These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

POS Sounding Board on December 18th

First post First post
Author
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#21 - 2014-12-15 20:18:36 UTC
Time is too early for me - will still be at work.

But I would love to see POSs revamped to be more modular and less limited by slots and fittings like our ships are.

The powergrid / CPU needs are fine - but when I'm building a space sand castle, I should be able to keep building and adding more power generators and more CPUs and then keep building more and more things. If I want to drop 5b isk all in one spot and run 20 processors and 10 labs and 5 hangar arrays, I should have that option to risk that much all in one spot.

I'll concede that the number of goo harvesters should remain limited, and some sort of balance needs to be found on firepower vs. fuel used to prevent unassailable deathstars.

...and add a drone bay module that I can stuff full of minions to defend my pos.

...and of course all the sensible day to day needs like better roles, better UI, etc.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#22 - 2014-12-15 22:09:47 UTC
some ideas

1. remove POS forcefields
- will stop ships OGB or assisting fighters without a big risk of dying

2. capital docking/mooring
- allow people too use mains for capitals instead of capital alts

3. POS city sprawl
- if mods were spread out all over a grid this would allow skirmishes and seperate fights too happen around the POS

4. Raidable and hackable structures
- kind of needs the above points really too make it a worthwhile and functionable feature.
- able too hack SMA's, hangars etc for things that can drop and be stolen so you don't have too do a POS bash too get something and will make small fast raiding parties have useful and effective gameplay.
- would also make moon mining a separate more POCO like structure so it stores all goo harvested in it until someone either takes it or could now hack it and depending on how well defended it is in terms of security systems (could be upgradable) discerns how much you can take.

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Sugar Kyle
Middle Ground
#23 - 2014-12-15 23:50:07 UTC
I'll start mailing people tomorrow evening to get final conformations. Attach your name if you think that you can come. I'll also condense the ideas listed and try to work them all into the session. So far we've been running at about an hour as not to wear anyone out. The last four soundboards have gone well. I expect this to go well. Then we can get dev feedback and go from there.

There is also a lot of good, well fleshed out, feedback in this thread. Thank you. Remember that a survey should be headed out soon about POS so keep an eye out for it.

Member of CSM9 and CSM10.

ArmEagle Kusoni
Knights of Nii
The 20 Minuters
#24 - 2014-12-16 06:42:39 UTC
If I can, I'll probably listen in, is that an option for these soundboards (though I know you can at least listen back - I did for this other recent one). But I will probably be doing other things while doing so.
Michal Jita
Lords Of The Universe
#25 - 2014-12-16 07:20:25 UTC
I'll love to join in on that.
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#26 - 2014-12-17 08:19:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Schmata Bastanold
Could POS be a place where you can deliver contracted goods? It wouldn't have to be a same kind of contract as we have now since I guess filling destination field could get complicated due to huge amount of POSes but maybe it could be like corp invite thing? So if I want you to bring stuff to my POS I have to maybe kind of invite you to it? So guns wouldn't aggro and you could open "mailbox" structure and dump stuff into it?

Little background as of why. When I had my hisec POS few months ago I was crunching belts and compressing ore in array. There was a little mining group in same system, they started playing not so long before so not much money or knowledge or anything. We were talking while our lazors were cycling, I shared my orca booster with them and we talked about Eve stuff.

They didn't know about compression and that ore in this form is or can be more profitable so we worked out little deal. They contracted their ore to me at station next door (system we were mining in didn't have any stations) and got ISK for it. Later I did few full orca runs to my POS, compressed ore, hauled it back to station and contracted it back to them at same price they got earlier. Yes I know that was very nice of me but this whole thing would be so much easier and faster if they could just bring it straight to my POS.

Invalid signature format

Balder Verdandi
Wormhole Sterilization Crew
#27 - 2014-12-17 16:47:05 UTC
Sugar Kyle
Middle Ground
#28 - 2014-12-17 17:00:03 UTC
Everyone who said they could or may be able to attend has been mailed.

I've asked for conformation. Corbexx will then send out a mass mail with the teamspeak information.

I've asked where you manage POS and briefly what you do. This is so that I can identify any areas we don't have people representing for major issues (like a whole area of space or something terrible) and can try to grab another person or two.

However, don't despair! I expect this to be amazing and only the first of many productive sessions.

We're recording it.

Thank you everyone for participating.

corbexx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2014-12-18 10:04:55 UTC
Sugar Kyle wrote:
Everyone who said they could or may be able to attend has been mailed.

I've asked for conformation. Corbexx will then send out a mass mail with the teamspeak information.

I've asked where you manage POS and briefly what you do. This is so that I can identify any areas we don't have people representing for major issues (like a whole area of space or something terrible) and can try to grab another person or two.

However, don't despair! I expect this to be amazing and only the first of many productive sessions.

We're recording it.

Thank you everyone for participating.

Everyone who has replied to sugar has been mailed ts details, if you havent got them please reply to sugars mail and cc me in so i can mail you the details.
CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#30 - 2014-12-18 15:51:52 UTC
Our structure survey is out:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=392811

CCP Nullarbor // Senior Engineer // Team Game of Drones

Bobmon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2014-12-18 15:54:48 UTC
Hi, Awesome idea! I would love to join the conversation!

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Balder Verdandi
Wormhole Sterilization Crew
#32 - 2014-12-18 19:28:43 UTC
My apologies for missing this; we had a prowler in the neighborhood last night and the police were called.

I have a love/hate for the holidays ..... the "hate" portion because of being woke up at 3am to a neighbor's front door being kicked in.
Sugar Kyle
Middle Ground
#33 - 2014-12-18 19:54:37 UTC
Before you listen to the sound cloud know that we are going to schedule another one for January at some point. That should cover 'you didn't discuss this!'

Soundcloud is up compliments of Silvonus again.

We covered a lot of topics. I kept the conversation moving when we got a bit circular because I wanted to cover a broad range of topics. From there we can fill in holes or have specialties. Already, Kenneth has requested something more focused on mechanics like stations.

Redoing POS as a whole is on the board. We discussed from current problems and things that need improvement to some potential future changes or methods.

Make sure to go and do the survey Nullarbor posted above.

This is our first talking point not our last.

Celly S
Neutin Local LLC
#34 - 2014-12-18 23:14:02 UTC
Did not know of this in time, but, I just became available after work, so it is cool.
I hope you guys were able to carry some of the really good suggestions from the pos thread over into your discussions

o/
Celly

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Celly S
Neutin Local LLC
#35 - 2014-12-19 02:44:35 UTC
CCP Nullarbor wrote:

I have to say that the way some of those questions are worded, makes the questions seem nonsensical

I know it is likely just a language thing so I answered as best as I could.

o/

Celly

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#36 - 2014-12-19 09:19:47 UTC
Poo, couldn't make it on yesterday for one of the most important issues to me -_-
Previous page12