out is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Anyone can go to any botting software website, download that crap, and bot like crazy as well. That must mean you consider it okay, which must mean that you probably do it yourselves, which is probably worth a CCP investigation (if only the security guy didn't work for goons. Sad )

LoL Rookie Empire botting? Lol

Okay, well you come on down to catch region and see how much botting we do.. LoL wait till I get on TS with that one

And yes I post on my main.. No need to hide behind an alt forum name..

If you knew what botting was you'd understand it takes no human interaction other than hitting the play button. It will mine, rat, POS up and all types of **** whether you're AFK or not.

When you multibox one KB and mouse you click and the command is registered by all clients. The thing is you actually have to input commands yourself. Nothing will be done without clicking

Again seperate from botting because you have to do nothing other than DL set the program right and forget. You should try to understand the difference between the two first before raging on everyone who comments on it..

Multiboxing is not new and is basically just having muliple clients open. He does have the advantage of not having to ALT TAB or whatever. If he's on multiple computers it even easier..

Rookie Empire botting! LmBaO.. okay.. right
Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#43 - 2011-12-17 19:35:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
I say CCP should embrace this and give us a "multiple account single user mode client".
As in, built-in support for this AND MUCH MORE inside the client.
Call it the "EVE real-time strategy client" >:)
Basically, you merge as many accounts into a single login as you like (paying sub costs proportionate to number of accounts) and get to command as many pilots at the same time as you like, Command&Conquer style.
:P

P.S. The same interface should be presented to fleet, wing and squad commanders, with each pilot in the same solar system figured in.
The only difference being you tell them what you WANT them to do, but instead of it happening, they get dynamic HUD objectives they have to actually enact to the best of their abilities.
Riley Moore
Sentinum Research
#44 - 2011-12-17 19:37:46 UTC
Akita T wrote:
I say CCP should embrace this and give us a "multiple account single user mode client".
Basically, you merge as many accounts into a single login as you like (paying sub costs proportionate to number of accounts) and get to command as many pilots at the same time as you like, Command&Conquer style.

I'd love a function to switch between characters of several accounts without once logging out. As in, no client reboot requited. Just switch like you're switching between PI planets.

Large volumes of highly researched Ammo, drones, charges and ship bpo's. Biggest BPO store in EVE! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=445524#post445524

Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#45 - 2011-12-17 19:39:33 UTC
Akita T wrote:

P.S. The same interface should be presented to fleet, wing and squad commanders, with each pilot in the same solar system figured in.
The only difference being you tell them what you WANT them to do, but instead of it happening, they get dynamic HUD objectives they have to actually enact to the best of their abilities.

Don't push it.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#46 - 2011-12-17 19:42:03 UTC
its not botting if you are at the controls
its not a bot fleet because all 25 accounts respond to the user input and only the user input
no matter how its connected to the clients

his biggest problem is due to the method of control he uses, all the accounts have to have the same password that he types into all 1000 clients from one keyboard

to me that's a dangerous way of living, especially with 10,000 accounts at stake

you'd think with 25,000 accounts he'd crash the node when he logs in
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2011-12-17 19:42:33 UTC
Akita T wrote:
mkint wrote:
What I do know is that this famous CCP endorsed botter uses 1 keyboard and mouse (and yes, I've seen the pics of his setup) to automate gameplay on multiple accounts by reproducing movements on one account. The technical side is irrelevant. He's playing 1 account and botting dozens of others.

It's not automation, it's forking of inputs.
Automation is "smart" (some degree of adaptability, ability to follow directives, anything like that), what he does is as "dumb" as it can be (merely entering the same commands on all boxes).
What he does is essentially a virtual/electronic version of an elaborate mechanical contraption containing 25 mice and 25 keyboards.
Since the mechanical system would be perfectly legit, and since the virtual one is practically the exact same thing, no, it's not TECHNICALLY botting, it's not even macroing (and limited forms of macroing, like that provided by G15 keyboards or such ARE ALSO ALLOWED).

Now I'm imagining the clockpunk version of that setup. It's awesome.

Though All Men Do Despise Us

mkint
#48 - 2011-12-17 19:43:45 UTC
Apollo-Moor wrote:
mkint wrote:
Apollo-Moor wrote:

EDIT: Botting/Automation and multiboxing with one KB and mouse are not the same thing..

The difference being automating through "multiboxing" has some halfassed justifications. It is still automation. It is still things that are flat out impossible to do in the same timeframe without special automation software/hardware.

The justification "anyone could do it" that some are spouting out is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Anyone can go to any botting software website, download that crap, and bot like crazy as well. That must mean you consider it okay, which must mean that you probably do it yourselves, which is probably worth a CCP investigation (if only the security guy didn't work for goons. Sad )

Underlined the important part... that part wasn't directed at you specifically, just making a general response to a theme of justifications for botting.

Although there is no reason to assume someone in any specific corp can't or wouldn't bot, just like you wouldn't assume someone wouldn't be a child molester just because they are in a specific religion.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Apollo-Moor
Omni Defense Intelligence Network
Get Off My Lawn
#49 - 2011-12-17 19:55:50 UTC
I understand your source of discontent. I am very against botting but being a multiboxer myself.. I can't be purely against it..

Although I don't have a one KB-n-Mouse set up..

He is playing a dangerous game in many aspects and wouldn't survive like that in 0.0. Could you imagine all (what are we up to now?) 30,000 of his clients landed on a good gate camp.. or warped his fleet into some bubble camp.. He'd alpha the **** outta people but boy the tears would overflow and a misclick at a bad time..
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#50 - 2011-12-17 19:58:34 UTC
how you send input to the proper port of the client machine is outside the scope of the EULA

welcome to having the right to own and maintain your own infrastructure and hardware as you wish without interference from software manufacturers.

Now go get a job and you could be a big deal too

seriously, get a freekin clue.

if you are playing eve, you are playing eve, no matter if 1, 2, 10, or 100 accounts.
no modification to the client or data = no foul
Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#51 - 2011-12-17 20:19:17 UTC
mkint wrote:
Apollo-Moor wrote:
mkint wrote:
Apollo-Moor wrote:

Underlined the important part... that part wasn't directed at you specifically, just making a general response to a theme of justifications for botting.

Although there is no reason to assume someone in any specific corp can't or wouldn't bot, just like you wouldn't assume someone wouldn't be a child molester just because they are in a specific religion.

Take the post with least amount of words against your own arguments, quote it and reply completely disregarding everything that has been argumented by everyone else.

Why isn't everyone here just like Tippia?

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Nullbeard Rager
Doomheim
#52 - 2011-12-17 20:27:21 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
mkint wrote:
Riley Moore wrote:
mkint wrote:
He's a botter. Report him. He uses software to automate the controls of 40 accounts.

Not automate, copy. BIG difference. Every action that happens still required a keypress.

No... only 1 action on 1 one of his accounts requires a keypress. The rest are bots programmed to AUTOMATICALLY mimic the lead.

So you're telling me that there are people who play EVE who aren't tech savvy enough to understand the basic principle of broadcasting?

Go back to WoW, son.

Mhmm...

Field of Trolls:  "If you chum it, they will come."

Feligast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2011-12-17 20:33:09 UTC
mkint wrote:
Apollo-Moor wrote:
mkint wrote:
Apollo-Moor wrote:

Yet you can freely assume that when someone shows you the flaw in your logic, they must be botters themselves. Cute.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#54 - 2011-12-17 20:55:12 UTC
He must be a seriously bored guy...

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#55 - 2011-12-17 21:45:06 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:

Why it's allowed in Eve, I do not know...

Because CCP can do the math. 15 subs per month, 180 subs a year, all from the same dude. Doesn't matter if he pays in cash or PLEX, a sub is a sub.
Paragon Renegade
Sebiestor Tribe
#56 - 2011-12-17 21:55:34 UTC
"CCP! We hate 'pay-to-win'! We demand you not do this!" *Occupies Jita*

"Nah, this guy paying for 25 accounts is fine"

lmfao

The pie is a tautology

Jita Alt666
#57 - 2011-12-17 22:17:00 UTC
Paragon Renegade wrote:

lmfao

Pay 2 win is paying for an advantage that other account holders don't have.
In what does each of Zhek's accounts gain an advantage over each of mine, or each of anybody else I know?

Paragon Renegade
Sebiestor Tribe
#58 - 2011-12-17 22:22:42 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
Paragon Renegade wrote:

lmfao

Pay 2 win is paying for an advantage that other account holders don't have.
In what does each of Zhek's accounts gain an advantage over each of mine, or each of anybody else I know?

He commands 25 times the number of ships a single player can normally, because he pays for it.

The pie is a tautology

Selene D'Celeste
The D'Celeste Trading Company
ISK Six
#59 - 2011-12-17 22:23:52 UTC
Logic courses should be part of basic education; are not; film at 11.

Visit www.eohpoker.com and enjoy EVE's oldest ISK gaming service!

Aggressive Nutmeg
#60 - 2011-12-17 22:44:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Aggressive Nutmeg
The unquestionable mantra of the EVE forums: "EVE is NOT a single player game"

Yeah, right. Roll

Time to get a new religion, folks.

Never make eye contact with someone while eating a banana.