These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

When am i able to fly T2 missions and combat sites?

Author
Giggedyy
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-12-16 08:18:54 UTC
o/ Hello there,

i have a question about T2 missions and combat sites. So im flying a Omen and a Maller on T1 atm. Upgrade to T2 will be in 15 days. But T2 stuff is really expensive and my T1 security missions only award me with 50k isk + 50k isk time bonus. So is there any chance of flying security 2 missions and combat sites ( i have no idea about them ) to gain a little bit more ISK?

o7 Thanks for helping out.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#2 - 2014-12-16 08:30:17 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Okay so....

Tech levels only apply to ships and equipment. Missions are a little bit more linear and can be completed by any ship type that is capable of them.
The general rule of thumb is this...

Level 1 missions: Frigate/Destroyer
Level 2: Destroyer/Cruiser
Level 3: Cruiser/Battlecruiser
Level 4: Battleships
Level 5: Multiple Battleships

The only way to gain access to higher level missions is by running the lower levels until you have enough standing with the NPC corporation.
You will be able to see the Agent levels and whether or not they are available on the stations screen.

As far as cost is concerned...

Understand that in EVE higher level equipment will only give a linear power increase at an exponentially higher price. So do not expect the capabilities of your ship to drastically increase with Tech 2 equipment.

That said... higher level skills and better equipment will add up over time. Take it slow and learn about the systems you are getting yourself into (while having fun at the same time).

Hopefully this helps.
Giggedyy
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-12-16 08:38:40 UTC
Thanks for the quick overview about ships/missions. I guess i will try the security 2 mission i saw yesterday. When i get blown up no problem i guess i have a good insurance :)
Tuscor
#4 - 2014-12-16 11:30:02 UTC
Level 1 - 2 missions don't pay very well, but once you get into level 3 and particularly level 4 missions you will notice a significant increase in income.

If you find missions a bit boring, you could move into exploration and combat sites... you still get to kill NPC rats but there is the chance of expensive faction loot at the end. Income is maybe not as consistent but I find the chance based income to be more exciting.
Please Turn
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-12-16 17:21:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Please Turn
ShahFluffers wrote:

The only way to gain access to higher level missions is by running the lower levels until you have enough standing with the NPC corporation.

No hard feeling here, so don't take it personally but I have to say it: This is not only completely wrong, as in this is surely not the only way, but it is also the worst possible way for a new player to unlock the level 4 missions.

Unlocking level 4 missions in a nutshell

1. Before anything else train the relevant social skills. Which ones? Don't be lazy and do some minimal research.

2. Choose the faction for which you want to do the high level missions. Complete(and repeat) the career missions sets(the ones that have 10 missions per set) for your chosen faction and the faction that is allied with it(minmitar/galente or caldari/amarr). Yeah, it is kind of boring since we're talking(if i remember correctly) of 10(mission per set)*5(sets)*3(school locations per faction)*2(factions) = 300 missions. However, at the end of each set(of 10) you get a considerable boost in faction standings and you can blitz them in no time.

3. Sell all the junk you get from completing the career missions. Use the isk you made to do data center missions. These require you to hand in some items(called tags whatever) which you can buy from the market. Get the cheap ones first etc. By now, you should have standings to do at least level 3 missions. If you have more isk you can buy the expensive ones too which should be enough to unlock the level 4 missions.

4. If you don't have enough isk to unlock level 4 missions at step 3, you can always make a cute post on reddit on how you like eve and so on. Some vet' will love it and he will feel obliged to send you some isk. In alternative(begging is not your thing :P ), you can keep grinding standings by exploring the topics of: cosmos missions, epic arc missions, and the normal mission grinding.

Anyway, my point is this: following the advice above will unlock level 4 missions faster than you can train a ship capable to solo them (quickly solo them). On the other hand doing normal missions (L1->L2->L3-> ...) to unlock the higher ones is, in my opinion, a possible way to do it but also a complete waste of time(due to the low rewards and the time involved ).

And obligatory Eve comment: don't lose too much time with grinding missions. Make/get some friends and go explore the universe. That's the only thing that makes Eve feel unique. Just saying ...

Join TheTuskers, travel to exotic distant lands, meet exciting unusual people and ... kill them!

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-12-16 17:47:27 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Please Turn wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:

No hard feeling here, so don't take it personally but I have to say it: This is not only completely wrong, as in this is surely not the only way, but it is also the worst possible way for a new player to unlock the level 4 missions.

Unlocking level 4 missions in a nutshell

1. Before anything else train the relevant social skills. Which ones? Don't be lazy and do some minimal research.

2. Choose the faction for which you want to do the high level missions. Complete(and repeat) the career missions sets(the ones that have 10 missions per set) for your chosen faction and the faction that is allied with it(minmitar/galente or caldari/amarr). Yeah, it is kind of boring since we're talking(if i remember correctly) of 10(mission per set)*5(sets)*3(school locations per faction)*2(factions) = 300 missions. However, at the end of each set(of 10) you get a considerable boost in faction standings and you can blitz them in no time.

3. Sell all the junk you get from completing the career missions. Use the isk you made to do data center missions. These require you to hand in some items(called tags whatever) which you can buy from the market. Get the cheap ones first etc. By now, you should have standings to do at least level 3 missions. If you have more isk you can buy the expensive ones too which should be enough to unlock the level 4 missions.

4. If you don't have enough isk to unlock level 4 missions at step 3, you can always make a cute post on reddit on how you like eve and so on. Some vet' will love it and he will feel obliged to send you some isk. In alternative(begging is not your thing :P ), you can keep grinding standings by exploring the topics of: cosmos missions, epic arc missions, and the normal mission grinding.

Anyway, my point is this: following the advice above will unlock level 4 missions faster than you can train a ship capable to solo them (quickly solo them). On the other hand doing normal missions (L1->L2->L3-> ...) to unlock the higher ones is, in my opinion, a possible way to do it but also a complete waste of time(due to the low rewards and the time involved ).

And obligatory Eve comment: don't lose too much time with grinding missions. Make/get some friends and go explore the universe. That's the only thing that makes Eve feel unique. Just saying ...

Please. NEVER ever post again.

Shah's answer is perfectly fine, yours is just stupid.

You, first claim that Shah is wrong that you don't need to start at lower end missions. Then you waste anybodies time to show they have to do the career agents and then the career agents in order. Which is EXACTLY what shah said.

Your stupid suggestion, you start at a low end career agent and then move along towards career agents which you take on from lowest to highest...

How weird, that is exactly what Shah said.

Let me guess, you are the person who sells the tags overpriced.
Or you lack any form of reading what is said.
Or both.

What ever you do, please turn...and never come back to the forum unless you have something to add to it.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Please Turn
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2014-12-16 18:00:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Please Turn
@JPoll:

Dude, what the hell are you smoking?

I'm not going to enter an internet debate on semantics(are the career, data center missions to be considered L1,2,.. missions in the usual sense as normal L1,2,3,.. missions or not). People can or can't read, can or can't understand the meaning of words. I can't do anything to help you, so - sorry(actually I'm not but who cares anyway). Thanks for reminding me why I usually don't post on these forums.

Join TheTuskers, travel to exotic distant lands, meet exciting unusual people and ... kill them!

J'Poll
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-12-16 18:03:31 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Please Turn wrote:
@JPoll:

Dude, what the hell are you smoking?

I'm not going to enter an internet debate on semantics(are the career, data center missions to be considered L1,2,.. missions in the usual sense as normal L1,2,3,.. missions or not). People can or can't read, can or can't understand the meaning of words. I can't do anything to help you, so - sorry(actually I'm not but who cares anyway). Thanks for reminding me why I usually don't post in these forums.

Well, they are just missions and of lower class.

Shah never mentioned he just meant normal missions or what so ever...he kept it general...with missions. Which can be ANY kind.

P.s. In the time it would take to do your idea, a new player could have trained some social skills and done a handful of L1 and L2 missions and already have access to L3. L4 after that isn't too far too if you are doing L3.

And you don't even have to spent ISK on tags or do the "boring" career agents yet again.

Luckily you don't post often, it's a good thing.

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Please Turn
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-12-16 18:15:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Please Turn
@JPoll.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about(here in particular, and in general I might say - I always have a good chuckle when reading your pvp related posts). While grinding normal missions unlocks L4 for a specific corporation(and it's debatable how fast that works) my advice(which isn't even necessarily mine, use google - with the difference that I go on and test things I read about) allows you to unlock L4 for all the corporations in the given faction('cause you know faction standings are more important).

Anyway, just a piece of advice: stop insulting people you know nothing about. It does you no good. Just saying.

Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-12-16 19:10:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Cara Forelli
Please Turn wrote:

No.

It may be an inefficient way for a veteran player, but it is exactly how a new player should unlock missions. Really, you are going to suggest a brand new player should run the tutorials six times? If any new player makes it through that and actually subscribes I will give them my Bhaalgorn*...

Not to mention that they won't have the appropriate skills to run level 4s anyway, which you concede in your post. So I'm not sure why you would recommend a boring grindy process to unlock missions they have no business doing. They'll just lose their ship immediately, having no idea what to expect out of a level 4 mission without ever doing level 2s and 3s. It's much better for a new player to follow the progression from 1-4 which gives them time to skill up and gain experience.

Sure...you are technically correct that it's the fastest way to get to level 4s. Is it what the OP should do? No.

Please Turn wrote:

The appropriate skills are "social" and "connections"

*I will not be giving out a Bhaalgorn. Please do not run the tutorials six times on my account.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#11 - 2014-12-16 19:18:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Not sure if it was mentioned already but...

You need to do ONE level 1 mission before progressing to level 2 IF you train Connections 3.

Many level 2 missions can be done in a destroyer, but a few are EXTREMELY hard in a destroyer, even for a veteran, example Mission of Mercy (I've done it in a Thrasher, and I wouldn't recommend this insanity to anyone, except silly people wanting a challenge, which is the only reason I did it in a T1 destroyer).
J'Poll
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-12-16 19:55:14 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Please Turn wrote:
@JPoll.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about(here in particular, and in general I might say - I always have a good chuckle when reading your pvp related posts). While grinding normal missions unlocks L4 for a specific corporation(and it's debatable how fast that works) my advice(which isn't even necessarily mine, use google - with the difference that I go on and test things I read about) allows you to unlock L4 for all the corporations in the given faction('cause you know faction standings are more important).

Anyway, just a piece of advice: stop insulting people you know nothing about. It does you no good. Just saying.

So...

What you are showing is that you are great at:

Copy pasting stuff from Google.

And that you have 0 idea still what you are talking about.

A. A new player doesn't need instant L4 access.
B. A new player certainly does not need instant L4 access to an entire faction.

Hell, tell me how many people do mission running from more then 1 agent / 1 NPC corp?

p.s. I know nothing about you. Which isn't too weird for somebody not worth knowing something about, isn't that weird.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#13 - 2014-12-16 20:09:43 UTC
Please Turn wrote:
@JPoll.

Derp, no.
carreer missions are....wait for it.....missions, making saha 100% correct and jpoll also correct.

Piece of advice : don't be beligerantly misinformed or willfully ignorant and defensive in this sub forum, no one takes kindly to it.

And post with your main in here.
Please Turn
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-12-16 20:39:40 UTC
@Cara Forelli:

I do expect you to contract me that Bhaalgorn* because that's exactly how i unlocked the L4's and did them when I was around three weeks old into the game(and surprise I subbed and I'm still subbed). Anyway, jokes apart, if you're asking me if that is what I would recommend a new player to do when he starts playing Eve the answers is: no.

The long answer would be:

Make up( new player looking at you) your mind on what you want to do in Eve. I'm not talking about specifics: mining,missions,exploration, pvp, etc. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and consider you a decent (and intelligent) human being. My question will be : do you want(like) to mess around with other people, play alone(this doesn't exclude players interactions), play with others etc. ? Once you have that figured it out do your "homework" and research the game-mechanics(by reading, by asking - whatever method you prefer but make sure you test things on your own too because some information might be outdated or some people giving you advice might be wrong) that allows you to achieve your "objectives". Don't ever ask for fits(with the exceptions of comparing them with your own). If you do that it means you have no idea how the game works and you'll most probably never learn by continuing to do that.

But, I digress. My first post in this topic, needs to be read in the context it was written. Take it out of context and it may sound ********(like most things out of context I might add). That was my specific answer to both a new player complaining how little isk he makes from missions and what appears(appeared) to be an old player replying that the only way to get L4 is grinding normal missions.

You can agree or disagree with that(your choice). I'm glad that you agreed that technically that's the fastest way(hence me bothering to make a decent reply) and at the same time I do agree that's not the most exciting start of a game(that's why I said it's boring, but please don't try to argue that normal missions are exciting or anything like that).

I will repeat now, for the record, the important part of that post:

@JPoll:

Hmmm. Sorry dude, I had to do it. You're posts are blocked from now on. I can't argue with you. You won( you managed to do the impossible and trained that skilled that doesn't have a name to level VI, yeah 6 - it's not a typo).

Orlacc
#15 - 2014-12-16 20:53:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Orlacc
Deleted

Nasty post to uninformed twit who felt the need to post.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

J'Poll
Caldari State
#16 - 2014-12-16 22:01:09 UTC
Please Turn wrote:
That was my specific answer to both a new player complaining how little isk he makes from missions and what appears(appeared) to be an old player replying that the only way to get L4 is grinding normal missions.

@JPoll:

Hmmm. Sorry dude, I had to do it. You're posts are blocked from now on. I can't argue with you. You won( you managed to do the impossible and trained that skilled that doesn't have a name to level VI, yeah 6 - it's not a typo).

Funny part.

You were the only one that read that running lower level missions = running normal missions

And then show another way to do just another type of lower level mission to get there.

But heh, a person blocked me on the forum. Argh, I might aswel unsub now.

Ooh wait, it doesn't matter. I don't give a flying **** about what some "unknown" person thinks...So...bye...I guess.

Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-12-16 23:49:51 UTC
Please Turn wrote:
please don't try to argue that normal missions are exciting or anything like that.

You will never see me argue that.

Please Turn wrote:
don't lose too much time with grinding missions. Make/get some friends and go explore the universe. That's the only thing that makes Eve feel unique. Just saying ...[/b]

I couldn't agree with this more. Pirate

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Giggedyy
Doomheim
#18 - 2014-12-17 09:25:24 UTC
Thank you all for your answers :)

But is it always like this in the forums everyone hating each other :P
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#19 - 2014-12-17 10:09:30 UTC
Giggedyy wrote:
Thank you all for your answers :)

But is it always like this in the forums everyone hating each other :P

the forums here have been effectively weponised since long before i was here.
discussions can get fairly heated on certain subjects but this is unusual for this sub forum.

i would recommend reading for a while before posting in either general discussion or crime and punishment as they can be rather harsh at times and while mostly good natured slagging, might be a bit much if your not prepared for it.

a tough croud but thoroughly worth interacting with imho
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#20 - 2014-12-17 13:22:26 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
a tough croud but thoroughly worth interacting with imho

P
12Next page