These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Crucible 1.0.2 Macintosh Issues and Feedback

First post
Author
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2011-12-14 12:32:06 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Spitfire
EVE Online: Crucible 1.0.2 has been deployed. This update fixes various issues stemming from the Crucible release. Full patch notes are available here.

General feedback about Crucible can be posted in the general feedback thread.

Please use this format for reporting any issues in this thread:

• Description of problem, the more verbal the better
  • Hardware info (Mac model, GPU, CPU, RAM etc.)
  • OS version
  • Step by step guide to what causes the issue
  • Step by step guide to any workaround that has resolved the issue for you

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Reno684
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-12-14 18:44:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Reno684
Eve has problems installing patch on my IMac. Every time I try to install it i get this

Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/CCP/EVE/resShaders.stuff -> SHA1 Error

I've tried downloading the patch through the game browser and also from the website.

I don't want to reinstall the entire client again.

IMac 27in. mid 2011
Processor 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)
Caia Amantial
Caia Corp
#3 - 2011-12-15 03:19:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Caia Amantial
Opening the fitting window while in a ship (e.g. in space, or in hangar, but not in Captain's Quarters) is causing my iMac to freeze.

The nature of the freeze prohibits taking a screenshot, so please excuse a brief description:

The window frame draws, as do most of the stats on the right, without their icons. The slots never draw, and the ship graphics never load. On my most recent few attempts, a pinkish-purple "matrix" pattern has appeared over the top 1/3 of the left area of the window (where the slots and ship are).

At this point I retain cursor control, but am unable to change focus even when EVE is running in windowed mode. Attempting to change desktops also produced no result.

Attempted every Mac and windows escape key combination I could think of after the freeze. Ctrl-alt-del, cmd-tab, alt-tab, cmd-q, cmd-enter, alt-enter, cmd-opt-esc, etc. None had any impact.

Changing ships before opening the window did not produce different results. Same outcome after switching stations, and even on a brand new character.

The window displays as normal when opened while in the Captain's Quarters.

The Market, Assets, and Character Sheet windows all display normally. I have not tested other windows.

iMac 27" mid-2011
2.7GHz Intel Core i5
16GB 1333MHz DDR3 (PC3-10666)
AMD Radeon 6770M 512MB
OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

UPDATE: Turning off HDR alleviates this problem. Despite this forum post, and a petition, I had to arrive at this "fix" completely on my own, with NO help from CCP whatsoever. This is not a fix; This card supports HDR, and it worked in Crucible 1.0.1, but given CCP's lack of response on any Mac-related issue, I have a feeling I will be playing without it for quite some time.

Maybe if the Mac client got a mere fraction of all the work CCP has been putting into the Russian client, we'd actually have a solid, stable, playable game.
Cirage
Ventus
#4 - 2011-12-17 13:51:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Cirage
  • It crashes frequently. I have failed to see a pattern, other then it happens when I'm in space, not in station. Sometimes I can play for hours and sometimes it crashes within 5 minutes after last crash and variations in between.
  • iMac
  • Modellidentifierare: iMac7,1
    Processornamn: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processorhastighet: 2,8 GHz
    Antal processorer: 1
    Totalt antal kärnor: 2
    L2-cache: 4 MB
    Minne: 2 GB
    Busshastighet: 800 MHz
    Boot ROM-version: IM71.007A.B03
  • Flying in space... (sorry)
  • [*] No workaround found